The movies are over. What do I do now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
LOL..just to clarify this...The question is not exactly referring to myself...this question is for you guys...big grin I just made the thread title like that to be more interesting..LOL stick out tongue

But for the real deal, what do *you* guys think are you gonna do now that the trilogy is over?

Do you think you're gonna:

Wait for a few months until the hype subsided and go back to "normal" life and deny to your so-called "cool" friends that you were ever a fan of LOTR?

Find a job?

Make your studies as your no. 1 priority?

Stop going to different LOTR sites to know some updated news about the movie?

Stop visiting to your different fansites dedicated to your different character to know more about them and save some pics?

Be obsessed with another type of movie or books and entirely abandon LOTR?

Marry and spend most of your time to your family til you completely forget about LOTR

Or what about leave this forum?! *gasp*

etc. sad

Then again, there's also this option: You will remain obsessed and loyal to LOTR til the end of your days..LOL..(I know 98% of you will pick this option but c'mon guys, be honest..those options above are very possible anyway...I know lots of people who ended up like those) sad

Again guys, this is just all about what "you think", we wouldn't really know what's gonna happen, but I just wish to know what your insights are about LOTR and your future with it. cool

big grin

Iirima

Bloom4ever
I'm gonna stay on KMC till death do me part smile

Iirima
YAY! We can be old ladies chatting on the Internet over tea, Tassie!

anaritearbina
read the books over and over and over.
he really should make the Hobbit. I heard he was going to but that he was going to do some strange movie first.

angelsflame265
i don't think i could ever be over lord of the rings

Bloom4ever
err..... confused

you'll still be my stalker then, ying? stick out tongue

Iirima
YUPS!. stick out tongue

Lord Soth
Cross our fingers for the results of multiple awards shows

Drac39
Read the books all you so called fans

darbanana
me? I'm going to read the books AGAIN and again and again... but I already do that... me? I'm going to try and learn more Elvish, spend my life making LOTR backgrounds for my computer desktop, and generally drive my friends crazy with my LOTR comments.... or at least in theory that's what's going to happen, I may forget LOTR ever existed and become a (place any book or movie title here) fan

toxickitty767
i'm prolly gonna curl up into a little ball in a dark dark corner and die! naw, just playing...or was i??? BUM BUM BUM! *dramatic music* no, i am going to keep living this fantasy and share my love of it with numerous people until the day i die! and then, in the afterlife i will still talk about it! so in other words....i will not forget this for many many years to come.

Drac39
I mean those fans who havent read the books,and see the movies and call themselves fans

darbanana
I wasn't meaning that you were referring to me, I often use "me?" when I start writing things like that, strange habit, I probably should stop, but yes, I agree the people who have seen the movies and are "fans" and haven't read the books yet drive me CRAZY

shadowy_blue
Well, they are the movie fans. wink

And in all fairness, those people who haven't read the books also admit that fact in this forum and they were really expressing their great desire to do so. Some just doesn't have time, or some have their own reason, but they are really trying, some of them have bought the books already and even though they are finding it hard to grasp from the beginning, at least they are doing their best. wink

Your comment "Read the books all you so called fans" is kinda harsh, IMO. Especially for those people who were giving their full effort to do so.

For them not having read the books yet doesn't make them "not fans", maybe not as "extreme fans" as those who have read the books and who are almost experts on it, but they still are "fans" from whatever angle you look at. Just being in this forum regularly and asking questions about LOTR and other confusing things about Middle-earth shows their interest and curiousity on the world Tolkien created, and that, in my opinion, is enough to call yourself a fan of the movie or Middle-earth itself, except if you are one of the drooling fangirls who are just watching the movies because of the hot actors, IMO. wink

But just to make this clear, I still strongly suggest for all others to read the books, it's the best thing to do, IMO. My post was just sticking up for those who haven't read it yet but trying their best to do so as opposed to Drac39's post about being so-called fan just because of not having read the books yet. big grin

Phoenix
I'm waiting for the EE and Special Features... shifty

Exa
Read... i will read read read... and stay in the forum big grin

And im waiting for the ee .D

Phoenix
I just started re-reading the trilogy this morning... big grin

pip-foot
REad the books and watch the movies again and agina and agian. Listen to my soundtracks. Bye all the fancy books about LOTR and stay Obssesed forever! And i would never leave KMC. I luv you guys too much :0

darbanana
OK, I've got the whole read books/not read them... the people who only care about the movies are just movie fans, the people who TRY to read the books are fans, but you can be a fan without reading them I guess, the people who've read them once obviously need to read them more, and those who read them over and over are totally obsessed... unless they're strange like me and STILL haven't managed to find time to sit down and watch the FotR, OK, now you can all become angry and me and tell me that I need to...

pip-foot
I am one of those Obssesd people you mentioned!!!!!!! YAY go LOTR

cgtuna21
lord of the rings will never be over... never.... so dont say that... i am as obsessed as pip-foot is and lotr is never over and im also lookin forward to the hobbit if they come out with it

pip-foot
Yes. LOTR WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

I will be a crazy obbssesed fan forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix
The movies are nearly always in my video/dvd player... I watch them while I straighten my hair in the mornings... big grin

KayeLa
after i watched all the movies, i started to read the book. oh i just love it! i'm nearly done now. i'm thinking of reading more books written by tolkien.

WindDancer
Movies are over now is time to re-read the books. I'm already reading the Hobbit for the second time in my life. big grin

PippinTook
I shall re-read the books and start the Silmarillion (I know, I know, I haven't read it yet...I haven't had a lot of time sad ) and watch the movies over and over and over and over again. And once PJ makes the Hobbit (which he's making after he does King Kong...I don't really think he should make that though. He should just get straight to the Hobbit!), I'll go see that thousands of times in theaters and then get the DVD once it comes out and watch that over and over and over and over again. big grin I will spend my entire life obsessing over LOTR and staying on this forum! I would NEVER leave you guys! That'd take a part out of me!!! AHHH!!! And, of course, I'll talk about LOTR every day at school, annoying all my non-obsessed friends stick out tongue Fun! K I gotta go eat. Be back later! Buh bye all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.