John Grisham

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SAtown_punk
John Grisham is my second favorite author, after J.K. Rowling, of course. He got me into law, and when I read The Firm and The Partner , it made me want to go to law school. What do you guys think of him? Like him? Hate him? Indifferent? Tell me your thoughts.

badkittykitty
I know my mom loved the firm.

HockeyHorror
i haven't read any of his books but i voted for A Time To Kill cuz its only title on list that doesn't start with The

PrefectRonnykin
great author i loved the pelican brief

BingaBonga
Hey! You forgot The Rainmaker, I'm reading that one now wink

SAtown_punk
The Rainmaker is the only book of his that I haven't read. I don't want to read it because I saw the movie and I hated the storyline. I may just read it, though, if only to sayt that I've read all his books. I also have to read The Last Juror, his new one that came out like 2 weeks ago.

I read The Pelican Brief last month, and The King of Torts before that, but my favorite is still The Firm, followed by The Partner(though I despised the ending....which tends to happen in most of his books. Oh well, he's still a great author.)

SAtown_punk
I know I can't be the only one who reads Grisham...

SAtown_punk
hello?

badkittykitty
I don't know why..because there seem to be lots of people who bring him up in the thread http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19075&highlight=John+Grisham

SAtown_punk
thanks.

Bloom4ever
my mom has all his bks, but i've already read a few of them
i was glad when they made runnaway jury into a movie

SAtown_punk
It was only an OK movie, though. Too much was different, but the casing was alright.

Fire
The Firm
The Pelican Brief

Those two are the best movies and books

SAtown_punk
The Firm is a very good book.

BingaBonga
Really, so the movie isn't that great? Oh well, I'll watch it anyway... I finally finished it today. It was okay... didn't Grisham just come out with another one?

SAtown_punk
Yes, "The Last Juror." I have t on hold at the public library. Everybody wants to read that damn thing. He had one come out late last year also, called "The King Of Torts." That one starts out great, but loses steam towards the end, just like most of his books. I just finished "A Time To Kill," his first novel, and it may very well be the best he's ever written.

BingaBonga
I was just at a bookstore today, and there's a new book coming soon called Benchs... I guess it's not out in stores yet.

SAtown_punk
Benches? I know he has one out called Bleachers...

BingaBonga
Yeah, that's what I meant. embarrasment

SAtown_punk
That's been out for a while. I don't really care to read it because it has nothing to do with law. That's why I won't read "The Painted House."

BOPRecruit 16
started reading the first two chapters of 'the runaway jury' during my break at work. pretty good so far. easy and fast read. nice book to have around over this 10 day break. loved the movie. well done. gotta get it on dvd!

Lord Shadow Z
I've read all of his legal thrillers and I'm coming close to owning them all. He is an amazing writer. The movie adaptations of his books are okay but the books tells the stories much better. My favourite book of his would have to be 'The Chamber' (which was the first one of his I read)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.