Vanilla Ice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo_Version 7
Wasn't this guy, the shit?! With those awesome beats!

Ice, Ice, baby!

dum, dum, dum, da, da, dum, dum

Ice, Ice, baby!

loserib
the dum dum dum da da dum dum was a sample from david bowies under preasure he was a prefabricated artist he even says so in interviews now

HockeyHorror
lol

he was wack IMO

loserib
it was all an image he said i watched an interview the otherday where he said he told them no at first about theway they wanted him to act and look but then they offerd him a million doller deal if he would just do what they said

total metalhead
even the Beaste Boys were better than Ice

Evil Dead
Vanilla Ice was the first one man boy band...........he dressed the way the record company told him to dress. He put the beats under his lyrics the record company told him to put. He was one of the first prototypes for a pop act. He had his own dolls, coloring books, lunch boxes, notebooks, etc.

That said......I like alot of his music. Mind Blowin' is a good album.....so is Hard to Swallow. I even like a couple of songs off To the Extreme.

It's just the fashionable trend to hate on him.......oh, he was corporate rock tool so must be made fun of. Why? Britany Spears, N'SYNC, etc. are all corporate rock tools but they get respect from the industry? WTF? Atleast he has admitted he was a corporate rock tool and has apologized for it.........that's more than N'SYNC, Brittany Spears, Backstreet Boys, Christina Aquilera, etc. have done.

Of course it was all a false image created by the record company. Have you not listened to some of the lyrics from Ice Ice Baby? "I grabbed my nine all I heard was shells, fallin' on the concrete real fast"......"Police on the scene, you know what I mean....they passed me up, confronted all the dope fiends"........"the chumps actin' ill cause they full of 8 ball"..........

geez........the guns/drugs in his lyrics don't quite go with the image he had at the time now do they........because the image was concocted after the song was made.

amity75
What's wrong with the Beastie Boys? The Beastie Boys are great!

total metalhead
....yes....great lookaround

amity75
Although I'd rather listen to my grandmother fart than listen to Vanilla Ice.

Darth Jello
well, I don't know...what do your grandmother's farts sound like? a warm trumpeting A3 augmented by a vinyl couch?

Evil Dead
I used to like the Beastie Boys........now I do not. I still enjoy their older music........I just cannot stand them being such asses........okay, they're all reborn budhist monks or something.......fine.......this does not mean that every time you have an audience at an awards show or personal appearance you should commence ranting about issue plaguing our society today....much less give partisan opinions about them. They really get on my nerves (and just about everybody elses) when they do that crap. If you're on an awards show devoted to music......talk about music. If Larry King wants to invite you on his show to talk about political issues, fine......go for it.......

loserib
good point

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.