Superman Vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thee_superman
Superman would kick his ass, but it would be fun to watch

eristole
isnt there a rule against blatently obvious posts like this?

sexybeast99
ISNT SUPERMAN LIKE A GOOD GUY

BarmyBrummie
Is there any point in this? Its obvious who will win. Kes..........big grin

Kes
Ok, tell you what. I'll move it to the comic book movie discussion.
Moving--moved

manjaro
this is absolutley pointless unless wolvie has a chunk of kryptonite

Herr Logan
Superman would win. There is a small chance it could go the other way, but very small. It would either be a very uninteresting battle, or an all-out action fan-buffet. Probably the former.

godfather
wolvie kebabs anyone?

LeAtHerRFace
Just to be different.. Wolverine would Annihilate Supes. Supes may be stronger, smarter, faster. But Wolverine got the kickass looks, backround story, popularity, additute, enemies, and much more!! stick out tongue

VENOMfan
here ya go

Raz
I have just removed all the nonsense posts from this thread.

DO NOT start fighting again miffed:

VENOMfan
sorry

Rasta
Why the **** would you do that? My posts were relavant, and the first one had no flaming in it at all, just objections to his claim that Wolverines claws could penetrate Superman.

Edit: That's hilarious. You couldn't sum up anything else but 'nuff said', the continued onslaught was too much for you to take, you bailed. Don't act like you had any input in that silly flame fest that mattered.

kal-el
I don't think he likes you venomFAN.

VENOMfan
Its alright i couldnt care less

kal-el
damn.I feel about 8 years old.You guys should feel about 5!!HA!

Rasta
Nor could I. I don't like, or dislike you. This is just a form of timewasting. Post on a forum. It's all a game. Don't take it so seriously.

You needed to be set straight. Your lack of knowledge on some certain subjects was disgusting, I don't care if the posts were deleted. You know you was wrong.

'Our critics are our friends. They show us our faults'

Your the yank. You obviously know who that came from.

Rasta
With a post like that, I feel 40. wink

VENOMfan
how is it disgusting? I never claimed Wolvie could beat superman. and unfortunatley were i have moved to dosent have a good comic book shop so my knowledge of DC isnt great. but if you really want to get into this then you should wait tell "never" post's here he knows more about marvel and dc than any member i can think of.

also this is a community just becuase some says what the feel is no reason to start attacking them. so I will say your right here. but trust me i will never say somthing inacurate about Venom.

and what's this about me being a "yank"?

Rasta
I've seen Never post. He's a total comic buff, he knows loads. But that doesn't mean information cannot be learnt.

You claimed that Wolverine could stab Supermans 'goofy ass', which was wrong. His Invulnerability prevents such an act. You continued on, and so fourth.

Jeeezz. The quote. Benjamin Franklin. What do they teach you out in the states? Comic books? roll eyes (sarcastic)

VENOMfan
i still dont see how Superman is Invulnerable Doomsday physically beat him to death. if you know please explain.

actually i never payed much attention in school.

VENOMfan
also I may have been quick to judge superman, I actually dont hate him, he stands for justice and always has been a symbol of good. but I do get wound up when hes in a vs thread

Rasta
He draws his powers from the Sun. He accumilates solar reserves, which enable him to do the things he does. Hence there needing to be a 'Yellow Sun' present for Superman to have them. His solar reserves are always increasing, but as he takes a beating he has to use them.

As a battle draws out, one such as Superman vs Doomsday, if he's beaten to such an extent I presume his solar reserves are depleted. Therefore, his powers gone. I.e Invulnerability.

However, I'm not aware to the extent of how long this may be, or if this is exactly how it works. There may need to be other factors to prevent him drawing from the Sun, I'm not entirely sure. But it's the jist of it.

Rasta
He's basically like a solar powered battery.

Edit: I agree. I was never a massive fan of Superman. I dabbled in a few things, but nothing major. It was only until I started watching Smallville he was shown in an entirely different light. Shifted the boyscout image. Saw some powers in action. Good stuff.

Since then I've worked my way around message boards learning more and more about Superman, his powers, and other various comic book characters.

VENOMfan
I thought it had somthing to do with the sun, but I didnt know that he constantly gatherd the energy

Ill try to find a online copy of the superman vs doomsday series, ill post a link if i find it

LeAtHerRFace
SUPES IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!..... LoL sorry... Just can`t stand that jackass vrsing Wolverine! big grin

Thee_superman
I like wolverine too, but when you have to face the truth you have to go with Superman. Bu t you crossed a line when call an American icon Gay.
I think the sun and beach has affected your common sense.

LeAtHerRFace
Wtf.. you talkn about? I`m just dissing Supes because I dislike him, iight? And don't you ****en talk like that biotch. And he`s not an American icon.... he's to lame to be one.

LeAtHerRFace
rock

Thee_superman
How is he not an icon, Well I can see your malfunction your not from the main land. So your acting like a little Bit#h just because your complex with realizing the truth. *****

sandman26
though supes would probably win i say wolverine just cuz supes is a overpwoered boy scout and it annoys me while wolverine is a cool strong take no crap kinda guy

LeAtHerRFace
Thee superman. STFU before I come to your damn house and break your ****ing face.

Viper
Oh man...so this is what happens when two comic nerds fight to the death big grin

LeAtHerRFace
Your probably a little 9yr old pussy thinking your all safe behind that computer screen of yours, am I right? Talkn shit when you can't back it up. I would break you, man. So STFU already, iight?.

Viper
Jeez, should we all not calm down? Not like this is a major thing to get worked up over

LeAtHerRFace
I aint a comic nerd. I just come to discuss a few things. Only when I'm really bored I come on here.

Viper
The way I see it, we're all nerds. I mean we're discussing the fine details on who would win between Superman and Wolverine. Not an insult or anything, just a sad...sad fact no

LeAtHerRFace
LoL!!! laughing

Thee_superman
You must be board alot,Bit@h You will get fu#k up if you swam here and came to my house

Rasta
Nah. I'm no nerd. I've recently taken an interest in comics, I enjoy debating, so when they come together I'm posting on KMC forums. Speak for yourself, people stereotype nerds as guys who are smart, enjoy computers, etc. But that day is done, bitchez, and a huge range of people access computers regulary now.

Also, I might add, labelling someone is so lame. It doesn't matter what path you take in life, as long as you're satisfied with it. A lack of self-esteem is what makes these idiots critisize others who are different. And by different, I don't mean in a bad way, or good way. What's considered the society 'norm' is a personal judgement, not a fact.

kal-el
I'm not sure if I'm a nerd.Touche by the way Rasta.
I was a jock in school, I play every sport going(athletics,boxing,soccer,cycling) but I do have a 'nerdy' side. The comics bring it out of me I think. I can't help but love 'em. Too true bout the labelling.

Rasta
Not touchy. I'm just posting what I think.

Lucidique
Wolverine.

Only cause I'm Bias when it comes to Wolverine, Plus he Could Chop Super mans Head off. He may be the Man of Steel, but Wolverine has Animantim (sp).

Rawr

Herr Logan
Superman is not significantly smarter than Wolverine, if at all, unless you're talking purely about his ability to take in and process information at a superior speed, which allows him to perform acts while in super-speed. As human beings go, Wolverine's very smart. Don't be fooled.

LeAtHerRFace
Thee Superman, I would get ****ed up? Your mistaken I told you I would beat the living shit outta you, *****! And I have the muscles to swim there and then kick your ass. You wouldnt last a second using your bony body, or you would sink cuz your a fat piece of shit.

LeAtHerRFace
Yo, dude lets just stop the dissin. I dont really like to type these stuff.

eleveninches
Depends what you mean by win.
Superman doesn't know as much about fighting as Logan (as he doesn't need to-he just uses his own super powers instead).
Logan knows more about fighting, but superman is just too powerful and fast for him and would probably kick logans ass.
However, No matter how much damage Superman does, it would not kill logan. Logan would never give in, and superman is too humane- he would rather walk away from a beaten logan than cause more damage, even though logan would be able to take the pain and claim that superman ran away.

kal-el
RASTA, buddy:
I meant touche you got me with the above comment.Touche(french term meaning you got me) not touchy .You say what you think bud.

kal-el
I know I got too carried with supes' heat vision in the hulk poll but it could def burn away all of Logan's body till there would be nothin left to heal.He could even just rip Logans heart out if he just reaches through those adamantium ribs or just lobotomise him with the heat vision again, rendering wolvie braindead.

Rasta
Ahhh. Touche, as in Tou-chea. wink My mistake, it's hard to read words like that since they don't sound how they're spelt. I agree, I haven't the time to look for them but I've seen many-a very experienced Superman comic book fans state how high his heat vision can go. Wolverine does have impressive regeneration abilities but nothing compared to the Hulks.

Rasta
I disagree, Superman has vastr experience when it comes to fighting. Maybe not hand to hand, but that's not the only type.

kal-el
Exactly.And kungfu wont do nothing if you're that handicapped in strength, speed(and reach)

Herr Logan
Superman would win, period. I just said Superman isn't smarter than Wolverine and he isn't a better fighter overall. His powers would take up the slack.

uberreality
People! Duh! Wolverine would win...Superman may be strong and fast, but he would get worn out before Wolverine....Wolverine has a healing factor...remember? And Adamantium in indestructable!

Herr Logan
Virtually indestructible. By Earth standards. I don't believe that Superman can break adamantium, but it doesn't make Wolverine any more likely to beat him. Wolverine has been knocked unconscious by powerful blows before. Clearly this is Superman's primary defense against Wolverine, and he's quite good at delivering them. Knocking him unconscious means Superman wins, since no real fan here believes that either Superman or Wolverine would kill the other. Yes, yes, Wolverine kills, but he wouldn't do in Superman. That's not how he operates.

smokeurbesmoked
personally i think wolverine has it all...he has high jumping abilities, not to mention if supes did anything catastrophic to him his emense healing powers would take affect and BOOM he's back to full health...as to were supes only looses energy, but his laser vision, bullet dodging, x-raying self might be able to get the job done....but i know this is W A Y the hell out there but i think Wolverine VS Sephiroth might be a fun match....better yet Wolverine VS Freddy Cruger....only Freedy would have to be in the real world and not a dream....or else Freedy would win....but yea thats all i have to say

smokeurbesmoked
also i think a Grand match between the Hulk and Wolverine would be very very good

Herr Logan
Wolverine doesn't have any special jumping abilities, he's just very strong and agile. His healing factor doesn't work nearly as fast as you seem to think it does. Superman could win a wrestling match, boxing match, arm-wrestling contest, martial arts contest (only because he's faster, not more skilled)... whatever you would plausibly see these two engage in. Supes won't kill, and Wolverine has no reason to kill Superman, so what constitutes as winning, anyway? Wolverine would get back up, but Superman could put him out again if he wanted to. This would be a very pointless battle. Wolverine, awesome though he is, is not in Superman's power class, and he doesn't have anything that would insure a victory.
Why would Wolverine fight Sephiroth? Isn't he some big, bad magic-wielding psychopath from Final Fantasy? If Wolverine had to fight him, he'd need help, as he always does when fighting magical foes.
In a fight between Wolverine and Freddie, Wolverine would win, no matter what. His will is much stronger than Freddie, no matter how hateful the charbroiled little psycho is. In dreams, that's all that matters. In real life, Krueger is not in Wolverine's class.
The Hulk and Wolverine have been fighting since Wolverine's very first appearance in Hulk #180. What constitutes a "Grand match"?

LeAtHerRFace
Power isnt EVERYTHING!!! Wolverine would win. Hands Down.

Rasta
God. You sound like such a retard saying that. Mind giving reasons as to why you think Wolverine would win? I'll gurantee you they're nothing compared to why Superman would win.

As the posters at the start of this thread said, this fight isn't even worth arguing over. Superman would thrash Wolverine.

Herr Logan
Superman would be forced to thrash Wolverine. He'd try to reason with him, and that would either work, or he'd have to thrash him. I really think that people should start putting some thought into these set-ups and give some context.
I agree with Rasta. What reasons could you possibly give for thinking Wolverine could beat Superman? Is is because he's willing to kill? Irrelevant, considering Superman fights plenty of people who are willing to kill. Is it because he's "cooler" and has more attitude? Yeah, we all know that and that's why Wolverine is currently more popular with the younger demographic, but that doesn't overpower Superman. Is it because you don't like bright tights and a clean-shaved chin? Grow up. Superman is a god among men, and Wolverine is the best there is at what he does-- which is fight mortal foes. Wolverine can't defeat someone like Superman through force of will, because Superman's will is pretty damn strong and he has a hell of a lot of power to back it up. If there's a juvenile reason I haven't mentioned, go ahead and tell us.

kal-el
Cant argue with any of that Logan, and if you look at my forum name, you'd know that I wouldn't want or need to. You just argued for me!

Herr Logan
Yeah, and like my name suggests, Wolverine is my favorite, but that don't make him stronger and tougher than a Kryptonian farmboy high on yellow sunshine. Come on, people. If we want to compare who's more of a bad-ass, then we are talking personality, not physical prowess. If you want to say "who would scare a thug more, Superman or Wolverine?" then clearly it would be Wolverine. That doesn't mean he can beat a nigh-invulnerable power giant like Superman in a physical battle. Of course, again, we can't even say that much without a little context here. Obviously, if Wolverine were to stumble across a giant Kryptonite radiation cannon and the instructions were clearly written in one of the dozens of languages he speaks, then yeah, Wolverine would have a hell of a chance of beating Supes. Barring that, don't be stupid, people.

wolverine8888
ok u all think super man would kick wolverine ass but ur wrong. Wolverine fought limbo who is just as strong as superman and is a better fighter but super man fast and when thses to fight they tie or superman barly wins. wolverine has beaten limbo the immortal in his first fight with him. ALSo wolverine claws can deffently pentrate super man they can go throu any thing so of course they cna go throu superman. also wolverine is a far beter fighter then super man in fatc he the best super hero fighter there is bye far. super man might be faster stronger but wolverien a way better fighter and his claws can go throu superman. oh and that bull about suber man burning wolverine wont work wolverine bean uked and got up a less then a minut later and he also got his hole body incinacrated and he heal in 30 seconds this all happend in venom the run. oh and yes wolverine has punch sper man and sent him in awall be for so dotn give me that bull he cnat hurt him. it woudl eba greta fight either they would tie or wolverien would tkae it cuz him basicly imortal cuz his power so advanced.

wolverine8888
also wolverine ahs foughten the hulk who can heal and is also stronger the super man yes I knwo hulk lsot but he foughten superman a couple of times and they always coem otu wicked close wolverine on the other hand ahs crushed hulk be for and also had huge fights with him. spiderman fought super man also and they tied . wolverine beat sider amn ina fist fight with out hsi claws think about it.

FrothByte
When and where did superman fight with hulk? hulk is from marvel and supes from DC right.

With regards to the subject on hand, even if wolverine's claws could hurt superman (that's a big IF) and even if wolvi is a better hand to hand fighter, i doubt he would be able to hit superman. Not only can superman fly, but he's also as fast as a speeding bullet.
Picture this scenario:
Superman flies out of wolverine's reach, then swoops down and punches wolverine faster than logan can say ouch. I know wolverine is unbreakable but a full powered punch from superman delivered at the velocity of a speeding bullet should be enough to knock wolvi out for a few minutes. then supes flies and uproots a building and throws it on top of wolverine.
Im a big fan of wolverine, but i think superman is way out of his league. We can't just argue that wolverine would win because we want him to win.

Magee
I think the Hulk and Superman have fought a few times in one of many marvel vs dc crossovers. big grin

beavis46
i'm a fan of wolverine and superman annoys me but ther's no way in hell wolverine would win.the claws wont do any damage.
hulk and superman fought a couple of times,first time superman won quite soundly (BORING!!),dont know about the other though

wolverine8888
wolverine can doge bullets lol havent u ever read any of his comic dare devil him slef states he dodging the machine guns bullets. also dident u here me about limbo coem on limbo has beaten supes be for and wolverine beat limbo with ahard fight but he still won

wolverine8888
also limbo has the same body thing that supe does that mean man things can't even hurt him but wolverine beat limbo so deffently wolverine cna hurt supes and most likely wolverien will win

Gregory
I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. Superman gains his invulnerability from the Sun, not his "body thing." What does that mean, anyway?

wolverine8888
well it a force around super amn and lobo wich if u notice keeps them from getting hurt on less the person fighting them is strong enough to pentrate it

Gregory
There's no "force" around them. They're just both extremely resailant.

wolverine8888
there a force in some stupid marvle book thou ti relay stupid they call it soem wierd name absicly just there strength but they call it like battle aura or soem thing

oobertroy
What a stupid idea. Wolverine is SO grossly OVERRATED it's ridiculous.

Marvel always has him going up against guys he should'nt even share a page with.

This discussion is over.

Never
Wolverine cannot "dodge bullets."

Hulk will stomp the living hell out of Wolverine. Wolverine stepped to GREY Hulk (the weakest version) and was getting the BETTER of Hulk before they were interrupted with that laser blast in the McFarlane run.

This is the same Wolverine who Elektra beat the SNOT out of? LoL, please.

wolverine8888
ok wolverine has deffently beat green hulk a bunch of times and even in one comic he dragged hulk boddy after the fight up to the masion. yes in one of dare devil comic he states wolverien dogeing in and out of the machine gun bullets so dotn give me that crap he cant. also i enevr seen elektr beat wolverien i dotn even think she can hurt him. PS HE ASLO KICK THE CRAP OUT with out tryign a couple of times AND he is nto over rated lookat hsi power it makes sense

wolverine8888
also wolverine vs eletra again and he beat the shit oput of her the first one wa sbecause he was just anew character and that was the vs mind reader he ever fought who only used her power to tell the other person move and yes they state wolverien the best fighter all the time and he deffently kick her ass the next time he fought her cuz he new not to think well fighting and now he doesent even think well fighting ever oh also she cant hurt him any mroe he so advanced well a nuke fell on him he got back up in under a minut venom on the run he did this

who?-kid
This is a not so clever thread and I am not too bright either because I want to participate in it :-)

The only thing Wolverine has, is his unbreakable skeleton, his claws and his healing factor. Big deal if you ask me. Superman can easily throw Wolverine from the United States to Poland. I am pretty certain that Wolverine will feel that. He will feel it a lot !!

Wolverine is an almost dead snail compared to somebody as fast as Superman. But even, due to some really bad writing, Wolverine is actually able to hit Superman with his claws, who can assure me that he can hurt Superman? Give me the facts please, and not the "Wolverine is cool and he can slice through anybody"-stuff. I'm not convinced that he will be able to cut Superman.

Besides, all of the above is useless, because Superman just throws a mountain or a few bridges at Wolverine, and the fight is over. Or he uses his heatvision, which wouldn't kill Wolverine, but it would certainly slower him. Or hey, why make it that complicated, he just punches him real hard and real fast. Trust me, Logan will stay down for several hours.

Wolverine only has a little chance when attaching some kryptonite to his unbreakable bones, and that still doesn't make him the winner. Honestly, this is no fight at all. Superman is way above Wolverines league. Logan is cool, but let him fight more human-like characters.

wolverine8888
dude did u hear me spiderman tied superman in there fight. wolverien beat spider man with ut his claws think about it. wolverien not that much slower then super man he is a super haman with the speed to douge bullet. he has also beaten lobo and I am pritty sure lobo kick super man ass be for it was a god fihgt but lobo won. so dont give me that crap wolverine would never be tossed bye super man ever. I think they might of already foughten be for so why are we discussing this just ready the dam comic.

wolverine8888
hulk who woverien kick his ass all the time has given super man huge battle were superman almsot lost so dont talk about super man beign able to kick wolverine ass I sorry but wolverine would msot deffently win. superman sucks at fighting

kal-el
Nuff said.........son

kal-el
OK.Here's all the ways supes could beat WOlverine:
1)reach into his chest and pull his heart out(reaching between the ribs of course)
2)pin him down with extreme ease and strangle him(aint no bones protecting the oesophagus)
3)Freeze him with his ice breath then punch him, thus shattering all but his adamantium skeleton)
4) Melt all of his body tissue off with his heat vision(wolvie can't heal back from vapour now can he)
5) Punch/throw him into space(very easy!)
THATS JUST IF HE WANTED TO KILL HIM BUT SUPES NEVER WOULD so heres how he'd just disable him/prevent wolvie hurting him)
1)Hold him in any known armlock(we're talking about someone who lifts 800lbs trying to resist someone who can lift mountains,buildings, tectonic plates).
2) Freeze him with ice-breath and leave him there.Wolvie aint breaking out of no ice.By the time he does it surely counts as a superman win.
3)punch him into another state like the hulk did.
4)Give him a finger stab to the throat thus causing him to choke for while(even Daredevil did that to him recently, stopping him instantly-yes thats right -DD-figured out there's no adamantium protecting the throat and just prodded him in one swift movement)
And as for the claws, they'd scratch supes at best(adamantium is virtually indestructable, superman's skin is virtually invulnerable, meaning his muscles/bones will basically never be broken/cut coz they gonna be even harder than his skin). And it would take an adamantium blade applied with far more force than wolvie can manage(800lbs aint quite enough) to pierce the man of steel's skin.
AS for speed and strength, well its ridiculously one-sided. Supes can make a fool out of wolvie without getting touched using his super-speed, which means even if the claws could do damage,theyd never make contact. What else is there?

kal-el
ITS LOBO!!!!!!!!NOT F*CKIN LIMBO!!!!!!!And that was a f*ckin sh*t comic.Almost all the outcomes were wrong, esecially that one! Wolverine's just a more popular character, thats why he won.Thats the way it works in comic fights!!!!The claws can't go through anything coz they couldnt even cut the hulk!!supes skin is tougher than the hulks!!!!!!.Wolverine isnt immortal and can conceivably die(read marvel directory)!!And immortal means cant die.obviously!!!didnt Magneto rip the skeleton out?Er..yes!!Supes could do that with his bare hands kiddo! YOu're way to bias for your favourite character. My fave is DD but I know he can get beaten.Heck I even know my 2nd fave supes can be beaten but not by wolverine! No mother-f*ckin way!

kal-el
NO MOTHER-F*CKIN WAY!

kal-el
Heres another way Supes could throw wolvie into the sun. The skeleton would survive but wolvie's body parts are only solid at 98 deg fahrenhait like most earth beings. Healing involves the tissue solidifying which aint neve gonna happen in sun. There you go.

kal-el
Hows about whos the better crimefighter-erm supes. Hows about whod you prefer to save you: well the most wolvie could save you from is another being or a mugger or something like that. Supes can save you from an earthquake, a burning building, an alien threat.He can infact protect this entire planet from alien attacks.

Now here's where wolvie is better.He's a more realistic, flawed character.He has a mental strength and a hidden compassion that supes possesses too, but wolvie is a badass on top of that. He is more human and his comics are generally more interesting to read. Most people prefer him as their fave character for these reasons. None of this makes him more powerful than superman. IT just makes him more popular. Its ridiculous that not many like supes just because of his boy-scout ness. He represents trying to do the right thing all the time.Never giving up the good fight.Never giving up full stop.Always believing in the goodness of people.Never letting standards drop. As batman said in the recent batman/superman #8(while bats was out getting rid of any left over kryptonite from the meteor shower and supes was left in the batcave until all the Kryptonite is cleared up, a blimp is destroyed and is falling towards gotham city).Bats then says'superman-there is a job for you - find my position in Gotham and locate the automated dirigible before.........'.then supes buts in, (already there) 'on it', he then takes care of the burning blimp. Bats says to himself 'and in a single moment, he shows why he set the standard for so many.There are those who think of him as outdated, the boyscout whipped by his own selflessness.They do not, CANNOT see him for what he is...................a hero'. The dark-knight is never-EVER wrong. YOu supes haters could learn from him.

Magee
Bravo!!! kal-el, i couldnt have said it better my self big grin

wolverine8888
ddue wolverine also can lift serveral tons and spider man tide superman wolverine beat spiderman enough said. super might win it can go either way I think wolverine would win but super man could win also super I think has already foughtne wolverine but they never finshed but I aitn sure. wolverine isent goign to be thrown in to the sun with shovign his claws deep in to supperman also superman cant bull out wolverine skulleton with out wolverien fighting him and it still be impossable and way cuz wolverine just heal back right away

wolverine8888
spider.

Never
Shut UP. Wolverine can lift HALF OF A TON, and I DOUBT Wolverine's claws could even CUT Superman.

Talk about a fanboy!

DarkCrawler

Viper
That's pretty much bottom line for this whole thread

wolverine8888
oh my god u guys are stupid wolverine can lift over a ****en haft ton a haft ton 500 puonds wolverine throw hulk who over 1000 pounds. and do any u lissen hulk gvae superman huge fights. spider man tide superman. wolverien ebaten both of them. enough said

wolverine8888
also wolverien claws can deffently go throu superman.

DarkCrawler

Rogue Jedi
in my opinion, the only superheroes who would give superman a challenge is spider man and the hulk. and superman would wipe the floor with them. come on, he is superman!!!
what about meteor man vs. superman? that'd be a hell of a fight!!!

beavis46
silver surfer could win against superman and the maestro (older and twice as strong version of the hulk)would be stronger than superman

Rogue Jedi
i guess. i am not fluent in a lot of the characters out there.

wolverine8888
ok wolverine beat to gusy who tide superman think about it and wolverine can see superman superman as fast as a bullet wolverine can doge bullet and spider man deffently faster well fighting then superman

Spider-Dan
Can someone translate the previous post for me?

Never
Prime example of the cluelessness that I referenced earlier.

Superman raced FLASH and they damn near TIED.

LoL @ Superman being only "as fast as a bullet." laughing out loud

Wynndar
This would be a pretty unfair fight...superman is jus on another level...although he's so perfect he's not even interesting...the only way wolvie could get him is if his claws could penetrate...but no one knows if he can or not...and by the way...Wolvie never kicked the Hulk's ass...he jus puts up a fight and gives the hulk some paper cuts...if u heal instantly i dont know how thats doing any damage...there r several ways the Hulk could kill wolvie too...but no way for wolvie to kill hulk...

wolverine8888
sueprman tide flash in a race on a cartoon show lol. also superman tide spiederman in a fight u should read it soem time

beavis46
errr no,superman proved to be stronger than spiderman in the crossover,read it some time

wolverine8888
I read the cross over it was fan vote. being stronger doesent make u win wolverine eba6t the hulka bunhc of tiems he know were enar as strong

Wynndar
Again wolverine never beat the Hulk....and u really shouldnt quote cartoons if u want to keep whatever small credabitlity u still have

Never
LoL, you JUST said Spiderman vs. Superman was NOT a fan vote. You said Spiderman vs. SUPERBOY was a fan vote.

Which is it?

Rasta
I'd just like to know what exactly you think Wolverine would do to beat Superman?

beavis46
this is a stupid match,wolverine's cool cos he's not close to flawless like superman and wolverine's clearly my favourite character here but he has no chance of winning.i'm a fan but i'm not retarded(like wolverine888)

DarkCrawler

wolverine8888
tell me how spdierman tied superman in two fights they had. also hulk fought superman befor and superman barly won I aitn talken about teh fan based one. also if u ever seen the one were superman is killed that dude is slow as hell superman fights so slow it isent funny he might flay fast btu sure as hell doesent fight fast

wolverine8888
the fan vote macth was siderman vs superboy. in the comics siderman fought superman and it wasent voted on

Rasta
God, you talk so much smack. Reference these with links, because the amount of ballshit that flows from your mouth, to your keys, to this forum is ****ing ASTONISHING.

I have no idea why you still think Wolverine, or Spiderman have any chance at beating Superman, and I ask you again; how, and why would they defeat him, in your opinion?

Is it possible you were dropped on your head as a baby, wolverine8888?

wolverine8888
I just sayign they what has happen in comic and also ur the idiot that think colussus could beat wolverine

kal-el
Dark Crawler do you read the flash coz apparently in his latest issue, superman has to catch him coz he's out of control or something. Roll on race number 7!!

wolverine8888
flash is a funny guy. wierd thou shouldent he bekinda super strong in his leggs

kal-el
Flash IS a funny guy. Dunno about Flash being superstrong in his legs.You dont need to be strong to be fast. But quicksilver can press 1000lbs with his legs so atleast Marvel covered that for you.

wolverine8888
I knwo u think flash have soem super strenth

FrothByte
i know flash is a comic book character, but i would just like to point something out. Flash travels at the speed of light right? the human skin cannot withstand traveling at a velocity of lightspeed. by all means, flash's skin should get torn out when he goes lightspeed. does that mean he has extraordinary skin tencile strength? and when flash runs he does swing his arms at his side right? if he travels that fast and still manages to swing his arms up and down then he must be really strong coz the air resistance at that speed should be enough to push your hands behind your back.

Never
Has been argued that Flash can travel at the speed of light. To my knowledge he does not.

As regards to friction from travelling at speeds that extreme, he is protected by The Speed Force.

Irish Wolverine
Wolverine would get taken. He's my favorite character, but I know that he would get beat.
When did he fight Elektra?

wolverine8888
thanks never I was wondering that it was annoying me

Never
Elektra and Wolverine: The Redeemer. 2001. Greg Rucka and Yoshitaka Amano.

No page numbers; 3rd page from rear cover of first issue. Verbatim:

"The ninja came with the sai again, and he barely managed to throw up parries fast enough to keep her back, meeting her blades with his claws. She was fantastically quick and inherently dishonest, feinting and faking."

The climax of their first meeting:

"He saw his mistake then, and everything slowed down, but not enough to stop it. He tried anyway, dropping his left arm to rake at the ninja, but she knew what she was doing, and in a way, he had to admire that. She just dropped back on a haunch, letting him pass over her, and then she exploded upwards.

Logan felt the tip of each sai punch into his chest, one after the other, the force of their impact rolling him in the air. She followed the blows, turning him, driving the blades deep, and he screamed as much in outrage as in pain."

Book three:

"I've killed you once," Elektra said. "I will do it again."

He grinned, not because he didn't believe her, but because he absolutely did. He suspected that Elektra never made threats; she just kept promises.

Best fighter in the Marvel Universe? laughing out loud Not.

DarkCrawler

MaverickIce
He definetly has, in the arc: Race Agaisnt Time, he had to go FASTER than the speed of Light to outrun an incarantion of Death to the end of the Universe where Death has no meaning. All through the "Speed Force"

By breaking that limit, Flash has become a truly 4 dimension being...

In Kingdom Come (Great Story) Flash became so fast, he could not stay in one dimension.

wolverine8888
never new that

Never
No. Even in the official guide to the JLA (which may or may NOT be accurate - however, it is at least CONSISTENT with most every site I have seen on The Flash when it says he can only access speeds NEAR or at a fraction of the speed of light):

"It appears that the Flash may run at any speed that he thinks is possible, but there may be >>>>physical limits to his speed. Theorectically, speeds greater than Mach 10, are dangerous to the people and to the environment. This speed would still be the equivalent to approximately 128 miles per second; allowing him to cross the United States in about 23 seconds, or circle the world in about 3 minutes. The Flash rarely achieves such speed in populated areas due to the effects of sonic disruptions and air displacements. His cruising speeds are probably around 90-150 miles per hour (1.5 - 2.5 miles per second). This is fast enough to move through most cities and around people without causing too much disruption to the population and slow enough for him to register everything he sees clearly. If he choses, Wally can >>>>approach the speed of light, and doing so, enters the Speed Force dimension."

http://www.starnet-database.com/dbase_deo/profiles/flash/flash.html

"Powered by the extradimensional Speed Force, he can not only move at >>>>near-lightspeed, but can transfer speed to and from others."

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/wally.html

"The effect of the Speed Force on the original two Flashes was to grant them the ability to move at superhuman speeds, often at their peak moving at >>>>a good fraction of light speed."

As regards to Kingdom Come, one accesses alternate/parallel dimensions via vibrating extremely quickly. That is why he was a blur - he was VIBRATING, not running.

SuperDarryl
Superman vs. Wolverine you have to be kidding me. I can think of a multitude of ways that Superman could whip the shit out of Wolverine.

1st scenario:
Wolverine lunges at Superman! Superman hits Wolverine with a hook so strong it breaks his neck and knocks him out cold.Superman wins!

2nd scenario:
Wolverine Jumps out from behind a parked car onto Supermans back, and procceeds to slash away at the man of steel. Superman grabs Wolverine off his back and does a super power bumb, then grabs ahold of a Wolverines head and squashes it like a grape. Then uses his heat vison and cleans the blood off his hands and flies away.

3rd Scenario:
Superman flies at the speed of light and sucker punchs Wolverine in the stomach at light speed, what happens? Wolverine is sliced right in half from the impact, his body falls into 2 pieces and spews out gushing blood everywhere. Superman Wins again! this is a massacre!

SuperDarryl
4th scenario:
Wolverine lunges at Superman yet again. This time with Supermans superfast reactions. Supermans burns the living ***** out of Wolverine and he is instantly incenerated. but for all the people that say that Wolverine can rejuvenate after being incenerated. Wolverine heals back immediatly(totally impossible). Superman decides to freeze him to death with his ultra chilly breath. Superman wins yet a fourth time! My point being that if Superman fought Wolverine their would be no fight. Superman is superior period. Wolverine would be dead on arrival! End Game! laughing

wolverine8888
ok superdarryl ur a idiot I cant even describe how stupid u are u know nuthign abotu wolverine btu yet u talk liek u do wolverine neck cant break I sware to gd just shut the **** up

wolverine8888
god

wolverine8888
bye meanign stupid I ment bye I dotn think u have ever read a thing about wolverine ever in ur whole live it sad if u ahvent read him dont make random shit up

SuperDarryl
Why do you think that Wolverine could stand up to the man of steel? Your just mad because you know that Superman would knock Wolverine unconcious, or knock his head clean off in a mortal combat fatality!

Spider-Dan
I couldn't help myself...

Wolveridiot888, are you in love with Wolverine?

Get over it. Wolverine is a tough Mo-Fo, but he isn't invincible.

'nuff said

SuperDarryl
I'am sorry but the stupidiest thing is that we are even having this argument about Wolverine and Superman. How about this, what would happen if Superman flew up into outerspace from the Earth to the moon. Then flew back to the Earth at light speed. And smashed right into wolverines head, I mean smashed directly into his adamantium head! What would happen? Gonna be amusing to hear you asnwer this?

wolverine8888
spider-dan I admitt wolverine isent the best but he clear better then some people. but wolverine has beaten hulk more then hulks ever beaten him. also u cant nock wolverine head off dam it ur so stupid stop talking superdarryl

SuperDarryl
Dude I'am convinced that if anyone could knock Wolverines head clean off then it would be Superman! answer that post jack***!

wolverine8888
I have no idear what woudl happen truthfully and have u ever seen superman do soem thing liek that to some one. ahve u ever seen superman welll in a fight actauly move fast.

wolverine8888
wolverine just goign to shit there well he does it lol

wolverine8888
also if superman can do that why the hulk dident he do that vs spiderman or the hulk or better yet doomday

SuperDarryl
You're avoiding the asnwer. What would happen if Superman flew at Wolverine light speed from the moon to the Earth and collided with him?

wolverine8888
I have no ****ign idear how woudl i know that

SuperDarryl
Wolverine's sh$% would get caved in man! Just say it! He doesn't want to say it because he knows it's true. The man of steal flying into mutant bodied Wolverine at light speed would be equivalant to a(you fill in the blank)!

Spider-Dan
Why don't you check your "updated" Wolverine guide. I think it's on third page, right after the part where it states that Wolverine can lift 5 tons with his thumb and index finger.

MaverickIce
Ok, the Kingdom Come thing was wrong.... And I respect your opinion but....

The Flash has ran past speed of Light. I READ THE STORY. Read it yourself if you want. Race against time, and the arc before that he also did. And in Zero Hour, but he died as a result of it (brought back by Parallax)

See, I don't care about an official guide, and those sites because I've actually read the stories myself....So I don't think you can argue agaisnt it.

Viper
If you take into account actual physics...it would completely disintegrate everything in a several mile radius wink

SuperDarryl
I agree it would leave a huge crator, Superman would get right up of the ground, and Wolverine would be totally obliterated in a combination of scattered adamantium and his yellow and blue costume spread around with splatters of red blood everywhere. It wouldn't be pretty. Superman would prob. be feeling guilty as a result, but hey thats life!

wolverine8888
thou I never seen superman do that I can't say ur rong but I also can't say ur right cuz a nuke his bone are unbreakable. also he been hti with a nuke and got up so I wonder what would happen they should make what iff like have superman do that todiffrent material and see what happens

Never
Not trying to tell you what you read, Maverick. My goal in listing the sites was to show you that he does not run past the speed of light on a consistent basis. Writers are given quite a bit of creative liberty when penning story arcs, but what you read is not considered to be canon.

He used to all the time, but they have slowed him down considerably for whatever reason - probably the same reason they no longer let (at least consistently) Superman fly faster than light speed.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>