The big episode II suprise...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthran
The Empire Strikes Back had one...I HOPE Attack of the Clones has one too...Perhaps the Emperor is Anakins father...hehe I can dream cant I?

What do you guys think will be the suprise, if any, in AOTC??

yerssot
as far as I know... nothing

LanceWindu
It would be awesome if there was, but I highly doubt it

Kane_Starkiller
I've had this one before. I've innocently suggested in other forums that it would be cool if there was another "luke, I'm your father" style surprise perhaps revealing something that the fans would never expect (ie, annakin not actually having any kids with padame - hey, we know luke is annakin's son, but what's to say for SURE that padme's the mother?), but unfortunatley die-hard fans did the equivalent of beat me with a stick, and ASSURED me that there would be no such surprise ... and I'm inclined to agree with them.

Although it would be seriously cool, it's very unlikely. The big dissadvantage of the internet is that nothing in the main stream goes unnoticed for long, and to keep completely spoiler free for any film is very hard. I avoid aotc spoilers as much as I can, but I've still stumbled over many.

I think George has pretty much said that there won't be any revelations, anyway. Basically, Annakin and Padme are lovers - AOTC follows Annakin's journey into the darkside.

Mind you, doing as Star Wars does, and keeping reoccuring themes flowing, it sure would be nice to hear Palpatine utter the words "Annakin, I am your father" ...

LanceWindu
Not gonna happen though, unless Palpy banged Shmi and then erased her memory with the force.

Kane_Starkiller
let's be honest. The thought ... is hillarious!!!

LanceWindu
Yeah, an old man screwing a woman just so he could get killed by the seeds of his essence.

yerssot
well, GL said that Anakin will be on a crossroad at the end of EPII

Dim
Yeah but that will probably be a result of his own actions..

yerssot
or from Palpatine manipulation it all

LanceWindu
We already know that somehow Plapy uses Anakins anger against him.

Julie
I like spoilers, but if there is supposed to be a big surprise in AOTC, I think I'd rather not know.

LanceWindu
I don't know if I would want to know the surprise, if there is one.

Julie
Seeing that there hasn't been mention of one...I believe you and I are spared the agony of choosing to know or not know to see a big surprise spoiler smile

LanceWindu
Who knows maybe it will be Episode III that will have the big surprise.

darthyogi
Of course Lucas could invent a surprise that was along the lines of the one in ESB. How about something like -

Palpatine / Sideous: It is true, Anakin, you have no natural father. You were indeed concieved by the midiclorians, but it was I, with my superior control of the Way of the Force, who inspired that conception.

Anakin: No - that can't be...

Palpatine / Sideous: Search your feelings young Jedi, you know it to be true. Not only are you the Chosen One, but you are my creation. You are destined to rule the Galaxy at my side, and you were created to do my bidding.

Anakin: I'll never join you!

Palapatine / Sideous: Oh you will, young Jedi. Or you will die!

Anakin collapses in pain as the same midiclorians that give him his incredible strength and ability charge his being with indescribable pain under the direction of the last remaining Sith Master - his Master and future Emperor of the Galaxy...

Ushgarak
Weird.

Kane_Starkiller
... and so Anakin commited himself to the dark side of the force, and swore to rule the galaxy at the side of the Emperor.

Many years past, and one night, whilst sat having a curry, the Emperor revealed a home truth to the man that was once Anakin Skywalker, after, admittedly consuming a little Alchohol.

Emperor: Hey Vader. Remember that time I told you it was I that created you?

Vader: Of course my lord. You are my creator, my father, my destiny.

Emperor: Yeah,... that was bullshit, man!

Vader: *dumbfounded* wha...?

Emperor: *in fits of giggles* yeah, it was all made up dude. Darth yogi first pitched the idea to me - he has a way over-imagination, spends a lot of time thinking about these things - posts on star wars forums quite a lot? Anyway, i rolled with it, more for laughs than anything else - and guess which muggins bought it?!!

Vader: I see ..... popadom?

jedi fernando
too much nonesense imagination
you speculate a lot.

darthyogi
Speculation is fun, I thought... confused

Julie
speculation can be dangerous in the wrong hands....as can most things.

darthyogi
Whoa - obviously not a popular thing to do then. I apologise to anyone who has found my speculation offensive / tedious.

In future I will keep my way over-imagination to myself and try to limit my postings to sharing in the excitement of the countdown to the release of AOTC.

smile

finti
DarthYogi just speculate all you want, dont mind the others. They might disagree with you but so what. cool

darthyogi
Thanks for the support Finti - I was beginning to wonder if I'd missed a meeting or something. wink

Kane_Starkiller
I DEMAND that you continue to speculate, yogi!

We need stuff like that to keep the forums interesting.

Alright, some members don't like it, but so what? Some members don't like it when you try to bring humour to the forums either! Sod it! This is a forum for everyone. So long as you stick to the rules, I'll revel in all the speculation in the world!

smile

Ushgarak
This seems to be getting rather silly.

Virtually no-one is anti-speculation; I have no idea where you got that idea from.

The exact same thing applies to humour.

However, if you are not prepared to have your posts criticised, then do not post.

Amidala
There is a surprise, it happens about half way thru the movie, and if you havent seen it yet in any of the spoilers then watch TPM again and note what Padme and Yoda talk to Annakin about being affraid of. It was pretty obvious watching TPM what happens to somebody in EPII. I was dissapointed at how obvious it was, even my mother worked it out, and she didnt even tell that Sidious was Palpatine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.