sw.c

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
How much can we trust starwars.com or how cannon is it?

King Jedi
I consider it cannon. Until they change there minds.

Ushgarak
It's NOT canon, no matter what people consider. By Lucasfilm's own canon rules it is not canon.

However, it IS normally reliable. Errors have been known, though.

ToMacco
What makes you ask this question, yers?

yerssot
I don't know how you get it, but I think it's the databank of the JC, they wrote that Yoda and Mace were BOTH the head of the C

ToMacco
They're idiots.

Ushgarak
We have no particular reason to doubt that; I;d be interested to know why they think it, though.

Ushgarak
FOund it, yerss. it is in the Jedi Temple and Jedi Order databank entries.

"Headquartered on Coruscant, the Jedi trained, studied, and planned from the impressive Jedi Temple, a towering edifice rising high above the surrounding structures on the city-planet. They are governed by a High Council of 12 Jedi -- most of them Jedi Masters -- who contemplate the very nature of the Force.

Within one of the outer spires convened the Jedi High Council, the governing body of the order. From its circular Council chamber, a ring of 12 Jedi held court, monitoring galactic events and contemplating the nature of the Force. It was the Council that held final authority on Jedi missions on behalf of the Republic, and on whether prospective candidates were worthy of training.

In its final years, the Council was led by senior Jedi Mace Windu and Yoda, two very powerful Jedi Masters. At the time of Palpatine's ascendancy to Supreme Chancellor, the Council contained such Jedi luminaries as Ki-Adi-Mundi, Depa Billaba, Eeth Koth, Even Piell, Saesee Tiin, Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis, Plo Koon, Yaddle, and Adi Gallia.

Aside from the Jedi High Council, there was the Council of First Knowledge, the Council of Reconciliation, and the Reassignment Council."

However, see my new thread on Mace for an objection to this suggestion.

Incidentally, Eeth Koth was going to be the head of the Council

queeq
Sounds okay to me. Better Mace and Yoda than Eeth Koth.

Julie
hmmm...very true.

Yoda and Mace it is wink

Ushgarak
Or not. Check out the threrad about Windu as head, though I am afraid that has no defintiive answer either.

yerssot
since the original topic is about how cannon sw.c,
I have a new question concerning that "cannon" thing:
some people were considering putting EU on the cannon list,
what's the latest story about that?

Ushgarak
A Lucasfilm Licensing Editor very much confused the issue by stating that all EU works that did not contradict the films were canon.

However, it appears she was just stating her view of things; the official policy was not changed.

Julie
And what is the official policy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.