Best Nightmare on Elm Street

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Freddy_vs_Jason
which one do you think is the best?

HockeyHorror
the first one. classic

SlipknoT
1st one

stinkfist462
well i like .. 1-3 .. but i guess... 1

amlap
one and 3 are my favorites... i love the death in 3 when freddy is using him as a puppet!

Freddy_vs_Jason
i havent seen the 23rd, but i have heard about freddy ripping out that kids vains, and wots with freddy becoming a tv and ramming that girls head in? is that from the 3rd one?

amlap
yup yup
its just such a classic comic turn for a horror movie

Freddy_vs_Jason
yes, the worst by far was the dream child, that was just stupid, have you seen the dreamaster? that one was alright, i almost cried when alice's brother died and at his funeral he hoped out of his coffin and started talking and joking to alice but she was crying and shaking her head like "no, im sorry, ur dead, u shouldn't be here..." that bit was so well done..........

Evil Dead
The first.....

It was a true 100% horror movie. Freddy was a ruthless killer. Part 2 was also a 100% horror movie............but it just wasn't a great movie, horror or not.

Part 3 is where the transformation begins to occur. Freddy is no longer happy being a ruthless killer, he want's to be a prankster now too. Forget just killing teenagers in their dreams......he now wants to use these oppertunities to practice his stand up comedy act.

The man has a glove with nine inch razor sharp blades attatched to his fingers..........why the hell does he want to turn into a snake to eat a victim? .....or turn into a t.v. to pull a girl through his screen......

the ironic deaths began with part 3........... it made me sigh when I saw it 15 years ago and it makes me sigh today. The girl (Jennifer) who wants to be an actess gets killed by a tv.........the guy (Phillip) who makes marionettes gets turned into a marionette himself..........the ex-heroin addict (Taryn) gets shot full of some lethal blue crap..........holy christ how gay. This formula continued throughout the next 3 movies.......Rick likes martial arts, so Freddy kills him in a kung-fu fight.......Carlos is deaf.......so Freddy blows his head up by giving him super hearing.......

The series went down hill sharply beginning with part 3............you almost forget that the series was at one time a horror series.

amlap
still... i fell in love with the idea of the kids having powers in their dreams, although it goes afar from the freddy purpose, it still was one of the most interesting of the seire to watch when i was a younger kid, and for some reason that movie still sticks out in my head as a good nightmare movie!

Striel
I have to go with the first one. I'd love to see another one like it.

Freddy_vs_Jason
im with you amlap, the idea of children sick and tired of freddy decide to fight instead of run, and evil dead , freddy is trying to be creative, its boring if he just stabs his victims with his glove, robert englund sed in an interview that , and i quote: "freddy isn't just about drinking blood, he likes to see what your afraid of, if your scared of bugs he'll turn you into a bug" which is more interesting, but the stupist death so far is in the dreamchild where the cartoon drawer gets turned into paper and ripped too bits.....

stinkfist462
HAHAHA ... that was veeeerrrrryyyyy lame ... also when he ate that pizza .. and all the thingys .. that was retarded ..

Freddy_vs_Jason
the fith one just sucked, the sixth one was ok, but the fight between freddy and his daughter should have been ALOT bigger and better, i want to see freddy pure evil, really nasty, filled with hate,anger and voilence, they havent portrayed the evilness of the freddy in ANY of the films, not even freddy vs jason

Evil Dead
interesting or not........it is portrayed as comedy on the big screen. If they had their heart set on using all the ironic deaths from part 3 on.....they still could have done it in a horrific matter as opposed to the comical manner they did.

Example : part 6.......Carlos is deaf so Freddy gives him super hearing and blows his head up. Freddy cartoonishly tip toes behind Carlos yelling at him............Freddy then makes cartoonish faces while pulling pins out of his gloves to drop on the steel grate......hell, Freddy pulls out a chalk board and scratches his claws on it. The entire scene is played for laughs........why are they playing for laughs in a horror movie?

They could have played it for horror as they did in the first two movies. After the new hearing aid on Carlos transforms giving him super hearing.......Freddy could have easily just smiled fiendeshly and clapped his hands.

'chelle
The first one was the best

Freddy_vs_Jason
hmm, i see what you mean evil dead, they should have mad freddy more evil then just some stupid comedic killer, and they don't show stupid deaths or anything, if they just made freddy a killer instead of a joker then the films would be a thousand times better, but in freddy vs jason it was reall good because he wasnt just some stupid pracvtical joker, he was an actual killer, yes, i see your point, and a good point at that

Dogbert
I think the 1st was the best smile

samhain
The first NOES is a classic original horror.

Linkalicious
the first one was by far the best...but dream warriors had a pretty interesting take on things.

Freddy_vs_Jason
i have yet to see dream-warriors and freddys revenge, hopefully i will hire them out soon, why does the girl in dreamwarriors get taken to a mental hospital? and do the dream warriors have skimpy cstumes or ne thing? what powers do they have in the dream world?

freddywins
the first one was by far the best...but dream warriors had a pretty interesting take on things. I mean when U want to become an actrress don't be eatin by the t.v lol
u know what I mean
PLus when u love a doctor please pllease please have sex with her but don't get eatin ok? thumb up What the f**k? miffed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.