Unbreakable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mook
(dont move this as it relates directly to comics)

anyone seen Unbreakable?

i thought it was a cool concept and was well done.

kal-el
Yes. It's excellent. I don't know why people describe it as a supernatural film, coz it's not. It's just a realistic take on the superhero phenomenon. I'm guessing you saw it on ITV the other night mate?It's very well done and it all comes together well. You reckon David Dunne is more indestructable than superman or hulk?

Herr Logan
I didn't like it. There were some interesting and disturbing concepts at work in the film, but overall I would have been more satisfied with a little more decisive action and a lot less dragging uncertainty. Things can be realistic without being boring. I don't know how to feel about the ending... whether it was cheesy or brilliant. There was something about the whole thing that was very not-subtle in the midst of all the forced subtlety.

godfather
On the other hand you can have very good film with out action!!!!

Linkalicious
the only good part was when he fell down the stairs...the rest of the movie was weak sauce

mook
kal-el>It's just a realistic take on the superhero phenomenon. I'm guessing you saw it on ITV the other night mate?It's very well done and it all comes together well.

yeah i saw it on itv.

Herr Logan>I didn't like it. There were some interesting and disturbing concepts at work in the film, but overall I would have been more satisfied with a little more decisive action and a lot less dragging uncertainty. Things can be realistic without being boring. I don't know how to feel about the ending... whether it was cheesy or brilliant. There was something about the whole thing that was very not-subtle in the midst of all the forced subtlety.

i liked how it didnt say things one way or the other and was a superhero movie without really being a superhero movie. i thought the ending was brilliant - it would have been tempting for the film to become a traditional superhero film when dunne found out the truth but instead the film ended.

i thought they were loads of cool touches;
characters colour schemes - green v purple
dunnes coat being like a cape/costume
the opposites of the characters
the instinct/power

mook
"Unbreakable" was suppose to be the first film in a trilogy of movies, but since it wasn't as popular as "The Sixth Sense", they canceled it.

more trivia at

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1344/trivia

Herr Logan
I would have seen sequels if they made it a trilogy. I'm stupid like that-- always hoping a bad franchise will show me something good once in a while. Speaking of which, does anyone know if that abominable piece of crap "Smallville" is new tomorrow? roll eyes (sarcastic)

mook
i love smallville. (but then im not really into superman or comics so i dont get annoyed about anything in it)

Spawnie
I really liked the concept of the movie. It was different, and I liked the camera shots. I know it lacked that dose of comics but still it was kinds impressive to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.