jedis use red sabres?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando
I know blue & green are jedi colors, as well as purple.
and red is supposed to be a sith color, coz lots of meanings of that color.
this issue has been problematic and many people say jedis can use red sabres also, well i was just looking at some pics and i found this one:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=collecting/toyfair2002/lightsabers.jpg

take a closer look in the far right, u can see a red lightsabre with the title "jedi lightsabre"

...i know its only a toy but made me think a bit.

yerssot
that's the picture of the new sith

queeq
laughing out loud

yerssot
ok, it's the picture of his weapon with his face near it

jedi fernando
look at the far right!!!!!
not at dookus sabre

there is a red sabre that has a label titled "jedi lightsabre"

Ushgarak
Fernando speaks truly, guys!

BTW, look at the way Dooku is holding his sabre. He is handling it like a rapier! Yes! (Dances for joy).

jedi fernando
far right of the picture!
not far right of dookus box.
at the far right of the picture there are 3 other sabre toys, and there is a red one that says "jedi lightsabre".

Ushgarak
Err... I KNOW, Fernando. I was AGREEING with you.

But the way Dooku holds that sabre is of interest to me and relevant to other recent threads.

jedi fernando
oh sorry, is just that sometimes i dont get ur humor so i get confused.

yerssot
let's all be happy, about how he holds his sabre big grin

Well, what I think is, you have the blue lightsabre, you have the great lightsabre and you have the red one...
It's not the red one from Maul...

I think they just made an error, I'm not sure if GL said anything about sabres but errors in the toyindustrie are common and even happened in Star Wars (two bounty hunters got switched)

mah
wow! those are great lightsabres! and as you've metioned that great picture of how dooku's holding his sabre! I'll have to buy one of those.

yerssot
nah, I'm going to keep it with the classic ones

Don't know about the color yet, I'll probably take blue...

mah
an electronic or a standard version?

yerssot
don't know, it's not here, remember

Kane_Starkiller
purely out of interest.

In the OT Obi-wan kenobi has a WHITE lightsaber, right?

When does that come into play?

confused

yerssot
lightblue, actually

Ushgarak
Or lilac, as Nick Gillard reminds us on the TPM DVD. It just looks too bright in some shots.

yerssot
or perhaps they forgot to color it in a few shots, like the one of Darth Vader

Ushgarak
I think it is only ONE shot they made THAT bad a mistake with

yerssot
and they didn't fixed it in the SE

Ushgarak
Surprised me as well. Maybe they were sentimental about it.

yerssot
sentimental about such a big mistake???

Captain REX
If the tried to fix it, it might end up looking like the lightsabers from TPM. That wouldn't look good. Plus, nobody complaned about it. They watched the movie and thought it was great.

yerssot
why would it look like in TPM?

Captain REX
Just a guess.

Julie
Guesses are rarely accurate......but hey you never know.......perhaps Capt is right.

Amidala
What is with Dooku on the box, he looks like he is in a hemroid cream commercial. Anyway.

Why would it be bad if the lightsabers all looked the same in TPM and ANH. am i missing some poetry about continuity flaws.

GL is a big theme buff, he uses colours and music to reflect personalities as we all know, i would doubt it if the jedi would use a red lightsaber simply because red is a universal sign of evil, green, blue, yellow and purple are happy colours.

a black lightsaber is the only other chice for evil and well, it aint possible.

perhaps because all of the sith we see in the movies are apprentices of the same master, the all get there crystals from the same place when the make their swords. wink

yerssot
Forgot this thread...

Making of Episode II: Part 10: Time to G.O.

Quote from GL himself:
The good guys use blue and green,
the bad guys red...

Quotes of GL have the same "strenght" as the movies

LanceWindu
Because GL wrote and directed the movies.

yerssot
yup, he's the maker, I'm not sure but... are his quotes bigger then the movie?

LanceWindu
I would think so because he creates nearly everything for the movies.

Julie
If GL says red is for the bad guys I guess that's that.......personally red is a nice color...but blue is even nicer so I have no prob with the good guys only using blue green....purple...etc.

LanceWindu
Same here. The red is the best possible color for the Bad guys.

Emperor Helmet
Jedi will use red sabers.

Ushgarak
And you base that on?

yerssot
ah, going against the quote of George Lucas are you?

Emperor Helmet
That quote by Lucas was said before he decided to even give Mace a purple saber. So yes, I am going against that quote.

yerssot
Indeed, it was before the purple thing, wich started as a joke first.
But what rests of the quote is then:
Good guys use blue, green and purple
The bad guys STILL use red
He never touched on that subject afterwards nor has he changed it

Emperor Helmet
I think you are in for quite a surprise. I can tell you that Dooku does wield a blue saber along with his red one.

yerssot
yes, and it's not his own sabre

It's not that the Jedi aren't allowed to touch a redsabre and vise versa

Emperor Helmet
We'll see. I say we will, and you say no.

yerssot
I said that his original weapon is red, yes, don't care from wich dead jedi (or alife even) he steals his SECOND one

queeq
Still, we have a pic of a red Jedi sabre there..... what does that mean? Maybe it's EU.

yerssot
talking about the one where Dooku has a red and a blue one?

Mujaffa
that's a fake one... duh!!

Emperor Helmet
A fake one it isn't.

yerssot
djee, if you go back to the start of the thread and read through all this, but NO... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
Well, with none of the Jedi in the trailer using red I am pretty sure that the Jedi won't be using red sabres at all.

Emperor Helmet
All the Jedi? We've seen about 10 to 15 of the 200 Jedi in the battle

Ushgarak
I accept that this is not 100% proof but it would still surprise me if the survivors only had blue green and purple, the only colours represented in the defensive ring at the end of the trailer.

LanceWindu
Are you sure those are the only survivors? Maybe there's more than one ring in the arena. Not likely but just maybe it's true.

Ushgarak
I beleive other sources suggest that they are the survivors.

But in any case it would still be very unusual if, of all the many Jedi we saw in the trailer, that some have red that we did not see. I firmly beleive they do not have red.

LanceWindu
I do agree with you though. I wouldn't think that any of the light-side Jedi would have red sabers. Like GL said bad guys have red sabers. He didn't say anything about Jedi having them as well.

yerssot
well, there will die a heck of a lot,
if you know that only three JC members survive...:Mace, Yoda and Ki-Adi Mundi

ryamathart
maybe it is part of the jedi code that says jedi arent allowed to use the color red for their lightsaber?

Ushgarak
I think it is very poor if if what yerss says above there is true.

Emperor Helmet
Actually, 4 survive.

You forgot about Plo Koon

yerssot
yeah, but wasn't he on another mission? The space battle to knock down the battledroids? Or was that Ki-Adi Mundi?

queeq
THat's still a bit hazy. DOesn't mean a lot of Jedi don't survive though.

yerssot
just the ones sent to the planet

Ushgarak
Still doesn;t explain why the entire council came, which is just dumb.

ryamathart
so outta the whole damn jedi order only 6 jedis survive thats including anakin and obi1?

Emperor Helmet
Plo Koon is with Ki-Adi Mundi on that "other" mission.

Only about 14 Jedi survive the end battle.

yerssot
ok, thought I had that one wrong smile

Emperor Helmet
Don't worry about it, we are all here to help each other.

Ushgarak
Nah, Ryam, far more will be alive than that; like I say, it;s not as if the ENTIRE Order comes for that battle and it would still surprise me if the entire Council came as well. Did they leave the temple empty or something?

yerssot
Thought I said that already:
the ones that fight not EVERY knight (otherwhise OB1's comment didn't made sense)

Emperor Helmet
There aren't as many Jedi as you think. Every Council Member is at the Battle on Geonosis, 200 Jedi all together.

Ushgarak
WHY is every Council Member there?

yerssot
because they want to exercise?

queeq
That's a good question though. Maybe they feel this battle is all or nothing. Especially since Yoda brings the Clones....

Ushgarak
It seems very silly; they bring a fraction of the order but its ENTIRE leadership; a very strange way to behave. They deserve to be wiped out if they are that stupid.

yerssot
and guess what? they were indeed nearly wiped out!

Ushgarak
Which brings me full circle to the point where I am still unsure that the entire Council does indeed come!

queeq
Well, we don't know how many Jedi they brought. Looking at that last trailer the battle certainly extends way beyond the arena as was previously thought as the location of the battle.... so who knows.

yerssot
heck, if TF.N, SW.N and A.N believes that, fine by me stick out tongue wink

Ushgarak
But they aren't certain. RC says that whole Scene by Scene area is a bit rough and scriptment comments on who was in- and definitely on who survives- that battle were sketchy at best.

queeq
But do they?

yerssot
do what?

Ushgarak
Believe it. He posted at the same time as me.

queeq
Do they only fight in the arena? I doubt they do. It's not that big for all that machinery and clones.

yerssot
they fight all over the planet, yes

Ushgarak
My mistake...

yerssot
because you posted at the same time as queeq??
boy, you're humble!

jedi fernando
i think the whole council went to war coz they believed it was a great cause and they felt responsable of it all (coz dooku being a fallen jedi)

and probably they felt they were going to wipe out the droids, i dont think they were expecting so many droids, and if they were expecting as many as there were i believe they were arrogant about it and overconfident...a bit o fa flaw in the council, dont you think?

Ushgarak
It DOES seem odd. I mean, these are meant to be the wisest and most powerful people in the Galaxy; it really would be an embarrassing and disappointing end if so many COUNCIL MEMBERS die in that way.

ryamathart
In EU darth maul makes his crystals from nothing. Using the force. I believe that some fallen jedi dont even bother to make new lightsabers with red blades. And blade color doesnt have to do with the crystals its something else in the light saber so all a fallen jedi would have to do is adjust his lighsaber to make the blade red, right?

Ushgarak
We really don't have any good idea about the truth of that, so that point of view is as good as any other.

yerssot
as long as we don't see a sabre being built (although RotJ novelisation is good) we can't say anything but "that's speculation"

Gundark
The novelization of "Shadows of the Empire" is much more detailed in the way Luke constructed his lightsabre, although its not canon.

yerssot
*yells*
will we ever known it in the movies????

Julie
*shhhhhh*
maybe....but with all the story that has to be told, I think the construction of lightsabers is best described in a EU novel or comic.

Emperor Helmet
Lucas has stuck to his guns. Jedi only use green and blue sabers, with the exception of Mace windu.

yerssot
some believe that others use purples too, they say since Geo is a red planet you can't see it clearly

Emperor Helmet
Only Mace has purple.

yerssot
don't convince me! I'm with the ones that thinks only mace has purple

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.