Lines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
I was reading FotR today, and PJ used so many lines from the books, its so cool!

But they're in weird places...

eg. In the film, when they are in the mines of Moria, Frodo and Gandalf are talking, and Gandalf says to Frodo "So do all who stray into such times, but that is not for them to decide" BUT this line is in the book when they are still in the Shire! big grin

what did you notice?

Kitoky
Alot of lines were taken and put in different places to benefit the time of each sequence. I only noticed the fact that Treebeard used some of Tom's lines in TT: EE, nice catch Phoe!

Aurora
Oh I noticed tons of these, but the most that I really notice that in the Movie alot of Aragorns lines from the book are given to Leggy. Also the line that Grima says to Eowyn is actually said by Gandalf in the Houses of Healing. Most notably tho are lines that were spoken in The Council of Elrond in the Book are scattered through the movies. But I can see why since alot of the chapter in the book is composed of many "flashbacks" and "tales" and in the movie they are part of the storyline.

shadowy_blue
And also Galadriel's line in the epilogue of FOTR was also Treebeard's line in ROTK when they were saying farewell. The

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the Earth. I smell it in the air."

cool

Aurora
I hadn't noticed that one!!! Thanks for that!! big grin

Kitoky
Epilogue? You mean Prologue?

Pipage558
that is very cool! i haven't noticed any of that, but i haven't finished reading all of the books yet!
I've only noticed the treebeard speaking tom bombadil's lines and when frodo was talking to gandalf in Moria about the ring coming to him

shadowy_blue
Oh..LOL.. laughing Yeah, I mean epilogue..laughing Messed up mind, curse it. laughing

shadowy_blue
Also Eowyn's quote about fearing cage and all that dramatic stuff was in the ROTK book, but they put it in the TTT movie.

And the, "Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red nightfall!" was spoken by Eomer in the book while it was spoken by Theoden in the movie, replacing the "red nightfall" to "the sun rises"

"How long is it since Saruman bought you? What was the promised price? When all the men were dead, you were to pick your share of the treasure?...Too long have you watched her under your eyelids and haunted her steps." Said by Gandalf in the book but said by Eomer in the movie.

"Seldom will Orcs journey in the open under the sun, yet these have done so." Said by Legolas in the TTT book but said by Celeborn in FOTR EE

pip-foot
Pippin's song and the one merry and pippin sing in ROTK are both scattered throughout hte first book, in some other songs they sing smile

Kitoky
I liked how Eomer said, "How long is it since...." instead of Gandalf...
Gandalf's proverb (FOTR) was given to Arwen in the movie {RotK} -
-From the ashes of fire shall be woken;
A light from the ashes shall spring.
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken;
The crownless again shall be king. -

"The horn of Gondor!" Aragorn said this in (FOTR) but in {FotR} Legolas identifies the horn sound. Um...I think..

In the (TT) and {FotR} - Aragorn finds the elven brooch, and says his line, "Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall," then Gimli notes that Pippin may still be alive.

Kitoky
Phoe!!!!!!

Phoenix
Pip's song is actually sung by frodo in the third chapter! laughing out loud

((I think its "Three is Company"wink)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.