ROTK Won Best film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
Amazing simply amazing

Return of the king won the best film at the Bafta film awards smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

I am so happy but Peter Jackson didn't get best director sad but there still the Oscars smile

Hopefully ROTK will get more awards in the coming week

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3486533.stm

Iirima
Ooh, ooh! So cool!

LegolasLover411
SCORE!!!!! WE SO TOTALLY ROCK!!! um, do you mean that you're UN-happy that Peter Jackson didn't win best director?

Bloom4ever
so who got best director?

LegolasLover411
I dunno!

Iirima
Dun dun dun...we must find out! To the Internet! Wait...I'm on the Intenet!

shadowy_blue
Dudes, it's on the site ash gave us. The Best Director went to the director of Master and Commander, Peter Weir.

Iirima
Sorry, the site was blocked from moi. I have an evil computer filter...sad

shadowy_blue
sad That's bad. You can't get into every site. sad

ash007
indeed

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - 5 Bafta
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World - 4 Bafta
Lost in Translation - 3 Bafta
Cold Mountain - 2Bafta

shadowy_blue
We're still winners then! big grin 5 BAFTAs. big grin Congrats to everyone involved in the making of these movies, and yes, even PJ! Congrats, man! big grin

Iirima
Ooh...thank you, ash!

ash007
no problem smile

i am just waiting for the Oscars now they are much more exciting

Pipage558
go lotr! i can't believe pj didn't win best director!

ash007
this is from CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/02/15/arts.baftas.reut/index.html

gosh i never been this excited about a film

GO PETER JACKSON!!!!!!! GO LORD OF THE RINGS smile smile smile

shadowy_blue
Dude, I want to be excited, but I don't want to set my expectations that high. sad I'm more than sure that ROTK is very worthy of almost anything that they were nominated for and more, but I fear that Oscars are too political and I may just be frustrated. I really shouldn't be thinking this but Oscars are a piece of sh*t. sad

Iirima
Blocked again. sad Summary? Or Copy et paste?

ash007
mmm Iirima its working fine

yeah shadowy_blue i do agree with what you are saying i learnt long ago that polticians decide are fate not us

sad

the best thing to do is to enjoy it and be proud for Lord of the rings and all the cast

well done big grin

shadowy_blue
Yes, yes. big grin It's really up to us to enjoy the film whether it wins or not. big grin What I'm just saying is I hope those people behind the Academy acknowledge all the works done just to make LOTR as one of the most successful achievements in cinematic history. We LOTR fans surely acknowledge them, but winning the Oscars can also make other people who find LOTR as child's play and boring and all that other stuff to actually see it in a bright light and thus the movie could gain more respect that it deserves. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.