RP General Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
I always considered the possibility of a general discussion thread for the RP area but thought the demand wasn't there. However, Lance's RP discussion thread in the GDF went to 100 posts quickly, so I am opening up an official one here.

Want to discuss game events? Strategy? Taunt your opponents- or even your friends? Talk about possible future developments? Well, this is the place to do it!

We were just talking about future games; I had just mentioned I was working for a game set during the New Jedi Order. The problems with running a game during the Original Trilogy were also discussed.

LanceWindu
Now back to the RP discussion. In the NJO game I think I may just be a part of the Jedi. I know it's unoriginal but they are the funnest part of the games.

Ushgarak
You would start off less powerful than the Jedi you play in these games. Powerful enough to handle yourself, though.

LanceWindu
Because the NJO is still pretty much in it's infancy?

Ushgarak
Exactly. Any sabre-wielding opponents would be equally inexperienced. Mostly...

LanceWindu
Do we have to have created players or could we use characters that are in the NJO?

Ushgarak
I'd have to check the NJO storyline more carefully. I am always nervous about using already existing characters as I might totally bugger up continuity with the offical storyline.

LanceWindu
Well see ya later. We might just finish the duel tomorrow.

Captain REX
This was in the other thread, but I thought I'd put it here.

You said that these current games only go through the Prequel-era. That gives me an idea. How about you have the off-spring or relatives of the Prequel-era games go through the events of the Original-era. With Imperials and all that stuff? Just a suggestion.

What do ya' think? Good idea?

Captain REX
I think I wrote it wrong. I ment send the children or cousins, nephews, whatever, through the events of the Original Trilogy-era.

LanceWindu
But you know they can't be Jedi right?

Captain REX
Oh. They could be in hiding, somewhere uncharted, but finally come out of no-where and reveal themselves to the kin fo the Dark-siders. It would take lots of planning to do.

I'm trying to get Ush to help me with my RPG. He hasn't PMed me about it yet.

yerssot
no children as you know (not if you are a bad guy)
because that's breaking the code

Ushgarak
Actually, Rex, once everyone's finale plot is started I'm putting up the poll about your game.

As I discussed in the other thread, the NJO game IS a semi-sequel to the current game, though you do not necessarily play descendants of your current players. Also, because Jedi players in that game would be less poweeful you can play any sort of character from the NEw Republic that you like, and not worry about being totally outclassed.

You can't be a Jedi in an OT set game; the films are very clear about the Jedi being ALL gone.

An opposed OT game is also tricky. With the vast resoruces of the Empire I have to think of very specific scenarios tro stop the Imperials simpyl wiping everyone out, Hoth style. Unless I rely on the Imperials being extremely stupid, ROTJ style.

An OT game would most likely be good guys only. Much like my planned NJO game.

Captain REX
Okay, never mind those two stupid ideas of mine. When will we begin work on my RPG? I might want to tell them the name just so they know.

yerssot
like he said; after this one a poll

LanceWindu
Just wait to tell us and then keep working on different scenarios that would make it even better.

LanceWindu
I wish Captin REX and Ush were here so we could finish the duel.

Captain REX
I'm here.

Ushgarak
Don't think that an OT game is stupid, Rex, it just requires a lot of work is all.

yerssot
Ush not taking a challenge? he must be sick!

Ushgarak
I'm already doing a lot of RP work!

yerssot
you're neglecting us huh?
Haven't you?
HAVEN'T YOU?
Look at me!

(Homer Simpson)

LanceWindu
You weirdo.

yerssot
Hey! The man said he was busy! That doesn't make him a weirdo!

LanceWindu
I wasn't talking about Ush. stick out tongue

Captain REX
Yeah, don't call me a weirdo! laughing out loud

Well, the current planet my RPG takes place on is Tutalo and may change. Plus, they might go somewhere else. It's so far a Jedi vs. Sith in the Prequel era, and I'm hoping for a Dark- and light-side thread.

LanceWindu
Where is yours located at?

Captain REX
Me and Ush are planning on working on it, but so far he hasn't said anything.

LanceWindu
So it isn't located in any forums or boards yet.

Captain REX
Nope. I have to PM him about working on it. He's already contacted Gundark and Gundy says it's fine.

LanceWindu
So it will be located in this forum, but a totally different game?

Captain REX
Yes. I like that Dark- and Light-side stuff, so I'm hoping that will be on my RPG.

LanceWindu
Are you going to be put as a mod for this one forum? It would be easier for you to change things then.

Captain REX
I'll ask Ush about that. He could do it if I can't get the spot. How do you become a mod anyway?

yerssot
by not asking

btw: I hope it's one game at a time or I get confused... even more

Captain REX
Ush says it'll be after this game is done.

Ushgarak
But modding is nothing to do with me, and ytou can forget about expanding the RP area into seperate threads for now.

Details and a poll about Rex's game coming soon.

Captain REX
What details? All we have is: Jedi, Dark Jedi, Tutalo, W-Wing, Landing Platform. What, will you post the opening that I typed up? And what will be on the polls? PM me if you don't want them to know.

Ushgarak
I'll post the intro you gave me. The poll will ask people what they think is the best way to proceed in the RP area.

Gundark
Yes a poll is one of the best ways to get everybody's opinion in short order.

Captain REX
Ush, I'll give you a better intro. I had to cut the old one in half because I deleted the post.

yerssot
deleting ... such an activity here smile
This thread should have been here already a long time ago... (preferable in the same galaxy)

Captain REX
I ment PM, not post. I'll have to think of an intro when we start working on it. Ush, tell me when you want the intro.

yerssot
*whispers*
he's not here right now

Captain REX
Oh, you think so? I was getting suspicious. Duh he's not here! I'm just posting that so he can read it later.

yerssot
IMPORTANT:

Mah is away for four days...
ok, that's not important wink
BUT
he will join the second story and he is really eager to join (otherwhise you wouldn't read the whole story up to now)

So, if Lance, or someone else that is needed to get the game back read this... take it easy, as the game is almost done, we don't want to get loose mah already, huh?

Ushgarak
Ok. There will be time enough for new players to join the new story.

I must contact Ki-Adi Gallia, see where she has gotten to.

yerssot
are there anymore confirmations on new players? or even old ones?

Ushgarak
Firemaster wants to return as a bad guy this time. Haven't heard any more from him since he said; I'll contact him once the current game is over as well.

Teck-Ice hasn't gotten back to me since originally showing interest.

SP10 has been taking a look at things as well.

But can we EVER persaude Raz to play, that's the thing!

Captain REX
You mean Mr. Freakin'? Why, is he a good RPGist or something?

Those people that want to join near the end of this game will most likely get a much bigger role in the next game.

Ushgarak
Actually, they can't join until the next game starts, which isn't long (assuming Lance, queeq and Gundy return soon).

Easy to put more Jedi in; harder for the Dark Side to get back up.

And Raz owns this place! If we can get him ensnared here then we can get anything we like!

Captain REX
Oh. I've learned something else in the 5 months that I've been here.

LanceWindu
What would that be?

yerssot
like, not insult the big giant head!

And Ush, sorry, I tried but he just ignored that part of the PM sad

Ushgarak
Oh. he always does! If it was THAT easy he would have been playing months ago!

yerssot
we could always kidnap him...

*begins making a plan to kidnap Raz*
*throws plan away*
*begins making a plan called "How to survive in the RP"*

Captain REX
Nah, he would just "Freak" on us.

LanceWindu
How did this whole "Freak" thing start?

yerssot
it's from Futurama, his fav show (that's cancelled=>he's freaking now)

LanceWindu
Oh, ok I think I understand now. He is a freak isn'the.

j/k Raz.

Captain REX
Yes. Just a question: what does j/k mean?

LanceWindu
Just Kidding.

yerssot
or Joke, wich is basicly the same thing

LanceWindu
It would be the same thing written as JK.

Captain REX
That's what I thought.

I think our stories are coming to an end soon.

Ushgarak
Hmm, queeq has tried to land a ship on Avalar again... I don;t think I could have made it any clearer that unadapted ships CANNOT make the journey down to Avalar.

yerssot
perhaps yelling?

Ushgarak
I don;t want to upset anyone...

yerssot
too late...

Ushgarak
Sorry?

queeq
I'm upset!!!!

laughing out loud

j/k

yerssot
You see Ush!

Now, you're going to suffer! laughing out loud

What's the approx. date the new story will start?

Captain REX
Uh oh! Now Queeq will use his Dark-Side powers to kill everyone in this thread! NO!!!

Ushgarak
The only major thing left to resolve is th current stand-off between Gundy and queeq. Then there is a brisk escape and epiloge posts for both sides.

I'm posting that poll and Rex's game pitch tonight.

yerssot
be sure to put some info in it...

So you say Lance and I can get a cup of coffee together?

Ushgarak
Not that I recall.

Captain REX
I'll PM you with the opening in a few minutes then.

yerssot
you're right! I don't like coffee anyway!

Lance, want to leave those two alone and grab a beer? I know FM's ship is LOADED with it! (I'm talking about experience here people!)

LanceWindu
I could go for a beer.

So, Ush. What am I supposed to be doing in the stand off? Should it be a two on one Jedi vs. Dark Sider?

Ushgarak
Well, much depends on yerssot. But I haven't got a clue what will happen!

A fight is certainly an option though I doubt I will bother creating a new duelling thread for it.

Captain REX
Well, start the fight soon so that it'll end within this week or a few days later.

yerssot
I think queeq is searching for the nearest closet wink

queeq
I.... might be. wink

LanceWindu
Why would he be doing that?

yerssot
guess roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
He will learn... when he's calm... at peace... big grin

Ushgarak
*I* don;t decide whether to start a fight, do I? But there would be no point starting a duelling thread for it as I'd have to cut it short after about two moves and I don't want to explain the rules for four-way fights just for that. You can fight in-thread; no-one will kill anyone before the game ends. Unless yerss attacks someone.

LanceWindu
Ahh, so yerss is the dangerous one?

Ushgarak
No. Yerss has no sabre. If he attacks someone he will die if that person wishes it.

LanceWindu
Oh, so if I decided to I could kill him if he attacks me. I wouldn't do that though.

Ushgarak
I'm sure you wouldn't. I'm sure he wouldn't attack you, either.

BTW, I hope you weren't sentimental about your old sabre.

LanceWindu
Yes & No

YES-Cause I made it especially for me and engraved it with my name.

NO-Cause I trusted it to yerss and since he lost to the Dark Jedi, it isn't entirly his fault.

Ushgarak
Ok.

You wouldn't be upset if he had ruined it himself then...

LanceWindu
Did he??? Well he was under the influence of the dark-side.

Ushgarak
Yeah, that's what it was...

I think it is important for the Light Side to appreciate that yerssot has not been subjected to any ofrm of mind control or undue outside influence- thought he Dark Siders did rather simply threaten to kill him if he did not co-operate.

But you CANNOT be forced into turning. Yerssot took that step before he was captured.

Captain REX
It was so cool! Yerssot ripped off all of the designs and your signature off of it. Hahahahaha! Hahahahahahaha!

LanceWindu
That jerk!

Oh it's only a game

Captain REX
Yeah, whatever.

I've asked Dim to make me a lightsaber sig. I asked her to either make me a yellow bladed lightsaber or two lightsabers like Gald's in the game.

Gundark
I've given up on yerssot....sorry old boy, you're going to have to save yourself.

yerssot
that's ... nice... sad

Perhaps if you two came out faster, you could have fought Quam...

Captain REX
Well, then Queeq would die. And...well...he would die. big grin

yerssot
I'm not going to be online tomorrow, normally, so I'm not sure what will happen with my char

Gundark
Sounds like you're at our mercy. evil face

LanceWindu
evil face evil face evil face

I'll make you my b**** and you won't even know about it.

queeq
If he lives.

Are you two ready to rumble? evil face

yerssot
do they have to ware latex?

LanceWindu
When did you re-do your siggy yerss?

Ushgarak
Sorry I was away for the last two days, guys., but in return I have posted a TON of stuff dealing with the end of the second game- which you may or may not read at your leisure.

Sorry also that I had to rush the ending, but things really had to move on.

yerssot
brain-overrun! Too much info!

Say, Ush, now the story is closed, can people look in the other thread?

yerssot
another thing,
the name is Krisha? I always thought it was Krishna embarrasment

mah
krishna is a god isn't he, in the buddhism or so.

yerssot
yes, that's why I switched it all...

(and my other online name is Lord Durga, also a god)

Ushgarak
People always COULD look at the other thread, Rex.

yerssot
errrr.... Ush... you answered MY question... I'm yerssot, remember... tall, confusing...?

Ushgarak
D'oh! Sorry, I'm tired.

yerssot
it's ok... for once wink

Captain REX
But I was kinda a snoop none the less. I only looked at past events (we were in the Monastary but I looked back to when the Jedi arrived in the Light-side thread). Plus, I didn't use it to my advantage.

yerssot
you admit huh? wink

LanceWindu
When is then new game gonna start? I'm anxious to start off again.

Ushgarak
HAppy?

LanceWindu
Yay! I promise to do much better in this game.

Ushgarak
You did fine last time!

LanceWindu
Yes but I left early on then had to come in later and we had to add me back to the story.

Ushgarak
Well, it all workrd out fine. Having you back made the story feel more continuous, in the end.

LanceWindu
Really? How?

Ushgarak
Well, even Gundy started late. You were the only guy who both started and finished the game. Well, Phinney did as well but he's been too busy lately to really count.

LanceWindu
Cool, I started and ended the game!

Captain REX
I've only ended a game.

So, Rura Ta (my Kaminoan Dark Jedi with us in Avalar and Revenge) is going to stay with us right? I would like to expand that character some more. I said that he proved to have the skills more of a Fallen than a Corsair.

Ushgarak
I'm thinking about that. My main worry is that people will think you are controlling two characters.

Certainly he is not as powerful as you guys, so be careful who he meets.

Captain REX
Obviously. I'll have him help out a little. For now he's just walking with us and helping me guard Yerssot.

yerssot
ow, so I'm that important I need three people? Cool!

Gundark
I read the dark side thread all the time. Had to keep tabs on the queeq you know. wink

Ushgarak
Hey Gundy- hope you're not going to keep poor lance doing all the work on his own!

yerssot
what's wrong with mah?

Ushgarak
He's not with Gundy.

LanceWindu
He's supposed to be with KAG. Wherever she is.

Gundy please help, I'm not a master and the council is supposed to talk to you.

yerssot
just a few minutes playing the RP and already in problems smile

Captain REX
I got KAG to join my game. She's Darksider. I'll see you all at 3:00.

yerssot
you need to wake me up at that time though

LanceWindu
What's going on at 3:00? And what timezone are you going by?

yerssot
nothing and I am on WET

LanceWindu
I'm on CST and it's 3:00 here.

yerssot
so what are we waiting for? let's party!

Captain REX
I get out of school and come home by 3:00.

I think I ended the bickering. Man, Yerss, I never knew your character was annoying!

yerssot
my char isn't annoying, I'm annoy you all... to see how you handle your feelings...

you failed btw

Captain REX
NO!!!

I hate those Jedi testing things. I never know when they start and when they stop.

yerssot
that's how it's supposed to work

Ushgarak
Pfft. If that is a Jedi test it is a pathetic one. Wind up the Dark Siders and they will just kill you, yerss, and who is looking dumb then?

yerssot
not me, I will be the dead one
and Ush! You ruined it now! you evil boy!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>