Less Than Jake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

total metalhead
they are THE SHIT. Gainsville Rock City is the ultimate ska song. i love them, and so should everybody cool

stinkfist462
im not a big fan of them ..

Darth Revan
I like 'em rock

PrefectRonnykin
never really liked them that much

total metalhead
shocking wah??? Less Than Jake K-I-C-K A-S-S notworthy notworthy notworthy

amlap
over rated...

total metalhead
no nope.

amlap
im sorry but they sound like every other ska/punk band around

total metalhead
huh then you really cant have listened to much ska...

PrefectRonnykin
ive only heard one song tho so i may be wrong

amlap
hahah ska lives and breaths through my veins... and if you knew anyhting bout ska you would know that less than jake is a horrible example of a good ska band.

PrefectRonnykin
how can you have a bad example of a good band geanre

amlap
no dont be fooled...they are jsut bad!

PrefectRonnykin
llllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa pointless post yet to subside

total metalhead
for your information i was brought up on classic ska. the kind back in the days of Trojan Ska. Laurel Aitken, The Riots...all that kinda stuff. i also like contempary ska like Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Mad Caddies etc. cos its more punky.

dont doubt me amlap. if theres one thing i know about, its music. ask anybody here.

amlap
still...compared to other bands of the third wave ska generation, less than jake's sound offers nothing new or interesting to the ska scene. they were jsut lucky enough to break through and make a couple bucks. they are by far NOT one of the greatest ska bands of all time, nor are they the greatest of the third wave.

total metalhead
i didnt say they were either of those things. i just said i liked them alot. you keep making assumptions.

amlap
well fair enough...im done assuming. but still i stick with LTJ is over rated!

total metalhead
good. always stick with your opinions yes

unless of course there obviously wrong.

your totally wrong about Less Than Jake

SAtown_punk
lmao!

I love Less Than Jake as well. And I can't believe you would call them overrated, but you are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that they are great. Ska is the greatest genre of music ever.

Mad Caddies are the best ska band around now, and perhaps of all time. I just can't get enough of them. But who is, in your opinion, the best ska band(s) of the "third wave"?

I also like Reel Big Fish, who, I suppose, is part of that "third wave".

amlap
i think that the bosstones are the biggest of third wave. they added the ska/core sound which was a huge influence on alot of the newer ska bands. plus they really broke into the main stream and have done alot for ska in the usa (besides the Toasters).

but if i have to pick my fav third wave band i would go with either The Pietasters or Ruder Than You!
Pietasters becuase they put on amazing live shows and they are most recently adding alot of funk and soul into their music.

Ruder Than You because they make more of a Hip Hop feel and they remind my a "head music" band, but they are ska.

SAtown_punk
I'm not a huge bosstones fan, and I just heard the Toasters and I don't really like them, either. Have you heard Leftover Crack or Choking Victim? That's good Ska-Core.

amlap
i like leftover cracks lighter stuff, more along the lines when they were Choking Victim. they are not too band, but they are considered more of a punk band. they only have horns in a few of their songs. but they are influenced by ska.

SAtown_punk
yeah. Maybe I should start listening to more Bosstones, huh?

amlap
yeah def... the greatest thing about the bosstones is that they got better as they got older... instead of the usual getting worst!

SAtown_punk
I just heard some stuff. I really do like it. I'm not quite sure why I didn't in the first place.

SAtown_punk
anyone?

SnakeEyes
I am gonna revive this thread because i just heard 2 really cool LTJ songs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.