Mobb Deep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

total metalhead
im not a big fan of hip hop, but Mobb Deep are frickin brilliant. my brother got me into them a while back, and i just cant stop listening to them. The Infamous is virtually perfect, Survival Of The Fittest and Shook Ones are the best songs. i dont like some of their newer stuff, but they're old stuff is classic. they keep my faith in rap.

anyone else like em?

HockeyHorror
WHAT THE ****. I LOVE YOU TOTAL METALHEAD. AND YOU MENTIONED SHOOK ONES!

AND YES THEIR NEW STUFF IS TOTAL CRAP sad BUT OLDER STUFF IS BRILLIANT

HockeyHorror
lol

total metalhead
lol...thanx hock

Shook Ones is such a mind blowing song, the beats just mesmerize me, Havoc and Prodigy...no one can flow like them, and they're perfect on Shook Ones. they sound angry, but depressed at the same time. after listening to that, G Unit, D12 etc...they just sound laughable.

HockeyHorror
lol^ true

but honestly i've heard ALOT better than Mobb Deep.

Jedi Mind Tricks
CunninLynguists
DemiGodz

yes i have heard better groups. smile

total metalhead
well i can honestly say i have absolutely no clue who those people are smile sad

the only hip hop i listen to: Mobb Deep, Outkast, X-Ecutioners, Biggie, Xzibit and Wu Tang's old stuff.

from a hip hop experts point of view, is that a good or bad list?

HockeyHorror
its very good smile

songs i recommend from the list

CunninLynguists- 616 Rewind, Lynguistics, Rain (Rain was best song in 2003 for hip hop) These guys are good cuz they barely cuss and they lyrics and beats are tight.

Jedi MInd Tricks- I Against I (very good song) and Blood In Blood Out. Very much like CunninLynguists.

total metalhead
oh wait i have heard of Jedi Mind Tricks. they did a collaboration with X-Ecutioners yes

omg i just downloaded Rain...im listening to it now, its amazing!!! the beats are seamless...

i like this bit (i might type it wrong)

I can't even cry my tears are dry
that's why it's thundering hard out tonight and it's dark and cold
because the angels can hear me cry and it's all in my soul

very good yes

HockeyHorror
yea thats it^

smile

Cinemaddiction
You should get "Funkmaster Flex: Vol 1.". There's a Mobb Deep track on there, and i think it was actually "Survival of the Fittest" over an intrumental version of Wu Tang Clan's "Wu Tang Clan Ain't nothin' to **** with".

I've been a Mobb Deep fan since 1995. I had no clue they were still together. Now only if Das Efx would regroup. Anything before "Gernation EFX" is classic. Thats about the time they gave up the whole "iggidy" gimmick, for straight up rapping.

Here's a piece of "From Brooklyn to T-Neck"

Speak of the devil, figgity-**** the dumb shit, it's over
soldier, I riggity-roll just like a bulldozer
I'm kniggity-knockin butts and smokin blunts that's my slogan
Check it, I wriggity-wreck more heads than Hulk Hogan
No jokin, I be's the, um, best at how I'm speakin
I riggity-rock a show and pack em in like Puerto Ricans

Oh my gawd..I feel like I am back in high school. Kazaa, here I come.

Darth Quagmire
wow,u guys are late.

the infamous is classic.i was bumpin that when it first came out.

could care less about em now.

total metalhead
actually we've liked them for years, and i just decided to make a thread about em. im sorry if ive offended you in some way. obviously because they are old, we should all shun them. you are wise.

Darth Quagmire
what the hell are you talkin about??

you're gettin overly defensive over nothing man

obviously you're the one offended,sorry for that

i was just saying that the infamous is classic.i dont know where all the crap you said came from

relax bro

total metalhead
sounds very much like your saying that we've only just heard of Mobb Deep

you dont like them 'now'. your basically saying you dont like them cos they're in the past.

metal face
hahahahahahaha

hockey is on cunn's nuts now?

hilarious

Darth Quagmire
dont tell me what i meant

i know what i meant

and i meant that i dont like their new stuff because its weak.not because its old.sorry,i'm not a poser unlike the people you must be thinkin about.i dont dislike things just because they're old

HockeyHorror
MF y u against me man?

total metalhead
i have Kill It on so loud right now i honestly cant hear myself think big grin

HockeyHorror
lol

im listenin to MF Doom- Saliva

great song

MF D00m
Everything by Doom is classic.

HockeyHorror
I LOVE THIS GUY LOL WELCOME TO KMC!!!

total metalhead
sad but you said you loved me first.

not that im jealous or anything whistle

HockeyHorror
LMAO

i take everything back...i hate all of you.

total metalhead
thumb up thats fine by me. if i cant have you, nobody can yes

total metalhead
i think i'll just shut up now.

HockeyHorror
big grin
big grin

mah
I love MF DOOM like nobody's business. King of rhymes.

HockeyHorror
mah> why he change his name soo many times? i heard now its just Doom. he took out the MF. same with MF grimm. now its just Grimm and DOom.

MF D00m
mf doom gos by a lot of names

MF Doom(obviously)
Doom
King Ghidra(more of a different personality)
Viktor vaughn(again,more of a different personality)
Metal Face
Metal Fingers

MF Doom is his strictly mc personality
Viktor Vaughn is an mc who go's back in time
Metal Fingers is his producing name
and fans of godzilla who have heard "take me to your leader" know what King Ghidra is all about

As for grimm he started out MF Grimm(Mad Flows Grimm), but now go's as GM Grimm(Grand Master Grimm).He says he changed his name because he felt it was time for a change.Grimm is amazing.He has one of the illest flows around not to mention 50 Cent aint got shit on him.50 Cent isn't in a wheelchair like Grimm is and can learn a thing or two from grimm.Just because you've been shot doesn't mean your the toughest guy around.If that's the case,then grimm is.Glad to see Grimm out of prison and making music again.Just got his new cd,a huge fan of grimm so i like it a lot.

MF D00m
Operation Doomsday is not only one of my favorite albums of all time, but just plain one of the best albums of all time.

HockeyHorror
isn't it king geedorah? well close enough.

yea i've seen godzilla movies. King Geedorah is the 3 headed creature.

MF D00m
If you're talking about MF Doom, he spells it "King Ghidra".For obvious reasons.

HockeyHorror
when i check some of his lyrics off the net its spelled King Gheedorah or something like that wait ill check and post back later

MF D00m
It was "geedorah" but he was told to change it.He also got in trouble for the Special Herbs artwork.

MF D00m
What do you think his best albums are?

Here are mine in order:

Operation Doomsday
Vaudeville Villain
Take Me To Your leader

If you don't have all three then you don't know Doom because they're all amazing!

Aside from his side projects of course

Can't wait for "MMM Food"

and his other classics of course

KMD "Mr. Hood"
KMD "Black Bastards"
Monsta Island Czars "Escape From Monsta Island"
all of the "Special Herbs" series
and the soon coming "madvillain madvillainy"

i can't wait for Madvillain!!!!!!!

HockeyHorror
IMO it's either Operaction Doomday or Vaudeville Villain...but most of his albums are pure classic. Ima say Doomsday was better.

mah
I got 'em all. Vaudeville Villain: fantastic rhymes, doom's best lyrics ever. Take me to your leader: doom's by far best beats ever. operation doomsday: lovely mix. Doomsday is probably my favourite, BUT

Mmm...Food will be the best. I'm hoping and believing that that one will own everything.

XxlilmamaXx504
i am a new member . Can someone tell me how dou put pic on

HockeyHorror
sorry new guy cant help but go to News and Questions forum

i really liked the song Saliva- MF DOom(Viktor Vaughn) (produced by RJD2)

total metalhead
oh i dont understand my own thread anymore sad

HockeyHorror
sad
big grin

total metalhead
yo hock whats your opinion on The Pharcyde? i like them. not the best lyrically but their chilled out yes

MF D00m
I know you didn't ask me, but the pharcyde is GREAT.Fatlip has some dope lyrics and they're funny as hell.Bizarre ride will ALWAYS be one of my all time faves.I have all of their releases but none of them came close to bizarre ride.too bad they kicked fatlip out and then broke up.I can't wait for Fatlip's solo though.

HockeyHorror
i second what MF D00m said

total nettlehead
im becoming a hiphop conniseur cool

HockeyHorror
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.