Deja vu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kiwi Leia
I dont know if anyone has asked about this, but I would like to know what everyones view is on Deja vu???????
And has anyone ever experienced it?????

Ratcat
Ya know, I could have sworn you said that before... wink laughing out loud

mechmoggy
I saw that coming RC. laughing out loud

Ratcat
Yep. like a frieght tarin down the tracks.... wink

Texas
Deja Vu occurs when one of your eyes sends information to the brain faster than the other eye. Or atleast that's what I've heard

yerssot
it exists,
not only deja vus, but also the ones where you or someone else can bet his money on that it's the future...

Edna Witch
Oh yeah get it all the time. Or atleast i used to when i was younger. Don't remember having experienced it for a while though now. And did you know it can also be a symptom of temperal lobe epilepsy? Just my useful medical fact for the day!

Kiwi Leia
I always think when I have it, that Im where Im meant to be. I mean especially if I dreamed it in the past and it happens, well Im playing out my life the way Im meant to.......

Edna Witch
Hmmm well i prefer not to think my life is predestined myself. It's MY life and I will do with it what I please!

Kiwi Leia
Yea thats fair enough.

Ushgarak
It certainly is.

ToMacco
I never have Deja Vu

Kane_Starkiller
I looked at Texas' icon and felt genuinely shit scared. I looked again, and felt shitted up again.

Does that count as Deja Vu?

Texas
cool My Avatar is sooo kewl cool

cool My Avatar is sooo kewl cool
Wow, I just had Deja Vu wink

Kiwi Leia
You guys arent taking the mickey out of my thread eh?
I was trying to be serious about it all!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
sorry Leia, but keeping a thread ontopic for more then one page is already impressif around here

mechmoggy
Unless of course you've titled it, "the no topic thread", cus then its always gonna be on topic, if you see what I mean. confused

yerssot
that's the local hangout thing of queeq already

Ushgarak
There have been two off-topic topics over time.

finti
I feel like I have written this reply before confused

mechmoggy
I saw that coming Finti. laughing out loud

Wow, major deja vu then. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain REX
I've had Deja Vu. Man it's annoying when it's in the same place most of the time: walking home from class. On the way past the library I feel too much like it's happened. And I have Deja Vu even in my dreams! It's weird.

finti
and since you pass this library every day there is a chance it has happened roll eyes (sarcastic)

mechmoggy
Crazy fool! roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
By the way dejavu in your dreams, that is impossible

Texas
How would you know?! Your not a Deja Vu expert! stick out tongue

finti
dejavu is the experiense of feeling an event or that just happened have happened to you before. It is a perfect example on how fast the brain can work.
Dreaming though is still a mystery, they try to study it but its hard to make analysys of it.

Texas
OK, self proclaimed Pope of Deja Vu, Finti! stick out tongue

finti
Master of the Universe if I may be so bold big grin

Ushgarak
Uhhh... that's a very bold thing to say; that we don't understand dreams but DO understand deja vu; 'bold' as in 'rubbish'.

Deja Vu is perfectly possible in dreams.

Captain REX
I'll dream something sometimes and then it'll happen the next day. Also, the same people pass me a lot as I pass that same spot.

Kiwi Leia
I have had alot of dreams that have come true. Some the next day, some up to a year later, its so weird.
THe dreams make no sense at the time, but make sense at the time when it happens

finti
The illusion of having already experienced something actually being experienced for the first time. Or the
impression of having seen or experienced something before.
This is dejavu.
You might have a dream about having a deja vu experienced, but this dream is very likely based on an resent dejavu feeling/experience you had during the day or night before you went to sleep.

LanceWindu
Actually it is possible. Nearly everytime I am sick I get a dream all about weird sized proportions and everything is changing really fast, like if you're stoned. But the dreams are always different, but they are strangely the same all together.

finti
that is not deja vu though, one can have the same dream repeated over and over again.

LanceWindu
But they are not the same dreams. They just feel alike.

Captain REX
Hmm, that sounds weird. I once had a dream that my friend's crush started smoking. I had this dream in 5th grade, but it looked like his crush was 15-16 in the dream. I hope this isn't Deja Vu!

LanceWindu
Did your friends crush start to smoke? If so you may be s psychic. eek!

finti
No Rex that aint dejavu its just a dream that just might happen to become reality. Wish for dreaming the lottery numbers that might be something. big grin

Captain REX
That would be useful. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Finti, deja vu is NOT a precisely defined term. It is simply a broad term for the feeling that something you are currently experiencing is something you have already experienced.

This is as possible in dreams as anywhere else. I have personally experienced such dream deja vu several times, so what you say does not impress me at all.

Captain REX
Example Ush?

Texas
Finti is behaving like an out of control Deja Vu diva! stick out tongue
*giggles*

finti
Well Ush i dont give a rats ass if I dont impress you,
"The illusion of having already experienced something actually being experienced for the first time. Or the impression of having seen or experienced something before". This is the defenition on a deja vu at least where I looked it up. Impressive or not

mechmoggy
Oh dear, this nice thread has gone all nasty.

I understand what Finti is saying but I also get what Ush is saying also, it's a dream and there's no rules there so you could have a feeling that you've done something before when in reality you haven't. But thats also true with conscious deja vu also, as you can feel it at a completely inappropriate time like a 1st visit to somewhere......... and now I'm beginning to confuse myself with the possibilites. confused

finti

mechmoggy
Yeah but when an old episode of Friends comes on you don't say, "oooh deja vu", you'd say, "bloody hell I've seen this like 4 times already". The term deja vu is usually used when you get that feeling and it couldn't have happened before.

finti

ToMacco
I don't have a dictionary in front of me, so I can't look it up. Anyway, I don't think there is a real definiton Deja vu.

I think it's when you have a feeling you've done something before. Whenever I have it, I don't have any idea where I'd felt it before (in dream or reality).

finti
Well there is a defenitoin of deja vu and it has been posted.

Dim
I think it's the subconious recognition of patterns that take the form of a false memory.

ToMacco
sad That's scary Dimmy. Don't talk like that. sad embarrasment eek! sad wink

finti
wow Dim you are really deep sometimes. But yeah, very much that rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
laughing out loud Yeah, put its scary the way she put it.

recognition of false memories. . . Next time I have Deja vu, I'm gonna shit myself.

Dim
Hehehehe (my plan is working!!)
*goes back to reading "How to Implant False Memories by Dr. queeq"*

finti
mind tricks dont work on me, Hey where have I heard something like that before? maybe a dream roll eyes (sarcastic) ..or.........

ToMacco
Deja vu gave me 'the willies' before. . . but I was never frightened of it until now. sad rolling on floor laughing

Dim
Yes that's right fint..Watto said that to you on Tatooine..right?

finti
to me??????? I thought it was qui gon??????????????

Dim
Okay..we can work with that.

finti
OKAY

Ushgarak
Finti, your definition in absolutely no way rules out deja vu in dreams. You ca have the illusion of having experienced something before while dreaming. It is easy.

I have experienced in dreams; my best friend did a psychology course in which an entire section was about deja vu in dreaming.

You are simply plain wrong.

Captain REX
You still haven't given us an example of your Deja vu, Ush.

Ushgarak
What sort of example do you WANT, Rex?

While I have been dreaming I have experienced deja vu. What more do you need to know?

Texas
Yeah Finti, your wrong! stick out tongue
That's what you get for being a dead beat deja vu diva! stick out tongue

Edna Witch
what the hell is a deja vu diva?

Texas
Finti!
He thinks he knows everything there is to know about deja vu!
He's right and your wrong. It's his way or the highway!
Typical diva behavior, thus ItNif is the boards official deja vu diva! stick out tongue
And it sounds really camp and girly like evil face
stick out tongue rolling on floor laughing stick out tongue

Oooo, I just noticed you said hell! That's really divaish! Your the diva with smashing pumpkins! eek! evil face

Captain REX
Texas is the Disturbing Avatar Diva. big grin

Texas
rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
Why is blood coming out of her mouth? Did she bite off her tounge? It would improve her singing evil face stick out tongue stick out tongue

finti
What a surprise that it is USH who tells someone is wrong.roll eyes (sarcastic)
Well Ush even if your friend did a study on it deja vu in dreaming other scientist and Phd really dissagree on this point. Some argue for it, as your friend studied, and others say that is a lot of crap and divide deja vu and dreaming into two totally different sections.
So what I said was just the one side of the arguement which I belive is the right one.
And Tex I just died laughing
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

And you said you experienced deja vu while dreaming Ush, so tell me this. When did you realise you had a deja vu while dreaming.

Dim
Since when did we become serious about something like Deja Vu???

finti
When ever it gives room for an argument. evil face

Dim
Okay..let me know when we get to arguing about the color of lint roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

finti
so what is the color of lint besides green big grin

Dim
Green??? weird Norwegian lint..

Mines always blue or red..AMERICAN lint.. big grin

finti
No, they are yellow

Dim
Only when I wash my bananas..

finti
the green bananas

Dim
Huh?..noooooooo..yellow!

finti
also green ones.. and brown ones

Dim
But you should throw those away..or maybe make banana bread Yum!

finti
not the green ones eek!

Dim
Okay..not the green ones..but I'm impatient..

queeq
Now, what are we gonna do with you then.... Make you wait a bit longer? evil face

Dim
Cruel cruel man..

finti
he is

mechmoggy
Okay, I speed read the last twenty posts and I assume we're talking about a deja vu experiance someone had about belly button lint that was the colour of banana's. Am I close?

finti
i dont know, are you?

mechmoggy
To the edge, yes. stick out tongue

Gundark
I find most of my lint is blue. And its some very fine lint, let me tell you.

I experience deja vu all the time. I have some of the same dreams I've had before too. Not exactly a repeat, but very similar situations.

finti
the one were I become the 44th president of the USA.

Gundark
who were you running against ? laughing out loud

finti
Bush and Quale big grin

Gundark
Oh yes, potatoE....

finti
yes, and devaluation insted of deflation of prices big grin

Texas
Finti has deja vu dreams where he's Laura Bush, taking out green lint from Budya's belly button and eating it! stick out tongue

yerssot
so basicly he can still drink wink

LanceWindu
Have you ever felt like you were doing the same thing that you did days before? And the same people are near you? Is that Dela Vu or just a coincidence?

Julie
Deja Vu is a bit of a disturbing or odd feeling. You feel like you've done something again.....hence Deja Vu.

finti
no that is called work big grin

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

Ain't that the truth.

Captain REX
Or school.

Captain REX
I had a Deja Vu experience today. I was riding along a bike path with my dad and we passed a baseball field. I've never ridden on that path before, but I felt like I've seen it. *Starts to shiver*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.