Love Sympols

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aqua
Hearts:
To a beloved, there is no symbol as important as the heart. To give someone one's heart means to give to him or her one's whole being, for the heart is at the center of one's existence. The heart stands for the most profound and noblest of human emotions - that of love. Through ages, it has inspired millions to rise above the mundane cares and to get lost in the thought of their beloved. Thus a heart, pierced by the cupid's arrow, has become the most famous of the valentine's symbols.

Roses:
'Oh, my love is a red, red rose' ~ Poets and scholars have likened the beauty of their sweethearts to that of roses. Roses as the queen of flowers symbolize both peace and war, love and forgiveness.Valentine's Day is a time to send flowers and gifts to your loved ones but beware! Some of these beautiful messengers may transmit wrong messages.Take the most common flowers, roses for instance. There are formal meanings of different coloured roses in some cultures. Each of these meanings is still used in society today, so they are still valid.

Love Knot:
Young women in strict Muslim households used to send their pledges of love to young men through messages woven through the knots of a carpet in an Arab tradition. This tradition of sending messages through the knots gave birth to the concept of love knots that continues to this day.

Love Birds and Doves:
It was believed that on this romantic day, birds found their mates. This belief is still cherished by love struck people all over the world. The sweet little blue coloured lovebirds have come to signify that belief. It is said that the lovebirds can't live without their mates. Dove, in the Christian belief signifies purity, meekness and innocence. Hence, these two birds have become the most endearing symbols of the spirit of valentine day.

Cupids:
Cupid, the mischievous son of the Goddess of Love, Venus, and is supposedly responsible for people falling in love. According to the myths, anyone being hit by the Cupids arrow falls in love with the first person he sees. His mischievous intentions have led to some entertaining situations in various legends. Cupid in the Roman mythology has Eros the son of Aphrodite, as his counterpart in the Greek Myths. The names of both these Gods are used synonymously with the concept of love today.

lovelovelove

silver_tears
awwwwwww cupid big grin

Aqua
cupid on fireloveevil face

silver_tears
mad damn pyro and sky ranting

juggernaut26
huh?

Aqua
lol i love u Pyro and Sky!

juggernaut26
pyro i know who is sky?

Aqua
kofmaster

must_kill_Santa
you missed one

ME

Aqua
i didnt make itstick out tongue

must_kill_Santa
didnt make what

Aqua
nvm...my lil bro typed that.......ill kill him after i get offshifty

must_kill_Santa
one thing about me i get confuzzled very easily
im Confuzzled

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah you get 'Confuzzled' very easily. You and Mum, if you just payed attention you wouldn't be roll eyes (sarcastic)

§pearhead
laughing out loud still angry bout the time before, sil?

silver_tears
die stick out tongue

slashwristbarbi
Did you know the shape of a heart is actually closer in shape to womans 'bits'* than an actual heart? *(sorry, but I dont know if I can actually say that word with out being told off! huh )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.