Storm vs Jean Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mutie
I like both of them!!! But whose stronger?
Tell me what you think...bash

Lord Ryugen
Move this to the X-Men part, or at least the Comic Book Superheroes.

mutie
how?

Lord Ryugen
Don't know, ask a moderator they'll know

Raz
Moving...

BarmyBrummie
jean would beat her.No contest, even though i prefer storm to jean. All she has to do is mess with her head and BAM shes down and out for the count yes

Vampiree
jean grey defnitely wink

kohl
storm is a better fighter. but in the long run jean could beat her.

Sesy Allerdyce
i think jean would beat her

Nightmare
Jean all the way, even without powers Jean would kick her booty!

flavinho
GO STORM!!! GO RIGHT TO DEATH!!!! laughing out loud (although i'd like if she won, i think jean would win too...)

Kes
Storm would fry her ass. I remeber an ep from the old carttons where Storm goes crazy and loses control. Not even the prof could stop her.

Be@st
I think that storm would win; if she would be fast enough; and jean if the fight would be slower (jean's powers are kinda slow so...) anyway don't listen me; I have no idea what I'm talkin' about.

juggernaut26
well this is how it was with storm goin crazy she goes nutso but she conquored it as jean didn't jean would beat her down though

icemanrocks
I'd have to say Jean Grey though.

eristole
uhh storm would win.. uhh yeah psstt. hey kes, do you like me more now? pls pls pls let this work. i always wanted a mod to like me and be
on my side! err i mean.. yeah storm is obviously the more powerful and
would totally own jean.

Kes
big grin

juggernaut26
not

eristole
i guess it depends on which kind of fight your talking about.

girl vs girl cat fight? storm would win.
knife fight? storm would win
powers fight? depends on situation, where they are at and preparation.
boxing? storm would win
kick boxing? storm would win
motocross racing? storm would win
x-box video game x-men next dimension, storm playing storm, jean playing jean? storm would win =p

depends on the kind of fight, situation, area, determination of parties, etc..

i'd say in most cases storm would win.

juggernaut26
we're talkin an all out fight and jean would win she's freakin pheonix and i would tear you up with jean against storm on xmen next dimension (i traded mine in no i shouldn't a done that) but i was best with wolverine or nightcrawler

eristole
nah, once storm gets you knocked on the ground her combo's will never let you get up. it's pretty stupid, but you'd get owned fast..

and it depends on where the fight took place... i really think storm would
win in almost any outdoor situation.

Kes
Jean is not the Phoenix! We are talking about the telepathic and telekinetic Jean Grey not the Phoenix.

mutie
Jean's telekinesis won't beat Storm coz if you go inside storm's mind it's like a nightmare...

eristole
that would be telepathy, telekinesis is a physical representation of mind powers(ie. lifting things.)

Herr Logan
It was said in the movie novelization that Storm's mind is hard to scan for telepaths, but in the "X-Men: Vignettes" story featuring Jean and Storm, Jean accidentally reads her mind (since she has to fight to keep others' thoughts out, not bring them in) and discovers her claustrophobia.
I think that Jean could easily take down Storm if she caught her off-guard. On the other hand, if Storm struck first, the fight would be hers, since her abilities are so powerful, she could stun Jean or make it impossible for her to maintain concentration. It's all a matter of who hits first and how hard.

RoguePw25
They both are pretty powerful, especially when Jean is the Phoenix, but I would put my money on Storm

SK88728
Jean!!!!!!

mutie
Well...for me storm would win coz if u go inside her mind you will be like crazy and if she uses telekinesis storms powers would probably destroy anything and if jean stays on storms storm she wouldnt last!!!and she cant concentrate either!!!

bester
I think Jean can block Storm's attacks. but I dont think Jean can defeat Storm.

Paola
eek! OMG!! bester!! you're here!!!

DemonicGambit-2
I got deja vu replyin' to this thread. I still go with Stormy! One bolt of lightening and Jean is out

Kes
I recall not even the prof being able to stop Storm when she's really pissed!

Paola
really, Kes??? I've never seen such thing eek! that's amazing!!

RoguePw25
Think about it, Storm can keep throwing lightning bolts at Jean. She wouldn't have a chance.

Not to mention, she could ice freeze her, among other things. .. .

Kes
It was in 1 or 2 eps from the old cartoons.

Paola
thanx, beautiful windrider happy

Phoenix_Avatar9
This would be a tough battle, If Storm ambushed Jean i think she could win cuz lighting is faster than the mind. But if they were prepared, Jean would have her force-fields up, still having a hard time cuz of storms sheer power. But i would give the battle to jean, anyway jean would get the benefits of the phoenix, remember NXM in the white hot room, she's a white phoenix of the crown. Unless we're talkin pre Phoenix Jean, that's a completely different story...

moondragon
I second Herr Logan!!

stormfront13
well even rachel grey w/ the phoenix force can't get into storms mind so i say she wins

Arcane
Jean for sure, just tap into Storm's phobias, and TK her ass back to africa, and make a lion eat the unconsious Storm big grin

stormfront13
hardly anyone can get into storms mind- even rachel grey can't?? her telekineses m,ight come in handy but storm is so much better and more powerful

Arcane
just coz Rachel (who shouldn't even be discussed in this thread) couldn't get into her mind, doesnt mean Jean cant, plus Jean could use TK to send Storm into a small places, and lock her in there, MUHAHAHAHAH evil face Jean wins we all know

stormfront13
i'm sayin that rachel had the phoenix force and still couldn't so its highly doubtful that jean w/ out it can do the same. snd storm won't just let her be doin that. storm can fly faster than mach three so it'll be a little hard to contain her. and storm can shoot lightning and can affect the inside of jeans shields- she has done it before. imo storm wins

Arcane
it would be really hard for storm to use her powers, if she is being continuously smashed into walls, head first

stormfront13
for that it depends on the location and it'll be a little hardfor you to do that with a huge snowstorm.

Arcane
Jean could make a clearing with her TK

stormfront13
besides in a comic not to long ago jean was being mindcontrolled and storm beat her easily. all storm did was create a tornado around jean and jean couldn't breath. she was on her knees holdong her neck and couldn't use her powers.

Arcane
but in mind controll Jean isnt at her fullest, mind controll doesnt make her better, it makes her worse

stormfront13
i never said it did. storm did it instantley and jean didn't have time to react. and you can't really clear a snowstorm

Phoenix_Avatar9
(not really a vs thing but...) jean has the physical potential to assume storms powers, jean has control of all matter and possibly energy, that would enable her to access storm's powers like electron manipulation=lighting blasts, aerokinesis=wind gusts etc, but since storm is psychically linked to earth's weather patterns, storm has an innate understanding of these mechanics. she even has potential for iceman's powers( taking heat away from matter by slowing it down) or magneto's (EM wavlength manipulation) possibly many more..any ideas

just a thought...any comments?

stormfront13
yeah avatar is right storm has the poential to be one of the stringest mutants. imo storm wins

Phoenix_Avatar9
Wait, i just had a thought, many telekinetics,(thoguh few are on molecular scale)have the potential to assume aspects of other mutants powers, the way storm can potentially mimic mutants powers, so could jean, rachel, etc. they have potential to omnipotently affect matter, geokinesis, a la avalanche but on a more refined scale, pyrokinesis like pyro but with the ability to generate flame, aquakinesis, also iceman's power to strip molecules of heat, and even storm's aero and electrokinetic powers. it's really more of a specialization question, storm would win if they had duels using lighting and gales or tornadoes, but using earth, or water jean or rachel could win, fire is too easily put out, you also have to calculate range and environment.

phew! any elaborations or comments?

Phoenix_Avatar9
another thought( here we go again) When Xorn killed Jean, he was just exerting a manifestation of his powers that closely mimicked Magneto's ability to manipulate magnetic fields, so there are probably so many mutants whose powers are tied together unbeknownst to us

DarkCrawler
How about that Jean just disconnects her brain from rest of his body. Jean easily.

Max Spidey 24
Thissssssss issssssssssssssss notttttttttt aaaaaaaaaaaaaa vsssssssssssss threaddddddddddd ....or is it

stormfront13
um... avatar those powers you mentioned are not manifestions of telekinesis except the geo one. fire and water have to be thrown at them to conttrol them

Phoenix_Avatar9
oops, well i meant if they were used against a telekinetic, unless you count matter transmutation by reassembling molecular and atom bonds, like when Dark Phoenix transmutated the tree into gold. I think current jean (white crown phoenix) can do that.

ayjay
but it also depends on the environment. Jean's powers can work pretty much everywhere, but Storms are only most effective on earth. When sh'es in a another dimension or world, she needs time to adjust herself to the environment...something to do with longitude or sumtin....i'm not sure...but if they were to battle on a plain of nothingness...Storm would have very little to work with...so i guess it has to do with WHERE they fight....imo.....current jean stands a very good chance

stormfront13
but storm has created her own weather before

fathead
I'm sorry but storm will kick jean's butt baddly

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by fathead
I'm sorry but storm will kick jean's butt baddly

No she wouldn't. You obviously don't know anything about Jean Grey. Her telepathy is more then enough to defeat Storm, and she can rip her head away with telekinesis.

FANBOYS. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ayjay
when did stprm create her own weather? i thought her power was a psionic link to earth's weather...and i know she has to re adjust when she goes to another dimension..but she cant just whip up a storm on a plainj of nothingness,...whereas jean would still be able to use her TK

stormfront13
in a plane storm can use all of her weather abilities- she's done it before-an example of this is kinda like the danger room

x-men fan
i joined this site just to say jean would beat the life out of storm not only could she block her attacks with her telekinetic force field and assult her with mental blast and also render her paralyzed with a glance with her telekinesis...but she could also unleash the infinant power of the phoenix.
anyone of jeans powers by thier self could defeat storm as a manner of fact.her telepathy is super strong and her telekinesis,and in phoenix form shes invincable.but im not sayin storms no push over she has my vote on anyone else.

stormfront13
you joined just to say that jean would win? seems like a big wast doesn't it? anyway, wasn't this thread supposed to be jean w/out any connection to the phoenix? imo storm would win. a tk field won't protect jean at all seeing as storm has already affected the inside of one of her fields. one bolt of electricity or lightning is all storm needs to take jean out. and seeing as lightning moves at 60,000 miles per second, she stands a good chance at hitting jean. if jean were to attack storm mentally, it would take major concentration on both parts, and while when storm is usually doing something like that huge storms start up leaving jean to have to worry about protecting herslf also. I'm not saying that jean can't break storm down mentally, I'm just saying that it would take a huge amount of effort on jeans part and she will have to worry about protecting herself also. I see it being at least 50/50

King KAM
f'uck jean

leonheartmm
easy king kam, and i have to say, jean has more than enough power to **** storm in a blink of an eye.

RisingStorm
I've always realized that Jean is only super strong when in Phoenix force. Without it, she is basically a cry baby. Literally. "Scoootttt....helppppp meee..." but then again they are over, so...crap she always die.

BobbyD
(sigh) Must they fight? sad

They're both hot. love

Phoenix_Avatar9
Jean before Phoenix transformation<<<<<Storm

Jean mid-evo>>Storm

Jean now>>>>>no question

Metalmanx
Jean would destroy Storm. In less than a second. Before Storm can even think to contemplate to fathom to even begin brainstorming (no pun intended) to throw a lightning bolt.

Jean: Shuts down Storm's brain.

There. End of fight.

wannabe
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Jean would destroy Storm. In less than a second. Before Storm can even think to contemplate to fathom to even begin brainstorming (no pun intended) to throw a lightning bolt.

There. End of fight. It's not THAT easy for Jean without PF. Other telepaths have tried that with Storm before and had major problems or weren't able to do it at all.
Besides, if Jean accidentally triggers Storm's "freak out brain center", she is in MAJOR trouble.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by wannabe
It's not THAT easy for Jean without PF. Other telepaths have tried that with Storm before and had major problems or weren't able to do it at all.
Besides, if Jean accidentally triggers Storm's "freak out brain center", she is in MAJOR trouble.

Why in the hell would Jean trigger Storm's "freak out brain center" even by accident? All she has to do is shut her brain down. Instantly.

Even before the Phoenix Force, Jean has been shown to be one of the most powerful telepaths.

eternitygoddess
Alot of you think that Jean is practically helpless without the Phoenix Force but she was considered very powerful without it too. She isn't an omega-level mutant for nothing.

powerfulone1987
Unless yall haven't noticed, it takes a huge amount of effort on Jean's part to do hardly anything.
Nothing comes with the click of a finger to her. And to do some of these feats that yall are coming up with would knock Jean out from all the hard concentration she would be doing to try and accomplish some of these things.
While Jean is busy concentrating, Storm is whooping some telepathic tale.

Someone said something about Strom being too busy concentrating. You do realize she is battling Jean here right? Out of these 2 people, one being a telepath, which involves the mind, which involves concentration of the mind, who do you think will be busy concentrating?

Storm wins all the time, anytime, everytime.

wannabe
Why in the hell would Jean trigger Storm's "freak out brain center" even by accident? All she has to do is shut her brain down. Instantly.

Even before the Phoenix Force, Jean has been shown to be one of the most powerful telepaths. I gave the "freak out brain center" their little " " because it was meant partially as a joke! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Emma, Xavier and Rachel have tried to shut down Storm mentally before and had major problems or weren't able to do it at all, because of her willpower, defensive training with Xavier and electromagnetic powers, especially when Ororo was in a frenzy, what might occur when she feels someone trying to mess with her mind.
You see the line of my thinking?

And yes, i know how powerful Jean is, even without PF-support, but so are Emma, Charles and Rachel.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by wannabe
I gave the "freak out brain center" their little " " because it was meant partially as a joke! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Emma, Xavier and Rachel have tried to shut down Storm mentally before and had major problems or weren't able to do it at all, because of her willpower, defensive training with Xavier and electromagnetic powers, especially when Ororo was in a frenzy, what might occur when she feels someone trying to mess with her mind.
You see the line of my thinking?

And yes, i know how powerful Jean is, even without PF-support, but so are Emma, Charles and Rachel.

Believe me, I understand what you're saying. I know that Storm has mad will power when it comes to being telepathically controlled.

But something else I just thought about it. Jean is also a telekinetic. She can simply snap Storm's neck in an instant. Or break her spine. Anything like that. Mind attacks aren't even necessary in this fight when you can completely have your way with your opponent's actions.

Wynndar
I think Storm has been portrayed as a much mentally tougher individual. She always composes herself much better than Jean. W/o the PF Jean is pretty weak IMO. Consider Storm beating Calisto or Marrow without using her powers. Or when Storm was the leader of the X-Men she nearly got her arm burned off by the Human Torch...even though she was badly burned she kept her head through the whole situation. Jean is more like the Damsel in Distress type. I thionk Storm could bring a fight to Jean...resist her telepathy long enough to cause some damage. But just because of the mismatch of powers, Jean would eventually get the win.

Creshosk
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
Unless yall haven't noticed, it takes a huge amount of effort on Jean's part to do hardly anything.
Nothing comes with the click of a finger to her. And to do some of these feats that yall are coming up with would knock Jean out from all the hard concentration she would be doing to try and accomplish some of these things.
While Jean is busy concentrating, Storm is whooping some telepathic tale.

Someone said something about Strom being too busy concentrating. You do realize she is battling Jean here right? Out of these 2 people, one being a telepath, which involves the mind, which involves concentration of the mind, who do you think will be busy concentrating?

Storm wins all the time, anytime, everytime. You don't read the comics so wouldn't know how inaccurate your statements are.

wannabe
Believe me, I understand what you're saying. I know that Storm has mad will power when it comes to being telepathically controlled.

But something else I just thought about it. Jean is also a telekinetic. She can simply snap Storm's neck in an instant. Or break her spine. Anything like that. Mind attacks aren't even necessary in this fight when you can completely have your way with your opponent's actions. I agree with you on that, but my initial post was just a comment to this post of yours:Originally posted by Metalmanx Jean would destroy Storm. In less than a second. Before Storm can even think to contemplate to fathom to even begin brainstorming (no pun intended) to throw a lightning bolt.

There. End of fight.
sooo...

powerfulone1987
Creshosk get off of it.

You don't know what I do and it's getting tiresome to have to read your post saying the same thing in each thread I post in every single time.
Why don't you take some time out and read a comic and get out of my hair for a while okay.

mayo30
Storm would demolish Jean. For one Storm is resistant to Telepathy and with storm control of instant lightning, wind, and can freeze, jean telekinesis isn't a match. Only when Jean is possessed by Phoenix she could win against storm, but storm is potentially Omega and we haven't seen that yet so it a strong possibility Storm can beat even Phoenix.

TGATES
couldn't she just give jean a seizure?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.