Why I DONT want to SEE anakin turn into vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
I really hope that they DONT actually SHOW anakin becoming vader. This is because for somebody watching all six movies all the way through for the first time, it would ruin the cliffhanger ending at the end of "empire strikes back". They would not be as shocked that vader is lukes father unless they were led to believe that vader was actually dooku in episode 3. This would also be a justified reason as to why dooku was introduced as a new character so late into the prequel trilogy.

I always thought that in episode 2, Dooku acted and dressed a lot more like vader than Anakin, so they might imply (but not actually show) that DOOKU becomes vader, and not many non jedi know that anakin is vader. After all, if the whole of the alliance knew that vader was anakin, wouldn't luke have found that out BEFORE episode 5 (or one of his friends would have told him-after all, he did have the same last name and come from the same planet)

Corran
How would it ruin it, I think the movies should still be watched in the order they were released in, even for new fans/viewers.

yerssot
they WILL clearly show he will be vader, that much is sure, that's what almost every fan has been waiting to see I think

the only that probably want be clear is about the twins, I don't think they will name them from the start or anything

xeous
Even if they do name them from the begining, it won't ruin anything. Luke will still be shocked and it will still be dramatic...

VengeanceGOD
He will become Vader on screen. But that's is a VERY good point. That's why I will always show new people to the movies 4 5 and 6 before 1 2 and 3.

Darth Jello
I think the perfect viewing order would be 4,1,5,2, clone wars, 3, 6

ybbil33
well i think that it doesn't matter how they show anakin becoming vadar. I agree with xeous, I think it will still be dramatic. So actually they should show the turning point, and I think it will be good b/c hayden christensen it good at getting really angry, although sometimes he does sound winey, but that's ok. And I think they will name the kids early b/c in the description of the sequal they say that obiwan has to protect padme and her children.

bigsef3
elevin, i have made that argument before. I used to agree with you whole-heartedly about wanting to have the surprise, but in a sense, it is much better if we do see the transformation. The entire star wars saga, all 6 movies, is about ANAKIN. if we dont know we are seeing anakin in ANH and the majority of ESB, there is discontinuity. We have to know it is anakin we are seeing when he destroys alderaan, kills obiwan, and looks for luke skywalker. GL knows what hes doing.

ybbil33
point made, good one

Julie
er.....most people who don't have their head in a hole at the moment already know of the "surprise"....but I do agree on terms for posterity's sake

bigsef3
I am actually hoping GL inserts MORE vader scenes into the OT DVDs, but thats a topic for another thread.

victodor
The right way would be 124536.You see 1 and 2,then you have a feeling to watch them 4 and 5.Then you watch 3 and go back to 6.

Ushgarak
That's... unusual...

spadesmamma61
I'd go with 1,2,3,4,5&6 but that's just me! laughing

Corsie
The best way would probably be 4,5,6,1,2,3. But that`s just my opinion.

Sith Master X
My opinion's with Corsie. I think it'd be great to watch the OT first, get the feel for the characters and especially Vader, that way you can build up the suspense and go back to watch how Anakin becomes DV. To me it'd just be more exciting that way.

SMX
cool

peluffo
I'lll watch it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, because i like how the whole history is developed, not because the ending or some twist on the plotline.
Luke is the one who will be thrilled out about Vader's confession, not me.

JKozzy
I'd probably go with 4 5 6 1 2 3, but one day sometime I'll watch it 1-6 in episode order, just to see for myself what that'd be like. Order of creation is more important IMO than episode #s, nobody will really understand fully what 1, 2, and 3 mean until they see the OT.

Sith Master X
Exactly. Yes, I believe to appreciate the meaning of 1,2,3, you have to learn the ropes by watching 4,5,6 first. That way, you can learn certain aspects of the films and take them into consideration when going back to watching the prequels.

SMX
cool

darktim1
I know they are going to show anakin as vader because I've seen some story boards and it shows anakin on table.

peluffo
I don't know if this is exactly right... Looking the fall of the republic, the rise of the empire, and the fall of the empire in that order could be great also.

Captain REX
That's utterly bizarre.

Red Superfly
Anybody who watches it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 is just asking for trouble.

The whole idea for the prequels is to tell the story of HOW Vader came to be.

Everybody EXPECTS to see Anakin become Vader, including myself.

Me, my friends, and most of this forum I guess, could give a rats ass about what "newbies" think - we all wanna see Ani become Vader - it's why everyone went to see these prequels.

And for those that DON'T know Vader is Lukes father - these people have obviously been living under a rock and deserve everything they get. Uncultured sloths. Muahahahhahahaha.

peluffo
hum.... that was nice, specially coming from somebody registered just a couple months ago... whistle What the f**k?

Sith Master X
Well SuperFly, I totally agree on the aspect of the prequels building up to the excitement on how Vader came to be. That's sort of the main highlight in my opinion, and is what the prequels have been leading up to all along.

SMX
cool

spadesmamma61
*sigh* roll eyes (sarcastic) boys, boys........who cares what order anyone else watches these movies? What works for YOU is whats important. Hell I'd watch them if they showed em backward but I just love them no matter what. It's good to post your opinion but why is it so necessary to tell someone else they are WRONG or full of it cause they like to view it in a different order than yours? Get a grip those of you that feel the need to tell peeps they are wrong cause they don't agree with you. blink

yerssot
laughing out loud nicely put

MikeyTheMan77
I'm thinking when it's all said and done...I'll watch 4, 5, and 6....and try to erase 1,2, and 3 from my memory...they've fallen short for me.

Sith Master X
You might like the third one though. yes

SMX
cool

MikeyTheMan77
hahaha...that's so funny...I just realized I gaffed off the 3rd one, and I havent even SEEN it yet...it could be 10 times better than 4 or 5...well probably not, but...it could...its got potential, but so did 1 and 2.

I have a theory...
The originals were just stories to be told, and turned out to be great.
The prequels were written to be great, but turned out to just be stories that were told.

Anyone make sense of that besides me? please advise...lol..

Sith Master X
I understand where you're coming from. Some things just turn out to be good, while others don't. Myself, I've enjoyed the prequels, but again, that's just me.

SMX
cool

VengeanceGOD
I enjoy the prequels because I've never expected much from them. The originals, on the other hand, were brilliant.

Corsie
I have no problem with the prequels. They could have been better, but I love them just the same.

Sith Master X
I thought Episode 1 could have been a little better, even though I still liked the movie alot. On the other hand, I thought Episode 2 was great. The only part I kind of didn't care for in AOTC was Dex's Diner, that was just wierd! messed

SMX
cool

Red Superfly
Whats that got to do with it? You mean me?

I meant "newbies" as in STAR WARS NEWBIES! Not forum newbies.

Way to go off on a tangent roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.