Do girls grow after 16?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

punkyhermy
i've been told that at 16 girl's height stop's growing!i am not tall sssoooo i was wondering if i might hit a growth spurt?i don't because all the people i know,they've had their's when they where like 13!!!
is it true?
did any of u have a growth spurt or know someone who had one?

Myth
Its very common to stop growing at 16 for girls. Hell, I'm a guy and thats about when I stopped growing. Random: About 3 weeks ago I saw this girl at a volleyball tournament that was 6'8"! THATS A HUGE B*TCH!

silver_tears
well thats rude roll eyes (sarcastic)
and dont people grow till 18 or 21 What the f**k?

Fitch
guys until 21 ussually...because we grow later then you gals.Myth...if you stopped growing at 16 it's weird...I almost started at 16 eek!

LanceWindu
Damn...I was 15 when I started my growth spurt.

I went from 5'7 to 6'2 in less than a year.

I'm 19 and at 6'4 now.

Fitch
Kinda the same here...just that I'm only 6'0 6'1 big grin...for now..

cermiestar
i grew loads at 13 and now i'm 15 and growing again!

Phoenix
well I'm 18, and I just had a growth spurt... wink

yerssot
mentally? not everyone one of them

Fire
well it differse from person to person

yerssot
yeah, I noticed a few times

Trinity_Matrix
Most girls stop getting taller around 16 or 17...I had my last real growth spurt when I was 14 (went from 5'2" to 5'6"wink in one year, but I haven't gotten any taller since I was 16, and I just turned 18. So I guess I'm down growing.

PrincessAsh007
I hope so!! I'm 15 and i'm only 5' 3!!

Myth
Growth in my family is a little weird I guess.
My mom is 5'1" and my dad is 5'11".
My older brother grew until he was 19 (6'2"wink
I grew somewhat through age 16 (5'9"wink and I'm pretty sure I'm done because I'm 19 now and no change over the last 3 years. I got jipped, I should be 6'2" as well. sad
My little brother is 16 (17 in June) and he is 5'3". He better hopes he still grows after this year.

BTW: I think its avg to grow until you're 19 but not uncommon to grow until you are 21.

rusky
Hey, how come everybody wants to be tall ?

Phoenix
I don't want to be tall! It's such a pain trying to find trousers for someoe ((me)) who's legs are ((blink I've just measured how long my legs are, you won't beleive this)) 45 INCHES LONG!

Phoenix
I don't want to be tall! It's such a pain trying to find trousers for someoe ((me)) who's legs are ((blink I've just measured how long my legs are, you won't beleive this)) 45 INCHES LONG!

Phoenix
Thats nearly over 3 and a half feet! the rest of me is titchy tho... my upper body +head is only 22 inches, thats not even 2 feet...

Phoenix
so in total, I am 67 inches high! big grin

Fitch
laughing out loud it's very good to have long legs wink

mouth
my height hasnt changed since i was 11 no expression
i'm only 5'0 or 5'1.. i despretly need a growth spurt

Fitch
you don't need to be tall to be beautyful smile

Phoenix
big grin

Phoenix
It's a pain trying to fnd them long enough tho... i can only buy trousers in one shop! sad

Fitch
then wear more skirts smile

yerssot
hehe, a special shop for a special girl?

Storm
I always have to shorten those too long damned trousers sad

yerssot
as fitch said, storm:

Storm
I would freeze at this time of the year.

yerssot
no legwarmers?

Storm
nah

yerssot
why not?

Storm
It' s hard to find some that I like erm

yerssot
than don't like them but still wear them

Storm
roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
just trying to help

rusky
Why not just wear the long trousers...everybody seems to think it's so damned cool roll eyes (sarcastic)

shaber
I had a growthspurt at 13 then another at 15-16.

"Random"-My great grandmother was six foot six inches, considerably taller than her son grew to be! In the old sepia photo you can see on the beach she looks like a giant compared to the other people (people were smaller in those days...) I am only six foot two.

Phoenix
I overtook my mother in height when I was ten...

yerssot
tiny mom or big phoe?

rusky
that'd be big phoe i think.. wink

Phoenix
yups!

Mum's not titchy tho -- she's about 5' 5" which is about average I think...

Fitch
yup.we should call you..."biggy" happy

yerssot
big phoe? but still nice, right?

crazy_c
i think im shrinking confused

silver_tears
I dont think thats possible blink

Trinity_Matrix
Heh...I'm about a half-inch taller than my mom...

LegolasIsMyMan
Exactly, i dont think i ever had a growth spurt, i am 16 and only stand 5'3,and i have been this tall for about 2 years....i hope to grow a lil more,but i love being short, it is kinda cute,and my boyfriend loves it!

badkittykitty
the only kind of growth spurt any 16 year old has had that knew of was the side ways kind.

yerssot
upper or lower? stick out tongue

badkittykitty
like a pear shape stick out tongue

yerssot
as juicy and bite-able too? wink

badkittykitty
well is J Lo's?

yerssot
*shivers*
I don't want to find out :s

silver_tears
thats a lie and you know it stick out tongue
and I think people grow after 16 erm

Pingu
I dunno about anyone else but I haven't grown in height since I was 14 sad

silver_tears
awwwwwww sad I don't measure my height often, so I may have grown, but I was tall to begin with so doesn't bother me if I don't grow tallercool

Corran
Height doesn't matter, everyone is pretty much the same height lying down. wink

silver_tears
not if you have a beer belly no

Corran
I said pretty much the same height give or take a few inches.

silver_tears
laughing out loud then I agree bag
and just interesting info, KMC has 3 bag smilies What the f**k?

punkyhermy
well u know actually (i thibk) that it depends on people.my baest freind is about 5 '10.she was 12 when i first met her,excactly the same heighyt two years later.but some say that those who grew earlier stop growing and those who didn't,grow late?!

Pingu
This isn't to say I'm dead short it's just that I've been 5'9" since I was 14 (Which makes me taller than Tom Cruise... big grin )

silver_tears
Thank you for putting that info in smart
He's a midget as it is, his wife was a foot taller than him blink

Corran
but both the same height lying down...

Pingu
Well I make up for being vertically challenged by having a super huge personality!

silver_tears
thank you for clarifying that again laughing out loud

Gundark
40 would seem to be the end of the growth thing....

Corran
Upwards or outwards?

Pingu
What 10 years till I stop growing outwards??? eek! sad big grin

Gundark
Errrr, both, as long as you keep an eye on the bon bon intake.

Pingu
bon bons no problemo its the beer that keeps catching me out!

Gundark
I usually only have beer if we're having something mexican or hard shell crabs.

I like the Schmirnoff Ice and the Bacardi O3.

Wine too, but not too dry.

And as far as bon bons, I'm not really a big sweet eater. If I'm going to have something chocolate, I want something really good. A good piece of dark chocolate will take of my sweet intake for a month at least.

I give up cheese (which I love) and sweets for Lent and always end up loosing at least 10 pounds. Amazing.

Corran
It's almost blasphemy to give up cheese, in the bible when they talk about manna, it's not actually a bread, it's really a cheese. yes

yerssot
well, up till now I have to agree, but I know some situations where that won't work

SK88728
i'm sure your taller then me, 5'8. I HATE BEING SHORTER THEN EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Element
well you have growth plates in your feet and when they close you do not grow anymore.

Gundark
Have you thought about wearing high heels, SK ?

pixie1
i stopped growing when i was 16
im only 5ft2 and a quorter (the quorter is verry important)
but apparently your ears never stop growing

Gundark
I'm 5' 4" and I have no complaints about that. Better to be short than have 2 heads.

Although Zaphod did manage to attain the presidency...

Corran
Are you saying you are better than me because I have 2 heads???

Gundark
No. But I be a bit more attractive....

Corran
You think? You've never seen me made-up

Gundark
Now THIS sounds interesting....

Corran
Perv.

pixie1
the saying does say two heads are better than one

Corran
talking of which, I've know a couple of girls that must have continued growing after 16 as they had 2 heads.

SK88728
Gundark: i'm a guy, i would never wear high heals. *nasty*

Corran
I think Gundy realised that, hence her question, she likes cross dressers.

silver_tears
what's not to like, they have fashion sense, and soft skin smokin'

Corran
I have soft skin but I am not a cross dresser......yet.

silver_tears
laughing out loud better buy the heals and get out there yes

Gundark
SK - I am sorry, I didn't know you were a guy. No offense intended.

Pingu
I'm like a cross dresser, cos I get angry when I cant find my favourite clothes to wear mad stick out tongue

rusky
laughing out loud Cross-dressing ? Me on heels ? I might as well try walking on a 3inch cable 600ft in the air.. big grin

crazy_c
But its true i am shrinking! i got measured in august and i was 5 foot 9 but then i got measured again and i was 5 foot 5 and a half. So either im shrinking or someone doesn't know how to use a measuring tape http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/confused.gif

burlyman
Only if you water them and give them lots of sunshine.

yerssot
but it's always fun to squash them flat

Kaleanae
Yes, girls grow after 16

Kaleanae
Is not a age 'thing' a person stops growing when all her/his bones have been changed from cartilage to bone and the right size is achieved. I think.. erm

youngmoon
girls stop growing 3 years after their fist period.

i stoped growing when i was 11 i think, i'm like 1m50 now or taller...
guys are lcukier , they don't have periods to stop their growing ..arrgh

Mairuzu
Did u just ask a question and then answer it right away

Colossus-Big C
my doctor told me a girl normally stops growing at 17
a guy stops growing at 21

vahetp
I think growth is there till 18 to 20..

ADarksideJedi
I think at eighteen they stop growing.Because I know when I turn eighteen I stopped growing. wink

lord xyz
I started mine when I was like 12, if you can call it that. Went from 5'0 to 5'8 in about 2 years.

So far I'm about 6'0, and have grown about an inch in the last year or two.

Although, I believe growing ends at 24.

Symmetric Chaos
Now I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that girls don't grow up at all, they are created fully formed from the aether.

WickedDynamite
WD should have a sweet sixteen party.

Man! that would revolutionize the idea! A 34 year old guy celebrating his sixteen birthday with strippers and pizza.

I would rule! raver

The Nuul
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
WD should have a sweet sixteen party.

Man! that would revolutionize the idea! A 34 year old guy celebrating his sixteen birthday with strippers and pizza.

I would rule! raver

Your evil twin would steal the show from you! Haha.

ADarksideJedi
I am only 5'2 wish I was taller!

Mindset
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Now I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure that girls don't grow up at all, they are created fully formed from the aether. lmao

The Nuul
Their boobs also get bigger!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Myth
Its very common to stop growing at 16 for girls. Hell, I'm a guy and thats about when I stopped growing. Random: About 3 weeks ago I saw this girl at a volleyball tournament that was 6'8"! THATS A HUGE B*TCH!

damn that is one huge B!tch. eek! laughing laughing

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I am only 5'2 wish I was taller!

damn your a shrimp. laughing

RonCan66

ADarksideJedi
I stopped growing at eighteen.It did not make much of a difference being that i am only 5'3 wish I was taller.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Mr Parker
damn your a shrimp. laughing

Yea that I am!It does have some adventages! cool

Mr_Sticky_belly
A girls breasts are not fully developed till after she has had her first child.

Bluesteel

siriuswriter
Well, I'm 22, so pretty sure I've stopped growing. When I was in elementary/middle school. My feet and I had the relationship of a puppy Labrador with it's paws. Now,they're a size twelve and sometimes a size thirteen [which is the biggest they make for girls.[ I was supposed to be six feet two, or at least that's what the doctor said when I was... three? But I had chemo when I was thirteen - fifteen, and I stopped growing. A year after finishing it, I started growing again and I'm 5'9'' now. I feel weird dating guys that are shorter than me, it's kind of a "Hey, eyes up here, bud.... but oh wait you can't see that high." Luckily I don't like to wear heels very much.

Catfurry
Do girls grow after 16? In the UK some become as big as houses by 25 and get wide load on the rump!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.