The one film moment that makes the trilogy for you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drac39
Any moment that you think would repersent the trilogy best. Mine would have to be Gandalf,and Eomer charagin at Helm's Deep,or The Breaking of the Fellowship

Camellia
When Sam talks about wanting to marry Rosie Cotton ("Rosie Cotton dancin'..."wink and he begins to cry. The way that Frodo leans away and holds him whilst he cries is just beautiful.

All this time, Sam has been the carer and comforter - and now Frodo returns the gesture, letting Sam know that he is there for his friend, "here at the end of all things".

Beautiful and heart breaking.

pip-foot
EVery single moment in the movies.!!!!!!!! But i'd have to say the ending(s) of ROTK. it was soo touching. sam and frodo after mount doom, then everyone seeing frodo again, then the coronation, grey havens, adn sam gettin married! I loved it all smile

Drac39
Some great moments there

sauron
troll: rargh
frodo: hmm i have the ring..im most important person...time to get killed *hey troll look at me big grin*

troll: ooh little *stab*

*everyone goes crazy..and kill the poor innocent troll*

anaritearbina
Aragorn charging at the black gate. And his whole little speech before that. That is my fav. But I also like the conversation between stinker and slinker in the second movie, really funny.

raven guardia
lol.... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Kitoky
no But I liked George, He was cool....everyone didn't have to go all crazy on poor ol' George....he was so sad lookin' when he died...sad

What did it for me was just seein' the Nazguls, w00t w00t!

Smodden
fav moments:

FOTR:When arwen comes to talk to aragorn in rivendell, and she's wearin' that blue-gray dress tiera thingy.

TTT: When Arwen comes to aragorn in a dream and then disapears like a ghost or something...

ROTK: when Arwen's talkin to her dady in rivendell and she's riding a horse....

ok seriously i liked :"i can't carry it for you, but i can carry YOU!!!!!" *cue into the west music*

raven guardia
did frodo really die?????......

I didn't see the thrid movie yet so I dont know.

but somebody please tell if frodo dies.

Kitoky
Frodo doesn't die....I don't know where you got that from, but no he didn't die.

raven guardia
well this one guy at school was telling me and my friend that frodo dies a very painfull death.

that loser lied to me!

QuickbeamBower
Frodo completely doesn't die.

Anyway, the best moment? "There may come a day when the courage of men fails, when we forsake all bonds of friendship, etc - but it is NOT THIS DAY!!"

That, and when Elrond brings the sword to Aragorn at the encampment. It so dramatic and "omg...he's going to FULFILL HIS DESTINY!!!" I know that's not like that books, but honestly, I really loved that part.

And also when they charge the Black Gate of Mordor and Merry and Pippin run out of the crowd towards the gates (If I remember, following Aragorn) screaming "FOR FRODO!!"

:-D

Yes, all the best parts need CAPS LOCK!

orlandoOYEA
When they all bow to the hobbits at Aragorns crowning. And he says "You bow to no one"

i love it

shadowy_blue
In FOTR, I've already mentioned this in several threads but when the Fellowship strode up in that hill for the first time. big grin Accompanied by the very awesome music, the Fellowship theme. big grin

In TTT, seeing Miranda Otto as Eowyn for the first time. Eowyn is my top favorite LOTR character next to Boromir (so you should understand how glad I was of Sean's portrayal as him) and before TTT came out, I was so scared on how they would portray Eowyn. I thought they're gonna mess up her character. I've already seen some promotional pics of Miranda as Eowyn and I was so ecstatic because she's the exact Eowyn that I've always pictured in my mind in terms of looks, but still, I wanna see her act. And finally, when I saw the movie and I saw her for the first time rushing up the stairs in Meduseld to see the wounded Theodred, all my hair just stood up. She's perfect! big grin

In ROTK, the whole Mt. Doom sequence alternating with the Final Battle at the Morannon and all the events that followed. Reuniting of the Fellowship, coronation scene, going back home, Sam's wedding, Frodo's monologue, the Grey Havens, and last but not the least, the final scene with Sam. I was so pleased that they included the Well, I'm back." I wouldn't have ended the movie any other way. big grin

Drac39
I forgot about the fellowship on the hill! Great moment

darbanana
the best moment in the WHOLE trilogy was the last one... with Sam and Frodo... let me call it embracing... and crying and it was very touching and really showed how close the whole fellowship (esp the Hobbits) had gotten either that one or the King of the Dead scene with Legolas shooting an arrow through one of them and then Aragorn's sword working against them... and I'm sure there's more... Sam and Frodo at the end on the rock with all of the molten rock flowing around them, that was very sweet as well...

the "well, I'm back" is how the books end as well, I was SO happy that they kept with that

ATM4eternity
When the rohirrim starts charging on the pelennor and at the grey havens when gandal smiles and says "so it is that our fellowship ends here on the sea" or something like that and its emotional

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.