The Sub-Forums...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
Hello all,

I just wanted to ask about the three "sub-forums". Why are these "sub-forums" and not proper ones? All of them get daily posts, and having them as sub-forums makes navigation to them difficult. Also, if you press "Go" on the pop-down menu after posting a message it does not take you back to the main forum page - there is an error here...

Finally, with regards to the Terminator Forum - if possible can the description of it be changed pleased? "Discuss the upcoming "T-3: Rise Of The Machines"" - perhaps a tad out of date?

Finally, why do none of these have moderators? If it is because of a lack of people, I have already sent raz an application to be mod of the Terminator forum...

yerssot
well, they are sub-forums cause they fit perfectly well with the section they are in, just that certain threads get a lot of responce and that those threads have something in common
like, the General Fiction Area, you can write the story yourself OR you write with others, so those get a subforum

Ahnold
Wait a sec... but why give, I dunno, Batman its own proper forum and not Supes? And why not the Terminator forum? Come on - if Pirates Of The Caribbean can have its own forum with just 1 film, this franchise certainly should! After all, the third film came out about the same time as "POTC" and there's a fourth on the way! So what gives?

And can the intro for the "Terminator" forum please be updated?

Btw, my offer to be mod of the "Terminator" forum still stands...

Fire
well it is mostly decided based on how popular the topic is, POTC is far more popular than Terminator around here, maybe batman is too

yerssot
I guess Fire is right, but if you have questions about that, you can contact Raz through PM

ahnold, so what you want to be mod? I take that raz already has a whole LIST of who wants to be a mod!
djee, as a matter of fact, I'll offer to make myself second admin roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ahnold
I have already sent Raz a PM application for mod of the "Terminator" forum.

As you might have guessed from my profile name, Arnold Schwarzenneger and the "Terminator" franchise in particular have always fascinated me, and I have followed them with great interest over many years. I feel that, as mod of the "Terminator forum", I would have a useful contribution to make in helping to keep that particular forum relevant, peaceful, and enjoyable for all.

I realise that I have only been a member since September {if you remember, noola, my 1st profile, was registered then} but I feel that with the exception of the sock incident {for which I have apologised for, on account of ignorancy} I have been a worthwhile contributer to the kmc with a decent post count, and no reprimands of any type of flaming or other such behaviour.

Furthermore, I am also the moderator of my own, recently created forum, called "The Teenage Couch Potato Forum" - I'd give you the URL but that wouldn't be allowed! As you will know, being the head mod is a lot of work, but one which I feel I have shown that I'm up to.

Raz said he'll bear me in mind - hope its a positive decision!

yerssot
again, there are plenty of people who want to be mod, so don't get your hopes up at all

sorry, imho, if you go asking about it, you're not worthy of getting it

Ahnold
Excuse me, I'm sorry but I don't agree. I feel that people have to work and put in effort to achieve things in life. I have done nothing wrong in putting my hat in for mod of the "Terminator" forum, and I feel this moves shows dedication, commitment, and hard work. I believe that, if anything, a person who works to achieve his goals is more worthy than those that reach them by chance.

yerssot
what I mean is that imho, raz has to pick someone without that someone asking to be mod

Ahnold
Raz is free to pick whomever he deems is suited to the position; so what if I propose myself as being the right man for the job? That doesn't make me any less worthy of the title...

yerssot
never said that, I said that in MY opinion people shouldn't beg for a job, he will do what and when he sees fit

Ahnold
Of course I respect your opinions, and those of Raz; but I do not consider a simple application to be "begging" - I am merely bringing myself and some of my potential mod talents to his attention. That's all. He can choose whomever he wants; I am giving him another option...

Raz
Back on topic. The reason the Terminator forum is in the sub-forums is because, like the other forums there, they don't have a future.

POTC has it's own forum because it's very popular and Disney are making two more movies. Batman is also in production so it will become more popular near it's release.

There isn't going to be another Terminator movie, so it doesn't have a future.

Ahnold
Erm, meister, I'm sorry but I don't think that you're right about that. Firstly, it has already been recently confirmed by some of the people involved in T3 that the next one IS in development now, and that the script will be ready in about 8 months. Stahl and Danes are already signed on to it, and even Arnie might pop in for it.

Secondly, there has been loads of talk recently about a new supes film - haven't you seen all the rumours about Beyonce as Lois Lane {that have been confirmed by the singer herself}? McG and the studio are very much on board with it, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Superman V before too long. Besides, Smallville is on the air now, and that's firmly rooted in the world of Superman!

Finally, the "Hulk" franchise is still undecided - it may go either way. So you can't possibly say that none of these franchises have any futures! Consider - do Episode 1 and 2 have a future? The films and DVD's are already out - so why keep that forum? Because the films are popular, that's why. And I think you'll find that the "Terminator" forum in particular is perhaps more popular than you might believe...

yerssot
yeah, think I heard something of even going up till T5?

not sure about the rest

Raz
Do you have any links backing up the T4 production?

Ahnold
For the "Terminator" article see http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/676.htm

yerssot
always up for a scoop huh raz stick out tongue

Ahnold
For the Supes story see http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16953

Ahnold
The Terminator article is about 5 days old though...

WindDancer
Is not official, but here is another:

http://movies.go.com/movies/T/terminator4_2005/

Is all nothing but TBA for now erm

Ahnold
Oh, and see http://www.superherohype.com/hulk/index.php?id=731 for an article about a new hulk film. That's almost a month old though...

Ahnold
SO - does this info lend my proposition any credibility? Come on mods! Save the sub-forums! Erm, particularly the "Terminator" one if possible! It's future is more tangible than the others!

Raz
When IMDb create a movie for Terminator 4 or Hulk 2, I'll bring the forums to the main area. Until now, it's just speculation.

Ahnold
Fair enough. Sigh...

Ahnold
Raz - just had a thought. How is the "Terminator" franchise different from the "X-Men" franchise? Both have sequels on the way but the people involved and the release date are speculative for both... so why is one a forum and the other a sub-forum?

stinkfist462
cause X men have much more going for it ... all the comics and cartoons and all that crap ... and the guarantee of a X3 ...

Ahnold
I suppose so...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.