The Hobbit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Will they make The Hobbit into a movie? It would be a good idea to do that, even though it's not very action-packed. It would still make a good movie. Plus, it would tell how Bilbo got the ring on screen instead of in a book.

TeCk-IcE
Havn`t they allready done that?

mah
it's actually one of the most action-packed tolkien books. There would absoulutely be enough to fill a movie with.
don't think they'll do it though, at least not Jackson.

LadyEowyn
i would personally like to see the whole scene in the goblin mountain, including gollum.

Mujaffa
jackson is probably gonna make the hobbit after lotr has shown all three movies

Ushgarak
What do you base that on?

Captain REX
Hmm...
(Star Wars ep. IV-VI before I-III)
Let's cross our fingers.

Pianoman
Actually I read on ign.com that Jackson has seriously been thinking about making The Hobbit. IGN is a reliable source.

Captain REX
They already have an actor for young Bilbo. The opening to the Fellowship movie shows him find the Ring. Man, that was one awesome movie! Sauron kicked ass in the beginning! And poor Boromir! Oh well, he wasn't the best anyway.

Brith
The key question about any movie version of the Hobbit is not who would play Bilbo, but who would be the voice of Smaug the Golden?

Ushgarak
That was Ian Holm in the opening of the movie, wasn't it? Just with a wig.

Captain REX
The Hobbit:
Starring Sir Ian Holm as Bilbo, and Darth Vader as Smaug.

Palanfirith
I think that it would be great .With the same actors (Bilbo)

The whole trilogy would have a start

Budgie
Sean Connery would be great as Smaug as he was brilliant as the voice of the dragon in Dragonheart. Such as fierce and deep voice.

Otherwise, possibily James Earl Jones.

Tahnee
I agree that they should make The Hobbit into a movie aswell! Personally I think that I liked the Hobbit better than the LOTR trilogy and I don't know why.

Tahnee
I agree that they should make The Hobbit into a movie aswell! Personally I think that I liked the Hobbit better than the LOTR trilogy and I don't know why.

Palanfirith
You post twice the same thing. wink

The Hobbit could be an intesting movie.I'd like to see it....

Tahnee
I did too! Sorry that was a mistake (that I posted it twice)

mah
the hobbit better than the LOTR?? nonono

Palanfirith
we cannot say that the hobbit is better then lotr because we only saw FOTR.TTT will be better.
A lot of people say that they saw FOTR,it was too peaceful,has no action,bla bla bla and they don't like LOTR.We cannot jump to conclusions if we saw only 1/3 of the action.

mah
I was talking bout the books, because tahnee sad she like the hobbit book better than LOTR

Palanfirith
roll eyes (sarcastic) ........thought refering to the movies....... big grin

The hobbit is an easyer book than LOTR.

Ushgarak
So is Champion the Wonder Horse. I would still venture that LOTR is better.

Corran
Hobbit barely touches on the darkness that is so much a part of LOTR, so I'd have to agree with Ush LOTR is much better than the Hobbit.

mah
I think most agree on that yeah

Dexx
Lotr way better than the hobbit. The action in the hobbit is a bit childish. In the lotr there's that big story behind everything. There's the story in the hobbit too...but not that good. Still it would make a good movie.

Corran
They'd have to embellish it a lot more to make it anywhere near as good as LOTR.

Palanfirith
they can do it......

FINGOLFIN
I am going to start a petition (on-line) to try to get Spielberg, Jackson, or Lucas to make "The Hobbit" into a live-action movie. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.