The Darkness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
huh messed confused blink

PrefectRonnykin
I BELIVE IN A THING CALLED queer

stinkfist462
HAHAHA
i cant stand them ..

PrefectRonnykin
the guys lisp bothers the crap out of me the way he says fing insted of thing ugh

stinkfist462
AHAHA .. its true ..

PrefectRonnykin
yes you rarly find anything i say being true but hey once in a while..

amlap
can we say the second coming of QUEEN! i think these guys are hilarious... the music video is a gold

total metalhead
i hate they're music, but you gotta admit they've got a real good thing going. they're bringing back old fashioned, apparently extinct classic rock back into the mainstream, so aslong as i never have to listen to I Believe In A whatever the f**k its called, i say good on them.

amlap
maybe its jsut me, but i love that song...

PrefectRonnykin
its just you

stinkfist462
its an ok song .. but its annoying listening to the AC/DC type of guitar and shit

amlap
but AC/DC are an amazing band... plus i believe they have influences from a whole line up of great rock bands. when i listen to them i here i bit of Queen, AC/DC, the Stones, etc... granite they are not the best band. but they seems like they have an awesome live profermance.

PrefectRonnykin
as sum1 which i cant recall said "live in the now"

amlap
amengunsmilie

PrefectRonnykin
cool shades nice guns

loserib
i like th darkness the guitars are great much better then the pop punk crap mtv allways plays

steely balls
The darkness brong back glamor rock, i have their cd their other songs are pretty good very 80'sish. mtv seems to overplay i believe in a thing called love, so i see why people are sick of them. But thats only one single so far. They are very catchy. They kickassband

PrefectRonnykin
i dont watch much tv i dont have cable i have never watched mtv

stinkfist462
mtv can kiss my ass ..they ruin everything ... mad

Darth Revan
The DJ on my radio station compared them to Spinal Tap... "Brit Rock"...

total metalhead
no way...apart from the image, you cant compare The Darkness to Tap. thats like comparing Saddam Hussein to Jesus.

Darth Revan
yeah I know

SAtown_punk
"Live In The Now" (quote by PerfctRonnykin)

THAT'S COMPLETELY ABSURD! ALL THE BEST MUSIC IS IN THE PAST! There Are a few exceptions, like New Found Glory, and all the emocore bands, and Ska...the greatest genre of music ever invented. But other than that, the past has the best bands of all time. I know you like Good Charlotte a lot, but do you honestly think there would even be a Good Charlotte if The Beatles hadn't ever gotten famous? Come On!

I like The Darkness, and I like "I Believe in a Thing Called Love". I think they are talented, and if you've heard any of their other stuff, you would agree. They aren't trying to bring back Hair Metal...they are just playing what they want to play...but I wanna know something...does the singer have a machine that squeezes his balls every time he wants to hit a high note?? That insane!

loserib
as a singer i would like to say yes i do believe he has a vice grip on his balls that ****ing note he hits is insane i got killer range vocaly and i cant hit that note man

on a sidenote i dont think all good music is in the past there is just more music then ever before so its harder and takes longer to weed out what is good and what is not

mook
i think its good fun and they have some great songs.

its also a perfect antidote to the pop idol, manufactured rubbish that saturates the current music scene.

mook
in another thread you said this about good charlotte:
"personally i love them they sing from thier hearts not caring what people think about thier music"

This statement equally applies to the darkness (perhaps even more so than good charlotte.)

amlap
my take on this subject:
the darkness- adds something new to music of 2004

where Good Charlotte does nothing to improve music in anyway

plus i though Good Charlottes album "sticks and stones" was horrible... wait that was simple plan...no it was ataris... wait it was new found glory?

loserib
hahahaha good point amlap

amlap
darkness= filthy british with bad teeth, which in turn equal.... Happy Dance

SAtown_punk
Do not even begin to compare New Found Glory to Good Charlotte. NFG is an awesome band, with more creativity in Ian's stomach than in all of Good Charlotte combined.

steely balls
keep the pop punk out of this forum i don't want to listen to those arguments, they don't relate. Any who, somebody said that the darkness isn't trying to bring back the hole glamor rock thing, and their doing their own thing. well they are doing their own thing and having fun with it, the hole 80's thing is in reality a joke they are completely serious about the music, but they are having fun too. and i think it's great how they can do that alot of bands today try to hard. And tend to be really fake, and sound the same constantly.

amlap
yeah it sure as hell looks like they are having fun, which in a way is turning me towards that kind of rock and roll. jsut the other night my friends were playing (who are influenced by strokes, international noise conspiracy, rolling stones, and such...) and all i could think to my self is how much fun they are having. the new wave of grunge?

Darth Revan
I have to say I agree about them having fun... And it is new... And it's cool that they don't give a damn what people think of them... However, I read somewhere that in Britain, their album sold some insane number... Don't ask me to repeat it because I don't remember it

stinkfist462
is the number that big blink

amity75
Unique singer, 2 amazing guitar players and em, thats about it really, I've got their album and most of the songs don't really do it for me. However, their next album should be really interesting. I want to see where they go from here.

Punker69
They look weird thats all I have to say.

SAtown_punk
Something new and refreshing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.