what is the worlds problem?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

el_barto
plz explain to me why we have a dumbass U.S. president AND a sucky world econamy.

EDIT: i dont want this to get...... ugly so NO FIGHTING (or else i will have to sick raz on ur butts)

silver_tears
can I point out there is no world president roll eyes (sarcastic)
may wanna reconsider reowording that.

Gundark
Tis the way of things, el barto.....

Ya just gotta find a way to roll with it.

I'm way up here in PA. How's the weather in Texas ?

el_barto
it snowed on saturday LIKE 2-3 INCHES! (i got to pumble the hell out of my friends with snow balls)

Pingu
Just too many power mad people out there who want to run things their way and stuff everyone who disagrees with them.... mad sad

Gundark
We haven't had snow here since before groundhog day. But its been so cold that what is still here has frozen and crusted over.

If you're going to go sledding, you're taking your life in your hands right now.....hehehe.

el_barto
its all melted sad

Fire
world economy will rise again, as it always does, and well about bush let's hope he loses against kerry

Korri
i guess thats just the way it is messed

Trinity_Matrix
I could not agree with you more...

(yes, I'm VERY happy about the fact that I'm now old enough to vote)

Heh, right now here by Chicago the weather warmed up on Saturday enough to melt some of the snow and then snowed again yesterday, so everything's a layer of ice covered by a small layer of snow.

Gundark
Don't blame me, I voted for Ross Perot.

Hmmm....guess that really doesn't hold water anymore....

Trinity_Matrix
Yeah, not really...

Gundark
I forgot who I voted for before that....maybe I could blame that guy.

DracotheDragon
The society of today is the world's problem.

rusky
Yes, and no... the society as a whole is led blindly on by those that pull the strings..

As for Bush, he just migh get rellected...u never know...sad

Fire
true, but I hope not

and society as a whole well it has been said by many and it might be true, we are in a period (might be for a while) of transition Sciences, Society and so many other things are evolving rapidly from the past to something new, I think subcontiously this scares ppl

Pingu
Yeah no doubt after 50 re-counts or something...

silver_tears
I will just point out the title should be plural yes
Problems

rusky
Probably yes, Until now we had experienced most things that needed laws to make sure people didn't go over the top, but recently (last 10 years) with the fast evolution of science, new laws must appear, and unfortunatley, most laws appear only after something bad has happened..

Pingu
Yes and its too little too late quite often! sad

Hypochristian
The problem is that people are stupid! WHEEE!! Happy Dance

rusky
Yup...I mean....look in the mirror.. What the f**k?

Hypochristian
Yea, but when I do all is see is you, Ruski!

rusky
great...give me one of those video conference mirrors any time..
Really now, have u nothing better to do than mess around here ? Why don't u try posting something u actually thought a little about before..

Hypochristian
Okay, here's what I really think! The people that pull the strings of this world just want to prove they are really powerful so they make everybody else miserable to prove their point. People like power. And no matter what people may think, the government(s) are really dictatorships run by the few. And those few, in turn, are power hungry bizzzatchiz that like power... See? I can think! Happy Dance

Dexx
well, that's why people under 13 aren't allowed on the boards...because they're not amture enough to run a decent conversation.
i advise hypocrisian to NOT eat the bright colored cereals, because they damage the brain, hence the comments..wink

Hypochristian
I'm 15, jackass! Happy Dance

silver_tears
did he mention your age jackass roll eyes (sarcastic)
he said not to pump yourself full of sugar thumb up good advice

BackFire
Because it's the apocolypse and we're all going to die.

Hypochristian
I'm really sick of you! Shut up and mind your own business, if that's possible for someone with no life!!! I block you bizzatch! Wheeee! Happy Dance

rusky
Ok.. this is an improvement...finally a coherent reply from you, see it's not that hard smile

Ppl, stop attacking him..let's try to work toghether, ok ? No point in pouring gas on the fire right ?

Hypochristian
Wow... thank you, rusky! Your the first one to stand up for me... Wheee! Happy Dance

Dexx
he'll get over it smile

sugar free, definitely!..and no valium for you either...for life

WindDancer
Relax there is no need to call ST or any other board member names. Just stick to the topic.

rusky
c'mon Dexx, I'm sure we can have an inteligent conversation, right ?
right Dexx ? no expression

Hypochristian
I like people like you, Dexx! It's people like you that are so easy to make fun of... seriously though, I'm not a caffine addict! I'm more just naturally crazy! That's what you get from a childhood of torture and abuse I guess... mild insanity! I don't care if your unamused by me, but there's really no reason to be such a jerk, so cut the jackassery before I cut it for you! Happy Dance

Fire
okie everyone chill the hell down, no reason to go off and start offending ppl

Trinity_Matrix
Let's try to stay on topic, okay people?

I think one of the biggest problems with the world today is that a lot of people are afraid of change, and don't always see the positive sides of the changes, only the negative.

el_barto
ok like i said before NO FIGHTING!

silver_tears
I think the main problems are stupidity, greed, and superiority roll eyes (sarcastic)

kalantiaw
what is the world's problem... first off: lack of tolerance. we live in one place: earth... we need to learn how to live together. secondly: power. to quote lotr "... and 9 rings were given to the race of men, who above all else desired power". and what do men with power want..? MORE power. and how do you get more power..? WAR. the invasion of another sovereign state. this is how the romans did it. this is how the spaniards did it. this is how the nazis did it.

world peace is far from happening. there are 6 billion men on this planet. no 2 think alike... you do the math...

Nimfus
i kinda agree, but all the atempts to take over the world or even a part of it have failed
sometimes war brings good thing
ike the freedome for wimen of iraq and stuff like that

kalantiaw
either that or the division of a country, ie. korea. war brings out a lot of things, mostly bad. death, suffering and all that comes with it. wars will come and go as the wind blows on. what the outcome will, only time can tell...

Lord Soth
What about me?! I made a whole thread saying how great you were mad laughing

The world's problem is simple: The religious. Before all you people who don't like my opinions start up again, I'm going to give you my full view. I have absolutely NO problem with belief in a higher power, whateever you may call it. I have a problem with what people in the name of said power. For instance, The Bible, Torah, Qu'ran; none are accurate or true. Nothing that they teach came from any higher power. These 'holy' books were written by bigoted mankind. But anyway, to my point.

The religious, with their 'righteousness and truth,' have poisoned our way of thinking. It can drive us to war, controversy, political massacre, actual massacre . Religion causes no end of problems.

beastnpyro
well... i aint sure bout the dumb ass president... but well.. i think... the worlds biggest prob would be.... uh... therer too much ass holes and bitches around.... theyre sooo over populated!

pixie1
Lord Soth -The world's problem is simple: The religious. Before all you people who don't like my opinions start up again, I'm going to give you my full view. I have absolutely NO problem with belief in a higher power, whateever you may call it. I have a problem with what people in the name of said power. For instance, The Bible, Torah, Qu'ran; none are accurate or true. Nothing that they teach came from any higher power. These 'holy' books were written by bigoted mankind. But anyway, to my point.

The religious, with their 'righteousness and truth,' have poisoned our way of thinking. It can drive us to war, controversy, political massacre, actual massacre . Religion causes no end of problems.

i agree Religion makes people focus on the things that are diffrent about us instead of the things that are the same, Religion should bring us together but it doesnt.

Raz
Leave politics out of this (i.e. presidents) and this can remain open.

rusky
Ooooh...early warning from raz smile

WindDancer
This so far is the best answer. *stands up and applauds*

Fire
it aint because ppl disagree that we will never get world peace, if you take a look at history, say the last 200 years, you will notice that mankind in general has increased'the time and money spent on: Avoiding war, Helping third world countries, keeping the planet safe, making it a better place and so forth...

I am not saying the world is a great place or anything like that what I do think is that the world is "slowly" evolving into a better world

WindDancer
Our world is evolving faster than before. So are the weapons, and the technology behind them. Since the discoveries of the Mahantan project the world has become very unsafe. I support disarmament, but certain Nations refuse to do it (N.Korea). The politicians of those nations need to realize that their weapons are a threat to our world. Disarmament nukes policies should be re-inforce by the UN.

Fire
well not only N korea

the US and Russia still have the biggest amounts of WMDs

WindDancer
True, and that is why I keep saying the UN needs to be more enforceable to those nations that break any WMD treaty.

Linkalicious
1. the US president is dumb...but he's an ass kicker
2. the world economy sucks because the US doesn't wanna share the secret of success to the other countries.

yerssot
read what raz posted again: NO politics

rusky
There is no secret of succes... It's just carefull use of available power that has led the us to become even more powerfull..however, the people behind this are still a mystery to me..

finti
religion

'chelle
the problem is ppl dont give a crap about anything but themselves

rusky
hmm....it's a way of puting it..

Fire
well unless all nations dismantle their WDM's the world would be a bit safer, but I don't see that happening, I also think that the UN security council should be redesigned

rusky
The entire UN should be rethought.. The UN should have absolute power over ALL countries... unlike what happened with the recent iraq war..

'chelle
The UN is pretty pointless

rusky
In it's current state, yes..

yerssot
sounds like a dictatorship to me

Fire
actualy the UN has some power, just not in political area's but other organisations who are part of the UN are big successes.
having all countries gouverned by the UN would idd be a dictatorship

rusky
not if it's carefully thought-out...

Jamief90
Capitalism is biggest problem with the world.

Fire
it will still be a dictatorship rusky, but I agree with you that the UN needs more power.

Jamie capitalism also has advantages

yerssot
as long as the security-council has veto powers and the same countries keep their seats there all the time, it's as undemocratic as it gets
a democratic system is that the majority of the votes counts, NOT that one says it can't and the soft law or whatever doesn't pass

WindDancer
The thing with Capitalism that if it is not moderated correctly it can cause an unbalance society. But you are right to a certain extend. Money has been call the root of all evil before.

Lord Soth
Religion! Read the ESSAY on page 3!

WindDancer
Yeah that's not bad Lorth Soth, but you also have to acknowledge the contribution which Religion provides. For example the missions in the Skid rows (sorry for using that word) of many countries. What do you find there? Religious man helping those less fortunate. So in a certain way religion does help humanity.

Julie
we live in a fallen world...and no leader is perfect...but so far....the pres has done a fair job

Jamief90
So do communism and fascism!

Lord Soth
Very few diamonds in a whole lot of rough

Nimfus
Religion is just another type of control coz it has more rules that you have to obay or you will go to "hell"
then go and figure if it exists or not
i agree with Lord Soth religion causes more problems than it fixes

Nimfus
by the way communism was a good idea
it meant that everyone would work and insted of money they would recieve what they need
so its no longer a problem of money and you not being able to buy food all you have to do is find a job and you can have anything you want

the failure was in people - they just didnt want to work or they didnt care about the way they do their work

if you create GOOD communism in a country then you eliminate 2 problems
the poor and the dool(forgot the word for the people who dont work)

Fire
communism indeed, but fascism?

yerssot
fearing what they don't know wink

kalantiaw
the UN members are world leaders... they have power. and to prevent each other from gaining too much pwer, they adapted "veto" power. you think all the world leaders would want to answer to one and one alone? everybody wants a degree of control. this is why the UN is gonna stay how it is.

WindDancer> thanks man thumb up

WindDancer
No problemo kalantiaw happy......................What did I do? huh

kalantiaw
eek! embarrasment smile

Im_Fuzzy
the worlds problem is this every one is STUPID!

EDIT: yes even the ones that seem smart

Nimfus
so you are pretty much saying that all of us are stupid too ha???

u cant say that. there are a few quite smart people out there

if you change your coment to everyone in the parlament are stupid then i would agree otherwise NO no

SK88728
well, i'm not afraid to say i'm stupid, 1.6667 GPA your freshman 1st semester is not good, damn hw.

deegr8rebel
the problem is america and that retart idiot of Bush! Saddam is also the problem and so is china I say they have to go to fuken HELL!

YAYA RULEZ YA SUCKERS!

deegr8rebel
Phack Bush and those americans that support that SHITZNET!!!!! Is all about the PUNKER THAT GETS HIS MUSIC TOGETHER! If it wasnt for PUNK THIS WORLD IS SHITZ!!!!!!!!!

Lord Soth
I think ^ is the world's problem right now

Fire
CALM DOWN OR THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED

Nimfus
oi deegr8rebel, and probably the rest of you
have you seen bawling for colombine???
its a documantary - pretty good
it shows America in a diferent way and in some way explains the way things are.
eg. most countries death from firearms is below 500
in America it over 11,000
Y - legalised guns
they see that but refuse to do anything about it
that is the wolds biggest problem
IGNORING THE OBVIOUS.

WindDancer
That film was made by Michael Moore, and to be honest he has the right idea, but the wrong way of conducting an interview. The way he was addressing Charles Heston in his home was ridiculous. Charles is in his home, he invites that blob of Moore, and then Moore starts to ask a few irrelevant questions to Charles. So Charles leaves him, and Moore continues to talk like some babblin idiot to himself. Honestly Moore might be a liberal, but he is not a good interviewer.

Now just to clear things up, I do support Charles Heston, and I think he is the best the NRA has got. Gun control laws must be re-inforce, but to banned guns?? No I don't agree with that.

Nimfus
ok forget abot who is the better interviewer ok..
and if you dont want gun controll than make bullet controll
if each bullet cost like 5000 you would think twice before you shoot someone
and the person that you shoot would have to do something really bad, no extremely bad to get 50,000 worth of bullets in his head.
also taken from the documentary
told by a comedian... dont quite remember who it was

and WildDancer give me one good reason why should guns stay legalised???

el_barto
wow this thread grew real popular REAL fast

The Omega

rusky
Ah..yes..

Why not ?

WindDancer
rusky, Nimfus> Yes I support gun control, but to banned guns? No, is part of the American constitution: Article A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What I don't aprove is the irresponsibility of those people who own guns, and they don't have locks for the triggers. Also those indivudials that own a gun which is not registrated should receive HEAVY legal punishment by the courts in the USA. Bullets regulations might work if the Gun shops owners put a restriction on sales (But yeah right! They don't want because it will affect their business)

Besides Guns aren't the only thing that kill people. There are other types of weapons which are harmful. Should we banned kitchen knives for being sharp?

It comes down to this: You own a gun it is YOUR responsibility to keep it safe! You shoot someone in self defense? The courts will decide that, not the gun makers.

rusky
Well yes, but this "right to bear arms" has lead to a steady availability of guns, allowing small children to get ahold of one much easier than in other countries.. And really now.. I don't think u'd see a guy who just machine-gunned 50 peolpe in a school go an knife them all to death..he prolly couldn't either..

WindDancer
Is like I said before "If you own a gun it is YOU who is responsible for keepin the gun safe" Anyone that purchases a gun must be required to have the trigger lock. It is horrible when you hear cases in which a child carries a gun. But you have to remenber that it comes down to the resposibility of the parents. When the dad or mom own a gun they have to make sure the trigger lock is on. The key should be protected just like your car keys or your house key.

The Omega

Fire
The americans should seriously start to change some things mentioned in their constitution

Im_Fuzzy
100!

WindDancer
The Omega> You said exactly what I believe in "Gun Control", and with gun control comes the resposibility of the owner. I goin to repeat what I already said before "If you own a gun it is YOU who is responsible for keepin the gun safe". To me gun control means a registration, a permit, and a trigger lock among many things that should be impose when purchasin a weapon. Now I'm glad that your country is doin a fine job of keepin the rate down on deaths by guns.

Yes the American Constitution was written in times of colonization. That's why Amendments are made to the constitution. Now what is the cause of so many deaths in the US by guns? Illegal possession of guns! There a thousands and many thousands of illegal unregistrate guns in the US. That is why deaths by guns are higher.

You ask me "How can you want guns legalised but not drugs????" the reasons I don't want drugs legalize is because of the huge posibility of Capitalism exploitation if drugs are legalize. I made some points in that other thread. Remenber my Tobacco example? When I speak of guns I'm refering to guns that are registrate. Illegal possesion of guns is something which "I don't support" in anyway. Registrate guns "yes", but guns that are not registrate "no".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.