Gildor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phoenix
Ok, so everyone complains about there being no Glorfindel in the movies, and I'm with ya, but what about GILDOR?

Without him, Frodo might have got caught by a Black Rider, and there would BE no story!

Kitoky
Traitor!!!!!

Glorfindel was the one who saved Frodo from dying! Nyah! Heheh back to my nyah routine.

Gildor is pretty cool.

Iirima
Kit...you told me to stop saying nyah! NYAH NYAH NYAH! stick out tongue

*wants Gildor and Glorfindel*

shadowy_blue
But I think one of those Woodelves in the FOTR EE that Frodo and Sam have seen in the woods might be Gildor. Not the exact same scene as in the book but it could be a nod. yes

Kitoky
Well yeah that's what I was believed, but how come they looked more glowy then the caravan of Arwen's?

shadowy_blue
Yeah..I noticed that too. laughing Maybe because it was darker when the Woodelves passed and they were farther from Frodo and Sam so we can really see them glow. Arwen etc. were nearer to the camera and it was like in the afternoon so we can't really see them glow. big grin

Aurora
Just like I always say..... I want more of the begining of the book in the movie!!!!!!!!!!!! More of Merry, more of the hobbits, more of Gildor. Actually we need to add Gildor!!!! I love that part of the book!!!

Iirima
There are so many characters that need to be added. wink

Discos
I know, many things were changed from the book in the actual movies, there is a thread somewhere about lines that other characters should have said!

I didnt enjoy the beginning of the FOTR for some reason, pretty much because The Shire looks quite boring to me (sorry hobbit fans)

Discos - hides in corner fearing Camellia's pitchfork

Aurora
I wish that they had added soooo much more of the hobbits.... shown that Merry and Pippen weren't just chance companions they chose to join Frodo. (and were very sneaky about it) More of the Sackful-baggins, more of the party, more of everything!!!!!

sauron
no story!

it would have been a BETTER story

what would you choose to read

a story of two small but brave heroes burdened with something they should never have had to do...while thier friends fight and die for them in last struggle battles

OR

sauron lord of the earth retrives his ring....the two hobbits are made evil warlords and the forces of mordor set out to take over the world.....two small hobbits with a big job......the world of men and elves with EVEN MORE desperate battles...and alot more sauron and witchy

Iirima
confused Euh....I dunno...but I bow to Tolkien, so the first. stick out tongue

Discos
erm, the first one!

Discos
ok being serious, the second story would have been a bit of a down-er to most readers/viewers, it would have turned into a much more dark film and we all know a crazy ending would have came from it as we all know evil never wins

sauron
well this time it did big grin

how do you know sauron is evil...what IS evil???

and i know you have some comment but sauron was not always evil

anaritearbina
Elves are great and all but what about Fatty? And the barrow wright? And TOM BOMBADIL!? It made me so sad that they didn't have the barrow downs or crickhollow or more Bree.

pip-foot
yes, but we cant do anything to change it now. I think they should make super-extended versions with EVERTHING from the books stick out tongue

ok. i know thats impossible, but i can hope cant it smile

Kitoky
What character does Tolkien represent?

For me it's either -
Eru
Gandalf
Or Treebeard

pip-foot
i;d have to say one of those 3 too smile

anaritearbina
Gandalf...or Eru but usually I think of Tolkien as Gandalf

Captain REX
Remind me who Gildor is. I have not read the book in awhile.

Kitoky
Gildor is the Wood elf that passes through part of the Shire to get to the Grey Havens, he is the leader of the exiled elves.

Frodo and Co. met him while heading to Bree.

shadowy_blue
Yeah, and the same Elf who said the very famous line, "Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." and then Frodo answered, "Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes." hehe...two of my favorite quotes. big grin

Phoenix
big grin I love those! big grin

sauron
tolkien i would say tom!

he was there before the first acorn...before all the other stuff...so he was there before the books were written stick out tonguestick out tongue

Kitoky
Tom yes yes, definately tom

Bar-en-Danwedh
I forgot all about Gildor, that's a great little moment in book, that would have been nice in the film...

and GLoins little talk at rivendel about the dwarven rings.

anaritearbina
But Eru had to be there before all that didn't he?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.