YOUR Favorite DAtDA Teacher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Alpha
Remember, I am asking YOUR favorite one.

Ariadne
Definitely Lupin, although before Moody turned out to be a Death Eater he practically my favorite - the fact that he was trying to kill Harry the whole time kind of ruined it.

raven guardia
lupin is my favorite

eezy45
Lupin definitely.
And if anyone is going to vote Umbridge,
It's Dogbert stick out tongue

RonzMyBoy
I picked Umbridge because I that she was a really good and complexed. Also she just the one ya love to hate. (Hope that makes sence)

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
i voted lupin...

Vampiree
i'm voting for lupin.

BunnyWolf
Lupin... He's most definatley my fave DATDA teacher

eezy45
teeheee. i love yar sig bunnywolf

BunnyWolf
Aww big grin Thanks stick out tongue

eezy45
even its quite... silly stick out tongue

BunnyWolf
It's stupid ye laughing out loud

eezy45
i think lupin has won ^^

pixie1
lupin

cheeky munkey
wooo!!! lupin.. he is the best.... wonder who harry will get next... tho lockhart was funny

Bloom4ever
Lupin Lupin Lupin Lupin

how come nobody voted for Moody? the guy was really cool, even though it wasnt really him, but whatever

Remuslupin
Thanx people... i voted myself too

The Alpha
I voted for Lockheart sad

Step17
lupin rulezzzzzzzzzzz the show so lupin ^^

The Alpha
miffed

PrefectRonnykin
lupin no doubt

Isilcal
Definitely Lupin!big grincool

cheeky munkey
everyone likes lupin the best, but why?.... he was my fave, but moody was pretty cool too (even tho it wasnt really him)
lockhart was funny......... umbridge... eugh,..... need i say more?

The Alpha
yeah.... i like lockheart bcoz he was funny

Maikahyandowen
Lupin, obviously. or Moody, just because of his weird eye and everything.

eezy45
laughing
Moody was cool. But still Lupin is the best

SAtown_punk
I voted "Moody" because he taught Harry a lot of different things that he may not have learned otherwise. I think in the next book, Snape will be the teacher, and that's gonna be awesome. He deserves it.

Maikahyandowen
SNAPE?! no, he's doing.... whatever he does... for the order. there'll probably be someone new. as always.....

SAtown_punk
I tjink Snape will get it because he knows more about the dark arts than anyone else I can think of. And he deserves it.

I just re-read PoA, and Lupin is a really good teacher, and pretty cool, but I'm still voting for "Moody" because he did more for Harry than anyone else. Although I guess Umbridge could have been considered a good teacher, because she's the one who pissed Harry off so much that Harry decided to teach the class himself. That was cool.

shaber
Lupin.

And Moody never got round to teaching them. That should say "Crouch" or "the imposter Moody."

Maikahyandowen
true. but Lupin tought him the patronus charm. can't beat that.

eezy45
laughing read it once again

Maikahyandowen
read what?

SAtown_punk
that's why i'm putting "Moody" in "quotation marks". True, Lupin did teach Harry the patronus charm...oh well...

The Alpha
There can be a boggarts' attack on the Trio in coming books. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Maikahyandowen
what are you implying??

The Alpha
O man! I am favoring Lupin as it was he who taught them how to handle a boggart.

Maikahyandowen
that's it?? a boggart???!!!!!! what about repelling a dementor!! and a bunch of other things.

Amy Black
Lupin is not only my favourite DADA teacher but he is my favourite character ever! I love him so much!!! I was so glad when he returned in the "Order of the Phoenix"! I was screaming and shouting, jumping round the house. My family thought I'd gone mad. :-)

SAtown_punk
I don't rmember him being in the book...lol...I guess I should read it again.

Maikahyandowen
you don't remember him?????!!!!!!!! how is that possible????

SAtown_punk
I don't know. I just can't remember him in the book. Probably because I read GoF and PoA right after I finished OotP.

Trickster
Quirrel was left out... stick out tongue

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
lUPIN

OW OW OW OWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(MY HOWLING IMPERSINATION)

Maikahyandowen
ah. i thought you stubbed your toe.

The Alpha
O O
Who voted 4 Quirrel?

*Georgina_A*
someone who has gone mental stick out tongue

hhhhr
quirrel i think is not a very bad choice compare to umbridge, she was acting on her own

*Georgina_A*
apart from the fact he had the dark lord on the back of his head, he was ok...and yeah compared to Umbridge he is a GREAT teacher.

Maikahyandowen
how can we tell? we don't know what he did in CLASS. only how he tried to kill Harry etc.

SAtown_punk
Umbridge wasn't too bad, in my opinion. She was acting on orders from the Ministry, who were too blind and arrogant to see that Voldemort was back. Plus, her teaching enabled Harry to begin teaching the clas, which was awesome. She was a horrible b*tch, but she was just following orders.

*Georgina_A*
What about when she was about to put that illegal curse on Harry?

Maikahyandowen
she wasn't just following orders. she was going to do some illegal curse on Harry, and tried to give him veritserum. if nothing else, moody doing the unforgivable curse on harry only helped him later.

SAtown_punk
Oh well. She was just following orders. The Ministry gave her the power to use her authority as she deemed necessary. Seeing as how everyone in the Ministry had turned a blind eye to the fact that Voldemort was back, Umbridge thought this was necessary. She didn't need to try the illegal curse, but whatever. She may have taken it a little too far, but the Ministry gave her the authority to do it. I'm not saying she was a good person, by no means. But I am saying she wasn't a horrible teacher. And like I said, her actions, as well as the actions of the Ministry, spawned Harry's becoming a DAtDA teacher for his peers. So at least something good came out of it.

Maikahyandowen
of course she was a horrible teacher! she taught them nothing. she was not given orders to act the ways she did.

persian85033
I voted for Lockhart. He's was just...funny. About his defeat about the Wagga Wagga Werewolf, and Magical Me, and all that. He was just funny. And stupid,too. And when they saw him at St.Mungo's, still giving autographs and all that. laughing out loud

Maikahyandowen
funny BECAUSE he's stupid. that's the way to go! why be one or the other when you can be both?

hhhhr
lol1

SAtown_punk
How was she not acting on orders!?! The ministry issued those decrees that she was able to carry out! How was she a horrible teacher? She was a horrible person, as I said, but the teaching wasn't that bad. They just didn't learn any spells or anything like that.

Maikahyandowen
the ministry did NOT issue those decrees. SHE did, because she was Hogwarts high inquisitor. she was simply acting in the ministry's name. how can you be a good DADA teacher, if you don't teach them any defencce against the dark arts??!!!!

Amy Black
In my opinion, Umbridge was the worst. She is evil and irritating. miffed

Then comes Moody. You know, he wasn't Moody, actually, so I hate Barty Crouch Jr., not the real Moody. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quirrell - I think - was like Pettigrew. He only helped Voldemort because he didn't have the strength to fight against Voldemort. thumb down

Lockhart was just simply funny. When the first time I read the book I found him annoying, but when I saw the movie...you know, there wouldn't have been any better Lockhart than Kenneth Branagh. He is just funny. laughing

Remus J. Lupin, the adorable werewolf, is my favorite teacher, character, kind of man...he's my type. I worship him so. And David Thewlis is going to be the best Lupin! yes

SAtown_punk
Because Cornelius Fudge gave Dolores Umbridge the power to issue said decrees!

Maikahyandowen
he gave her the power, but he didn't tell her WHAT to decree.

SAtown_punk
no, but the only reason she issued those decrees was because the ministry, her included, was too arrogant to admit that Voldemort had come back.

Maikahyandowen
this is true. the best decree she ever made was unquestionably the one forbidding the Quibbler. big grin

Inwë Nólatári
I really liked Lupin...I loved when they worked with the boggart. it was so cool!

Maikahyandowen
ah yes. Snape in a green dress.... big grin

Phoenix
laughing out loud

Can't wait to see that in the film!

SAtown_punk
lmao! Alan Rickman, the voice of God(in Dogma), in a dress. That's so great!

Clovie
i saw that part of the movie!!!!!
it was in the trailer!!!!!!!! laughing

to the topic, moony is the best dada teacher, of coz big grin

Trickster
I voted for Quirrel. My post was only a few above! I said

I felt bad for him. Lol... I didn't really, just wanted to see what you would say.

Evy_O
Remus Lupin big grin

Maikahyandowen
Lupin's the best. expecto patronum!

SAtown_punk
I agree that Moody was the best. It may not have really been him, but for that time being it was. Nobody knew that it was Barty Crouch. And Moody taught them a lot. Lupin is awesome, but my vote still goes to Moody.

Maikahyandowen
The only good thing Moody taught them was how to resist the unforgivable curses. which is always a good thing.

SAtown_punk
exactly. And all Lupin taught them was how to fight a boggart, which isn't essential, and he taught Harry how to fight a dementor, which is. So really, "Moody" and Lupin are basically equal altogether.

The Alpha
A teacher is not only judged on the base of what he teaches, PEOPLE!

Maikahyandowen
what, then is he judged upon, if not his teaching?

SAtown_punk
I was gonna ask the same thing.

Maikahyandowen
please explain, The Alpha.

Jeff_Atello
Yes, I'm waiting as well.

Amy Black
Professor Remus J. Lupin!!!
He always makes me wanna hug him! hug

Maikahyandowen
yea Lupin! Happy Dance
Hot Topic has five Harry Potter shirts now!!!!!

Jeff_Atello
just like Hot Topic to jump on the "look what's poular!" bandwagon.

Maikahyandowen
naturally. i went there on Saturday and they didn't have any. i'll kill them all. mad miffed

mg16
I VOTED FOR UMBRIDGE! SO HOT!

Maikahyandowen
uh. ok.

celestial_moon
i like all dada teachers but lupin seems 2 be my fav. moody would b next tho.

Amy Black
LUPIN RULES!!!!

Razul
Moony is the best... And that he tried to kill harry only makes him better... Joke

Maikahyandowen
Lupin's definately the best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.