Tragic Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue

Discos
erm, I keep forgetting his name but one of the head elves sacrificed his life to a balrog to save others.....he did come back very quickly though

shadowy_blue

shadowy_blue
Glorfindel. big grin

Discos
yep, that is the real hero

Discos
Discos - awesome!

shadowy_blue
Dude, what's so awesome 'bout that? sad That's sad...sad

Discos
lol sorry I meant it was very weird/amusing, she found out it was her brothers baby and jumped of a cliff

Discos - or perhaps just the way you typed it

shadowy_blue
LOL.. laughing But yeah, it's quite amusing for a fictional character, but really a sad and tragic story. sad

Discos
my apoligies (again),

shadowy_blue

Kitoky
Dude Beleg!

shadowy_blue
Oh, yeah. How could I forget? Beleg Cuthalion..sad He tried his best to save Turin but he ended up bein killed by his best friend, but despite that fact he still loves Turin. sad

Kitoky
Beleg's story is by far the most tragic story.

Glorfindel's the second smile

shadowy_blue
bump! stick out tongue

We need to revive the thread, and I thought this is a decent enough topic. smile

Discuss. big grin

Phoenix
Turin, Feanor, Boromir - true tragic heroes. Fatal Flaw = arrogance. They are all destined to be great leaders, but their arrogance leads to thier downfall.

Frodo - hmm... I can't see a fatal flaw... can anyone else think of one?

Cynethryth

Smodden
Beren?...

not sure about this one...i suppose he's tragic enough..erm

but he did end up ok in the end...*shrugs*

Sauron
i think theres something going on with exa i mean cyraiwillhavetolearnthislater and beleg shifty

Discos
Finglofin almost became a fallen hero till thorondor saved them

Discos - why wern't the eagles invited to the crowning of Aragorn....pfft

Sauron
fingolfin was dead

Discos
no he wasn't, he wasn't slained by Morgoth, only wounded and then his brother cut of his arm on the vice thing he was captive in and went down the cliff?

Discos - I am right or am I right stick out tongue

Cynethryth
Fingolfin! eek!
Totally forgot about him

Sad, sad, sad story... "Then he beheld (as it seemed to him) the utter ruin of the Noldor and the defeat beyond redress of all their houses, and filled with wrath and hate he mounted upon Rochallor, his great horse..."
cry

@Discos neither nor stick out tongue
But you mentioned another tragic story yes Maedhros was the poor guy with the cut-off hand wink
however 'twas his half-cousin who did it, his enemy...

laughing stick out tongue roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sauron
big grinbig grin

erm, fingolfin was dead.....im sure of it

i like the quote about the wrath in his eyes and people thinking orome had come
silly elves stick out tongue

Cynethryth
"Thus died Fingolfin, High King of the Noldor, most proud and valiant of the elven kings of old... the orcs make no boast of that duel at the gate; neither do the elves sing of it, for their sorrow is too deep"

Oooh I love quoting big grin

"Thrice he was crushed to his knees, and thrice he arose again and bore up his broken shield and stricken helm"
"yet with his last and desperate stroke Fingolfin hewed the foot with Ringil, and the blood gushed forth black and smoking and filled the pits of Grond"

stick out tongue

Sauron
i love when tolkien makes the elves sound as if they have feelings smile like when they say they hate sauron and after the war they will get a nice little place...aww its was so weet

proof melkor was a biiiiig person not just man sized.....nobody could lose that much blood in a normal sixed body and live

Agent Elrond
^true

My fgav tragic hero has got to be Finrod. He was a high-ranking elf, yet kept his oath to protect Barahir and his family (Beren), going against the general oath of the Noldor to recover the Silmarils. He was torn between serving his family, or his friend. (he chose the right one) Not only that, he was killed defending Beren. He must of had some strong connection to Beren that he was willing to sacrifice himself to someone he hardly knew. How sad was that?

ladygrim
OMG not lotr aswell i have just finished a friging essay on Hamlet and why he's a tragic hero......

Discos
erm...its a "lotr" forum ya muppet

I just finished reading the chapter of the Fall Fingolfin

ladygrim
i know i was just saying that i have nightmares over tragic heroes in hamlet now lotr is on about the bloody things.

Discos
erm nightmares? now thats crazy

I havnt had a nightmare in ages,

Discos - I even ate cheese at 2am this morning

Agent Elrond
One of the sadest chapters of the book. Fingolfin was so brave, yet foolish.

Darth Sauron
Hey man, if your gonna die, dont die by balrog, dragon or orc

Go out the best way you can
taking on the big man big grin

ladygrim
hmmmm... i dont think so

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.