What, no Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
If anakin had never been discovered on tatooine would palpatine still have managed to get himself into such a powerful position or would the jedi have defeated him?

yerssot
sure, the Naboo thing still had to go on, but what did Tatooine do? NOTHING
The hyperdrive leaked, that was all, without that no Tatooine in the picture, meaning no Vader...

Just more clones to kill them all

Ushgarak
This depends. I rather think Palpatine COULD have done it anyway, otherwise Vader's position as ultimate hero is very tenuous- no point saving the Galaxy if you were the one who cocked it up in the first place.

yerssot
but it was unavoidable, it's the prophecy

Ushgarak
Nothing is unavoidable.

yerssot
you can avoide Eskimos...

jedi fernando

yerssot
unlearn? won't be hard for me then

They CLAIM the Force did that... wink

Ushgarak
The Force as a guiding entity is obviously an important point.

However, free will is a vital part of the Star Wars saga! Anakin didn't HAVE to turn bad but he chose to!

Everything is NOT predetermined.

yerssot
Anakin didn't had to leave Tatooine eather

Ushgarak
Indeed

yerssot
Jedicouncil could all be sith

jedi fernando
"The Force as a guiding entity is obviously an important point.

However, free will is a vital part of the Star Wars saga! "

totally agree with you!!

Ushgarak
Good! Looks like we are all agreed then.

ToMacco
I think Obi-wan would have eventually kicked Palpatines ass.

Ushgarak
Then why didn't he?

ONLY Anakin can defeat the Emperor.

yerssot
*cough*bs,bs!*cough*

jedi fernando
"only anakin can destroy the emperor"

is that true?????
i have my doubts.

i dont think he is the only one, although he IS the ONE.

anyway he needed luke to destroy him, thats what im sure of.

Ushgarak
He needed Luke to become Anakin again.

As GL had made clear, only the Chosen One can beat the Emperor. Apparently.

yerssot
woops, my post came out the same time as yours Ush, sorry

Ushgarak
I guessed you were talking to To.

yerssot
I would never dare saying that to you, brit-boy wink

sand person no. 10
what i'm trying to get at here is if say maul had stayed alive would palpatine have taken power? i think the jedi would have beaten them but vader had that something special.

Ushgarak
And I answered the point.

I say it is likely Palpatine COULD have done it without Vader- otherwise Vader's entire storyline is utterly pointless.

LanceWindu
I think that Palpy would have still gotten power and Anakin and Padme would marry have Luke & Leia and some more kids. They all grow up to become Jedi cause Palpy wouldn't have been able to hunt them down. And Anakin would still be the one to destroy the Emporer like he did in ROTJ.

Julie
Good thoughts....but it happened the way it happened.

Bantha Fodder
Darth Sideous could have found plenty of others to train in the the ways of the dark side of the force. He certainly had no problems filling Darth Maul's place.

I think that Darth Sideous's reign of terror over the universe would have been longer if not for Anakin Skywalker. Remember that it is Anakin who brings balance to the force--it is Anakin who ultimately defeats the Emperor at the end of ROTJ. Luke Skywalker is not powerful enough to destroy the Emperor, but he is crafty enough to bring out the good in Darth Vader/Anakin and inspire him to destroy the Emperor.

So really, the Star Wars saga is the story of how Anakin Skywalker brings balance to the force and defeats the Emperor. He does so unwittingly, and could not have done so without his son. So it is imperative that he defies the jedi council and breaks the jedi code to marry Padme and give her a good jedi shaggin'. It is as if Anakin goes through life lost and confused, fulfilling prophecies but never intentionally. He is at the will and mercy of the force, and although he uses the force he cannot control his own destiny. Or so it seems.

Thus, your question is the wrong one. Without Anakin, the emperor would have been more powerful and possibly invincible. It is Anakin/Vader who destroys Darth Sideous and brings balance to the force.

yerssot
like GL himself already said

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.