What does BKK stand to gain?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

badkittykitty
I have question thats been rolling around in my head for 2 weeks and thought I'd ask all of you what you think...

a couple of years ago I applied for a great job,I didn't get it.I seen the owner of the company on the news several months later for discrimination and him saying "it's my company I can hire who ever I want". I was peeved but forgot about it.

A few weeks ago I got a letter from the company telling me they lost a class action lawsuit over the matter and I was infact one of people who were discriminated against because though I was qualified for the job I didn't get it because I am a woman...any way they went on to say they owed me a job and compensation for the time I wasn't employed with them.

of coarse I told them to pound salt about the job,but they say they still owe me money and should receive a check by the end of April.I didn't clear up how much I was getting...how much do you guys think I should get over something like this,any ideas?

WindDancer
I have a couple of questions bkk, have you ask the advise of a lawyer on this? In other words have you seek legal advice from an attorney? I would say take the money, and slam the door on those jerks! But, I wouldn't trust them if they want you to sign any documents in order to receive the check.

badkittykitty
they only asked me to fill out a paper on whether I wanted a job or not. I made copies of all documents so that if I don't hear from the company by the time they promised compensation then I will seek legal counsel.but like you said I just will take what they give me,but not sign anything in regards to the cash.

Asami
I thought this was a joke... BKK = bad kitty kitty?

DeNiro
Well one i cant belive they wouldnt hire such a attrative intelligent and fun person such as your self BKK. But if it was in april i would guestamate you should recive about 5 to 10,000 bucks just because it is one a lawsuit and also the time you would have put in so deffintly over 5,000

Asami
oops, I miss-read thought thetitle was what does bkk stand for!

silver_tears
Take them for all they got BKK wink

DeNiro
why would Bkk Ask what BKK meant laughing out loud

badkittykitty
Awh D' shucks embarrasment big grin thanks sweetness! I was thinking since it isnt coming till after april they must be waiting on some taxation crap..I applied for a International HR dept job or rather sent my resume and got a interview they were incouraging at the time just to be let down...so I am glad someone exposed them..5,000 would be nice,they are pretty big ( http://www.lincolnelectric.com/) they can afford to send something bkk's way. smile

badkittykitty
laughing out loud I wish!

mechmoggy
I hope its enough cash so you'll be able to hop on plane and visit the mech household. yes

badkittykitty
I would really like to visit mr.&mrs moggy smile I would need money from them for a good trip..right now my bills are like a vampire..sucking the life right out of me sad

one of these days I'm going though

mechmoggy
You're more than welcome. big grin

badkittykitty
love I wish I'd be visiting sooner than later!

when I finally get my check I'll find this and post what I got..watch it be like D' said..5$ bucks..I'll be disappointed

Corran
Hey Mech, you've never invited me to visit, why? Oh wait it's OK I think I know why, BKK is a female and I am not.

yerssot
perhaps if you shave your beard and come in for a make-over ...

Corran
perhaps.

yerssot
I'm sure plenty of people want to tincker with you

silver_tears
make-over eek! can I paint your nails big grin

Corran
Ermmm, I guess.

ash007
ok please DON'T SIGN anything untill you have spoken to a lawyer. Then your lawyer can help you get a good settlement.

Raz
I agree with ash. I would definetly get a lawyer who would make sure you get everything you are entitled to.

badkittykitty
but is it to late? I already sent them a letter stating I didn't seek employment any further with them thats when they returned me a letter claiming I am still entitled to compensation...perhaps I better go seek council before it's to late.

yerssot
and with the money you'll win, you'll host a KMC-night where every member can come and eat big grin

silver_tears
I think that's your best option, as long as you haven't signed anything without a lawyer you shoudl get everything you are entitled to!

badkittykitty
I did at least make copies of everything so there isnt no discrepancies..thanks for all the good advice gang smile

silver_tears
I hope it all works out for you BKK yes
The audacity of them not hiring our prowler chair

badkittykitty
haha yeah I was half temped to take the job 'cause i hate my current one so much but we know how that would have turned out *phew!*

thanks sil smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.