How did Arwin choose her mortal life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash007
ok i know Arwin chose a mortal life but what i want to know how she did it? Does she just have to think it?

The same question goes to Elronds Brother Elros who also choose a mortal life all i want to know how they do it??

Camellia
Well, what they did was get a top hat, and in it, right on 50 pieces of paper "Immortal" and on another 50 "Mortal" - she picked it out of a hat!!!

No? Ok, sorry - in a funny mood!

Darth Revan
Every half-elf decides that at some point in their life. I don't think they can just think it, because they probably think about it a lot. I'd guess that they have to tell another elf or something.

Kitoky
Ask Tolkien wink

ash007
man i wish he was alive he left so many questions answerd

conway
dont u mean UN answered? lol

Candy
*lol* i reckon he answered many, too laughing

ash007
opps my dyslexia seems to be playing up again embarrasment

I did mean he left alot of unanswered

They probley have to do some wired task or something

who knows

Discos
erm, I thought it was she simply decided to bail from going to the Un-Dying lands,

ash007
yeah but she became mortal because she died a year after Aragon died

Discos
yes I know, seeing as she didnt go to the undying lands, she became immortal.

in ROTK when Elrond notices Arwens hand are cold he goes onto say the live of the vala is leaving her (no idea if that statement is correct but something has left her which bassically means she is not immortal)

shadowy_blue
It was, "The life of the Eldar is leaving you. " wink

Eldar is another word for Elves. Arwen is not a Vala. big grin

shadowy_blue
For the topic, I think it's just something like Arwen choosing to have a mortal life and then Eru who heard what her choice is will make her a mortal since that's her wish and she has that advantage of a choice. So, when Aragorn died, some years later, Arwen died too.

In general, for those half-elven who were given the benefit to choose between immortality and mortality, they (Arwen, Elladan, Elrohir, Elrond, Elros) just have to choose what they want then Eru will grant it for them and the rest is history. They will start to age, though their lives will still be longer than a common mortal, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it will change their physical appearance, they will not lose their pointy ears, etc.

Just to clarify, what I said were not officially stated by Tolkien (if they were, then YAY!!), but they're just my 2 cents. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.