Do you see Hugo as Elrond Or Agent Smith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
I mean when i see Hugo i will actually see him more as Elrond then Agent Smith

What about you guys?

Kitoky
Elrond in nothing but leggings wink

And there is already a thread made for Elrond, you can ask these questions there.

Exa
Smith in a pink dress, that exactly how I see him

Korri
I say Smiddy but i would think that embarrasment

sauron
i say smith...as if you see hugo...you see him in suits at awards ceremonys..and your like holy shit..and automatically look for neo

Korri
yes i do that too embarrasment

sauron
good so its not just me big grinbig grin

Exa
Lol yey I also do so... and I always look for other agents around

Korri
well....i am a bit obsessed embarrasment

jorgeiscool
a bit of both... when I saw matrix revo in theaters, in the end when all of them are agents, I saw aq whole bunch of elronds. BUt when I see lotr i see agent smith.

conway
haha im so dumb..i saw the title of this thread and thought..what the hell...so i went to yahoo and typed in elrond..and then jusdt realised its the same guy who plays Smith! haha im so stupid dunno how i didnt notice that

Korri
Smidday!

aniron
Elrond, I didn't know he was smith till I realized where I had seen him before ha ha ha, hey is hugo an ozzy?

ash007
indeed Hugo is form Aussie land

Discos
erm, when you see Hugo evidently you should think of Smith simply due to the short hair?

Elrond has nice long elvish hair but agent smith has much shorter hair which he has in real live

aniron
I havent seen "the matrix" in a looooooooooong time, so I see lotr more often.

Discos
ah another good reason to chose Elrond, I am by far more into LOTR than the matrix, I went to see Reloaded once when it was in the cinema and havent seen it since, went to see revolutions first day in the cinema and decided never to go back!

Bar-en-Danwedh
both characters are very different to everything else he has done (esp. pricila queen of the desert). but in the two towers when he's watching arwen leave he has got a very smith look on his face!!!

shadowy_blue
I only saw the first Matrix on DVD on the year 2002 so when I saw FOTR in 2001 and saw him in the prologue, I never saw him as Agent Smith. stick out tongue But since I saw The Matrix and Reloaded, I could of course recognize him as the guy who played Agent Smith, but I try not to mingle the two characters to have a better absorption of the character of Elrond. big grin A lot of people in the theater seem to see Elrond as Smith too. Whenever Elrond speaks, people will add "Mr. Anderson", at first it was funny but it was getting annoying too.

Smodden
i'm in the same boat as u s-b....i didn't see matrix till after FOTR...so it wasn't that big a deal..

Discos
lol that exactly happened at one showing of ROTK, "mr anderson"

Discos - you think the film was actually called "mr anderson" god damn it~!

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah I didn't see The Matrix until after FOTR either - or even after TTT. If someone says Hugo Weaving I immediately think of Elrond and LOTR and I usually see him in the part where he's watching Arwen go on TTT - I don't know why lol. smile

Lord Soth
I think he's better as Agent Smith. He just plays that part perfectly, whereas he makes elrond look a little angry, when he's really not

mors823
Smith has more depth than Elrond. He is a guy can can really hate. Elrond is just Elrond. Nothing special about him.

shadowy_blue
He's not the exact Elrond that I was picturing before the movie came out too. Elrond for me in "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" is kinda warmer and light-hearted than the movie Elrond. The movie-Elrond seems too cold for me. But since he plays the part already, he begun to grow on me as time went by. smile

azszhz
i don't think it would be so bad if it werent for his eyebrows though
you look at his eyes and stuff and his look screams Agent Smith

HannaBananabal
Hugo is so talented, he can play anything and make it look cool. I can't separate him from Elrond to Smith, he's too good... I just admire him as everything he plays.

Whenever I see Smith or Elrond, I see Hugo.

Lord Soth
Well, that's kinda bad.....A really good actor is someone who can blend into their roles, and Hugo can certainly do that... I find it hard to compare Elrond and Smith, the speech pattern is totally different, the hair, expression, clohes, environment, etc,....They're the same and yet vastly different

Kitoky
I see him more as Elrond because I didn't really like Agent Smith that much so and well the matrix movies went like....down hill...

ash007
indeed i agree i see him more as Lord Elrond then Smith

Lord Soth
Just because you may like one character better than the other and regardless how the movies went shouldn't affect your descision on which he is more familiar as.

kalantiaw
agent simth all the way. i felt that he didn't get enough screen time to be recognized as lord elrond in my book. yes his character was significant and he portrayed him perfectly, but he needed more face time. smith was on most of the time. so when you say hugo weaving, i say agent smith...

Kitoky
The matrix movies going downhill has nothing to do with my decision. I was merely stating my opinion on the Matrix.

I still honestly see him as Elrond, then any...

dileno
He's definitely more cool as Agent Smith.. I see him as both! wink

Bar-en-Danwedh
this is a really wierd conversation for me, to be honest, because was a very familiar face to me long before either trilogies came out.

azszhz
if some one came up to me and said "do you know Hugo" then i would defently first think of Elrond but he has the Smith look down pretty good

Camellia
Smith - I saw The Matrix before LotR so....yes, Smith

Lord_Andres
When I see him, I always think, "Mr.Anderson", so he's Smith to my eyes..

White Lady
elrond cant stand those matrix films so over rated and so full of crap

Vader
The matrix trilogy sucks, se so-called hero can't even save the girl he loves.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.