whats the coolest thing about DARTH VADER?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando
i dunno...everything

yerssot
mask en voice, I think

King Jedi
His dialogue. He has some of the coolest lines ever written.

Plus his armour, mask, voice, and everything else.

ToMacco
Vader's not cool. He's a bastard that murders everyone.

TeCk-IcE
Hmmz....I think everything about him is cool......(sorry,,,,,not his face, when he has removed his helmet)

big grin

LanceWindu
Black is good on him.

The breathing is awesome too.

Julie
The breathing........the force choke is pretty appealing though. wink

LadyEowyn
i happen to like the makeup job on Darth Vader's head

Julie
What...all the white powder?????

LadyEowyn
the goriness and veins and scars! you have to give a hand to whoever did his makeup

Julie
True...I'll give them that!

LadyEowyn
although the emperor was even uglier. so i guess vader gets 2nd place for makeup

Julie
hahaha big grin ......you think that the ugliest character should get the prize for best makeup?

LadyEowyn
well they put more makeup on the emperor and he is the ugliest...wait...that doesnt make sense. i guess he'd win for ugliest closest to looking like a distorted human

Julie
Yes......lots of makeup....the guy looks a bit shrivelled and positively EVIL.....job well done by makeup dept.

LadyEowyn
i cant agree with you more on that

Julie
Thanks...that's good to know wink ........I guess the makeup dept had to be good to get Vader and the Emperor to look so old b/f their time kinda thing......Jedi212 said Vader's only supposed to be about 45 in ROTJ.

Gundark
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa". Still the coolest line in the whole saga.

master harmax
Darth Vader's MAKEUP ??!!! Sheeeshh - you gotta hand it to the girls ! Only they would bring up the topic of, all the things, Darth Vader's
MAKEUP in a thread devoted to what's cool about him.

What's cool about Vader ? " He is the chosen one, you must see ! " ( with apologies to yerss !! )

Bantha Fodder
The breathing, the voice, and of course his lines. His actions. The way he likes to choke people to death without touching them. The exposed controls on his chest...I always wondered what would happen if someone got close enough to start pushing buttons and flipping switches on Vader's suit, would it kill him? Or would he just become more tired, or better yet would he get all hopped up and intense, like he just got a shot of amphetamines?

I suppose what is ultimately cool about Vader is the mystery that surrounds him. We never get to see his face, never know how much life support he actually needs, we never know if gets laid or even has the proper organs left for sexual intercourse.

The creation of Vader was pure genius. And to think all it took was a cool voice, breathing sounds, a bitchin' suit and mask, and of course raw creativity from Lucas himself.

No CGI character from the new trilogy even comes close to being as cool as Vader. Throw out those computers and THINK about what you're doing, Lucas!

ryamathart
all that i know is i would of hated to be a high ranking imperial personnel on the destroyers he was on.

Gundark
In the novelization of "Shadows of the Empire" they say the junior officers on the Executor used to draw lots to see who had to take messages to Vader. They were that scared of him.

yerssot
I can believe that!
He has a ... special way to accept apolegies

DarthKris

yerssot
perhaps Star Wars would be better with a sadder ending?

master harmax
Vader rules ! Vader forever ! Vader for president ! cool

yerssot
after finti that is

master harmax
finti rules !! finti forever !! finti for president !! eek!

yerssot
wich will give proof everyone can get president, even ... ToMacco eek!

master harmax
ToMacco rules !!! ToMacco forever !!! ToMacco for president !!! eek! eek! eek!

yerssot
yayyyyy comunism! big grin

master harmax
Harmax rules !!!! Harmax forever !!!! Harmax for president !!!! cool

yerssot
errrrrrrrr... no big grin
I'm going first! THEN you can go for president stick out tongue

master harmax
The force is strong with you, young yerssot ... but you are not a jedi yet ! evil face

yerssot
Jedi? but I want to be a president!

master harmax
It is inevitable ... it is ..... your destiny. evil face

yerssot
me?

master harmax
U don't want to be a jedi ? evil face

yerssot
no, sith, waaaaaaay cooler! and you can choke people!

master harmax
Yes ... and u can also get cut in half and dumped down the shaft, be an OOOLLLLDDDDD man, and get your butt kicked by a 25 year old punk ! smokin'

yerssot
or you can wipe the all out if you are good enough, wich I am!

master harmax
**** Harmax yells in fright and runs to hide from Darth Yerssot !!! ***

yerssot
Darth Yerssot?
Nice tone! I like it!
Can I choke people?

master harmax
well ... except for me, lara, bg, julie and .... ush ... if he's willing to beg for his life ..... YES. big grin

yerssot
*force Chokes his tv*
This is fun! smile
Thank you harmax!

master harmax
oh my god !! what have i done !!

. eek!

well i guess this makes me the master and you the apprentice ! evil face

yerssot
Only a master of Wacko's Harmax! big grin

master harmax
I still say :

Vader rules !!!! Vader forever !!!! Vader for president !!!!

DarthKris
vader is the master...
if he was president, uuuuuhhhhhhhh
than I really didn't want to be his enemy...
maybe we should propose to bush that he should mask as vader...

yerssot
if Vader is president? Heck! I don't want to be a US citizen then! He has a special way of... accepting apolegies

DarthKris
well, but I really didn't want to be his enemy either.
maybe his daughter big grin

yerssot
to kiss Solo? go ahead

DarthKris
no problem, as long as I don't have to kiss jabba or a wookie.
but I'm goin to kiss my brother... heck...
well, maybe I'm vader himself... evil face

yerssot
you be him, I'll be Anakin stick out tongue

DarthKris

master harmax
aw heck .... i'll say it ,,,,

HARMAX RULES !! HARMAX FOREVER !! HARMAX FOR PRESIDENT !!

DarthKris
Why should you be president, harmax?

yerssot
because I'm a god cool

DarthKris
If you are a god, then I am vader.

yerssot
howdy vader, I'm wafflegod

master harmax
Hah hah hah hah !!! The 'ol waffle trick again, huh yerss ? big grin

yerssot
trick? TRICK? I AM a god! A smart one!

master harmax
Harmax bows to Yerssot, dark lord of the waffle siths ! evil face

yerssot
That's more like it!

hey! that wasn't sarcasm, was it?

master harmax
Sarcastic ? Who me ? Never !! perish the thought ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
ok, if you say so...

master harmax
U know the coolest thing about Vader ? He has no fear .... although fear leads to the dark side, and Vader is a master of the dark side ... still ... he has no fear.

yerssot
Fear of getting hit by this battlestation!

He didn't had fear, he was fear!

DarthKris
yeap...

Mujaffa
the coolest thing about vader is his prank calls

Dexx
well, i like the little red selfdistruct button on his chest controll pannel

Mujaffa
and what about te giant crack in the back of his head! someones has been there but no one would tell rolling on floor laughing

master harmax
Darth Vader was the coolest most powerful force master ( except for Yoda ) !!!!!!!!

Too bad he was a sith ! Damn he woulda been a great jedi !!

Dexx
no...not true...there are more besides Yoda who're greater than Vader.
Darth Bane....and the first sith lords. And elder Jedis too

master harmax
* Harmax calls 911 * : " Send in the EU police !!! "

Dexx
*finds opportunity to tell a story*
well it's true. Let me tellya about how the sith came to life....some of ya might already know.
The sith were actually enhabbitans of the planet sith they had great attuning with the force but they didn't know how to use it except in small parts. And they called it magic. When they made their swords they gave some of that "magic" into them so they were unbreakable and could cut thru most anything.
Meanwhile, a young jedi presents to the jedi council his new abbilities. The council immediatley tells the dark-side in them and forbidds him from doiyng it anymore. The jedi, thinking that what he did is part of the true nature of the force escapes the jedi order and somehow ends up on this planet....Sith, after gathering some followers and practicing their new skills. The sith enhabbitans thought they were gods looking at their powers. the dark jedis immediatley recognise their attuning to the force but don't train them...or somethin' like that. After one of the dark jedis get's into a fight with a sith they end up sword fighting. the jedi is amaisez to see that his lightsaber does not cut the sith's sword...and recognises the force use in buiding it. that's how they start to train 'em, teach them how to construct sabers...bla...bla.....
I memorised this story 'cause i find it important... big grin

finti
whats the coolest thing about DARTH VADER?
The entire character, but if I have to name one : his voice

Corran

Dexx
Maul's the original badass figure. vader's cool too...but...eh, not the same

Mujaffa
http://sith.maul.com/images/vader.jpg

Fire
Vader ownz he is definatly the best character in the entire OT maybe equal to yoda, but not sure, none of the characters from the new films can compete with Vader.
the cool thing is, the costum, the voice, the choking, the "capturing" blast shoots with his hand, the awesome coolness with which he captures han solo
the guy is just amazingly cool

master harmax
smokin'

Dexx
i still like Maul better.

Fire
maul woudl be force chocked to death if he ever came within a solar system of vader

Julie
probably......

Ushgarak
Nah. If it was that easy to dispose of Force-capable opponents Vader would do it rather than duelling.

Fire
yea prolly, still even in a duel maul would get his ass kicked by vader

Ushgarak
Errr... no, Maul would clearly beat the crap out of him. Vader is a cripple; the OT combatants are not up to spec, as GL has said.

Dexx
i read stuff about him. Maul is perfectly trained. I too think he would defeat Vader in a duel. He is youg, quick and even though his force attuning is not as great as vader's it would be enough

Julie
A yes, but if you think about it....anakin is younger than Maul...so by the time the two meet....Maul would be the old one

Ushgarak
That logic gets more and more amsying the further you take it... because Maul would be old and skilled, but not crippled, so more like Dooku... but then the Vader camp could argue that Maul would, in fact, be dead, which makes him loose pretty fast...

Dexx
the mind games of star wars *faints*

Corran
Vader may well be crippled due to his injuries, but Yoda cannot walk without the aid of a stick, yet when drawing on the force to assist him he is as sprightly as a young Nexu. So if Vader wanted to, if he had had more to worry about, he would be able to draw on the force to assist him in his Duel, with him being so strong in the force and having had a few more years training that in EP II I think Vader would definately whup Mauls Tattooed Butt.

Dexx
well..i think not. I'm sure Yoda could walk without the stick. It's just easier for him that way. He's not crippled. Anakin is....we'll see how bad in ep III. Maul is storng and well trained.

Julie
Well I guess you could say that Vader wins by default because he outlived Maul

Dexx
well..not in the end

Corran
I think he still outlived him Dexx.

Fire
I still think vader would win, not that it will ever come to that cause we won't ever see it, I'm not saying that vader is a better swordsmaster then maul but I'm pretty sure vader would -like yoda- have a few aces up his sleeves

Fire
dunno, maybe I'll rethink my opinion how much I like vader, maul would probably win it if it came to a fight, but don't think vader would let it come to that

yerssot
using the Force and doing a sabrefight is something else

Fire
yea maybe, but don't think the Dark Side cares how u win, if u win

yerssot
lies and something else huh?

Ushgarak
Yes, as has been pointed out, Yoda is simply not as feeble as he appears.

In any case, GL has SPECIFIED that this is the case- the OT combatants are not as good as the PT ones.

Dexx
i'm sure maul would win because ray park knows some sh**it big grin ..i'm kiddin'...i know it has no relevance with the movies...

Julie
That's ok Dexx.....we understand wink

Dexx
if u get some chocolate..i turn back to normal

yerssot
don't look at me

Dexx
i...i have stacks of my own

yerssot
perhaps

Dexx
*quickly starts to talk 'bout vader not to get this closed*

Mujaffa
THe coolest thing about Vader

master harmax
VADER IS THE GREATEST ! VADER FOR PRESIDENT ! I SAY THE DARK SIDE RULES, AND VADER RULES THE DARK SIDE !!! mad

UnknownBountyHunter
Vader is the greatest because he is the #1 TOP SUPER VILLAIN BY OFCS!

big grin Go Vader!

It takes a Star Wars character to get this title...

yerssot
Go Legion! big grin

master harmax
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BBBBBBBBBBBBHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! evil face

yerssot
OH BHA ! stick out tongue

master harmax
Only I'm allowed to do Vader impressions, no one else ! mad

finti
ask me if I care

Corran
Finti, do you care?

Fire
master hamax vader idd is cool, but chill out just a tad man

BackFire349
his voice is the coolest thing.

Julie
I agree....the helmet's cool...but it;s all in the voice...

Mujaffa
http://www.duke.edu/~egm/gotpoofs/vaderpoofs.jpg

Mujaffa
http://www.chez.com/powerteam/shootit/themes_4.htm

Corran
Raz look, not sure this is good.

Mujaffa
well it's baaaaaaaaad... like the mountain goatbig grin

GordonSkywalker
Don't forget his excellent swordsmanship! That and his breathing and voice is what truly defines the enigma that is our favorite Dark Lord.

Ushgarak
It's... ok swordsmanship...

GordonSkywalker
I find your lack of faith.....disturbing....

Allor_Vader
Um..his voice...breathing, stature, commanding pressence, look, swordsmanship, and Force abilities. Oh yeah, the suit, I love the suit. Must have the suit and the light saber.

master harmax
It's his figure. Fantabulous figure, Vader has. How can u not fall in love with a guy like that ? evil face

finti
dont fall in love with guys so.................

master harmax
" So ................... " ? " So .................... " what ??? Don't anyone say anything mean about Vads, u hear !! mad Black is back I would have u know ....

LanceWindu
The first thing that I really took into notice of Vader is the evil look the mask gives him.

master harmax
Well, personally I think it's rather fetching ... stick out tongue

Member.
The best thing about Darth Vader=talks funny/wheres funky cape.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, I'd buy that!

Asami
The fact that Hayden Christianson got to play the earlier him big grinbig grinbig grinbig grin

Member.
??

justinday15
The coolist thing about Vader is his gear.

GordonSkywalker
Darth Vader is cool. Period.

Napoleon
Another thing about darth? He's so much cooler than the other villians from episode 1 and 2...Plus, he's just cool altogether

Napoleon
Another thing about darth? He's so much cooler than the other villians from episode 1 and 2...Plus, he's just cool altogether

Napoleon

GordonSkywalker
Are you aware you posted that three times? Still I agree with you man!He has something called stage presence. wink

cookies2006
He is cool, but he never does any cool moves.

GordonSkywalker
He can't move like Maul due to his injuries during the Clone Wars and his last meeting with his former master.

cookies2006
True that ..... True that.

GordonSkywalker
Other than that he is a top notch villian in the original series.

cookies2006
True That also.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>