Who's the best Vala?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
I didn't include Melkor just because I know he's gonna win. Can anyone say landslide? stick out tongue

And because we can only post up to 10 options maximum, I excluded the ones who are kinda "weak" compared to others. big grin

samIam
i like Aule .. cuz of the dwarf thing heheheh

shadowy_blue

samIam
yeah .. i don't know all the valar cuz i haven't read simerilan YET ! I will but ... school is being kinda evil now

Kitoky
That's kinda hard to choose, I must think about this....*crosses out Tulkas and puts Melkor* There....

Discos
whoops my finger slipped....

Phoenix
I'm the only one to vote for Ulmo... sad

Ravsta
Im the only one to vote for Namo (aka Mandos). I jus luv da line in the Silmarillion wen Feanor says 'and i shall be slain;first of all the Eldar in Aman' and Mandos replies 'Not the first'. No-one knows what hes talking about, but he just comes across as so wise and mysterious. Nienna is a close second

shadowy_blue
Oh yeah...and then we all realized all of a sudden that Finwe died. Melkor killed him, and that's who Namo is referring to. big grin I like him too. He can see the future. big grin

sauron
AULE!!!

me and exa have this thoery...

sauron was a maia of aule...so was saruman.....so we think they were in it from the beginning with the ally thing

gandlaf- a plan LIFETIMES in the making

hmmmmmmm???

anaritearbina
interesting plan Why do you think that?

Aurora
I voted Yavanna because she is the reason for Treebeardlove

A close second is Ulmo! King of the Sea, he is awsome!

Kitoky
I can't chose......

MorgulLord
I may sound like a total begginer but can someone expalin all this Valar and stuff. im sorry i know thers probably a thread but id like to know more, so please help !

sauron
LOL how great is your sig!!

the beast is like 'rargh im so scary BE AFRAID'

and witchys like looking stupid

'PONY PONY!'

the valar...hmm well just go onto Encyclopedia of Arda and look in valar...there will be a link to all there names

MorgulLord
ok thanks, glad you like the sig. Where exactly is all thsi stuff about maia and things , like is it in LOTR or what, Unfinshed tales? Silmarillion?

sauron
silmarillion smile

excellent book

only one thing wrong with it...whenever i became attached to a character they died.....see i nealry killed myself when boromir died, but to have it happen OVER and OVER again was like AHHHH STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

Aurora
Awwww sauron!! I am trying now for the third time to read the Sil. Everytime I would pick it up before I got distracted.... I am doing really good right now....... I am still at the begining tho...... I don't want anyone to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MorgulLord
I tried reading it once but got bored on the second page? is it just me or has it all got something to do with Music??

Exa
*cries* no Melkor
stick out tongue

I voted for Nienna cuy shes a great character and nearly nobody ever mentions her

Smodden
Tulkas!Tulkas!Tulkas!

shadowy_blue
As much as I like her, she's too depressing. sad Always crying, The Silmarillion is a very depressing book already. sad

Smodden
yeah my book is dreanched with tearssad

shadowy_blue
You have to prepare yourself already. stick out tongue And be careful when you're attaching yourself too much to a certain character because there's an 85% chance that he's gonna die.

I remember when I attached myself too much to Fingolfin and Turin, I broke down when they died. sad I almost can't sleep for 3 nights. sad

Don't say I didn't put a spoiler tag. stick out tongue

You certainly should go past the second page to destroy your boredom. stick out tongue It's not just all about the Music of the Ainur, well yeah..the first couple of pages are because it's an account of their Music to create Ea, but once you get through it, and started reading Valaquenta and all else that follows, all the adventures and informations are exciting and you feel like you're really there. big grin

shadowy_blue
EDIT: nevermind what I posted. wink

muse5
voted Yavanna, but almost voted for orome, he rides a white horse and guided the elves

muse5
those two died, oh well, haven't gotten that far yet, but i did see the spoiler, my fault, well just in case i don't get that far... i do find it hard to concentrate with that book

Aurora
Yay another vote for Yavanna~~!!!!! I am not alone!!!!

shadowy_blue
Dude! Manwe is hated! Not that I mind, (he's boring as hell) stick out tongue I'm the only one who voted for him just because of his power. I should have voted for Orome now that I'm in a better mind. sad He's far waayy cooler than Manwe. sad

Fëanor

shadowy_blue
Yeah..that's what I was saying. Manwe is really powerful, that's why I voted for him, but really I don't like him. But I don't like Tulkas either. stick out tongue My favorite Valar are Ulmo and Orome. big grin

Fëanor

shadowy_blue
Yeah, Aule's cool too. big grin Making the Dwarves and all. He has his own will though he's not Evil and really didn't want to compete with Eru. big grin And like sauron said, Saruman and Sauron were his Maiars first, so...love

Fëanor
*theme song to XFiles plays*...conspiracy?...hmmm...coincedence?

shadowy_blue
Maybe Saruman and Sauron are already buddies before and they have some plans unknown to others but I don't think our dear Aule has something to do with it. no I think it's just a coincidence for his part that that they were both his Maiar. sad

Fëanor

shadowy_blue
Sauron. stick out tongue

I heard that's also one of the reasons why in the animated LOTR, Saruman is called Aruman, they don't want to pronounce the S because they said Sauron and Saruman sound alike. big grin

And yeah, bastard Saruman, cunning and all. He's really wise. I'm wondering though if Sauron and Saruman are naturally arrogant and aggresive and "evil" inside their hearts already even before Melkor seduced them or were they just really corrupted? stick out tongue

Exa
Lol

I also like Ulmo, apart from Melkor he's the only one who really cares for middleearth's peoples and helps them (or not big grin )

Evy_O
I was between Manwe and Ulmo... I like them both, but as I am a sea-freak... I chose Ulmo yes

Exa

muse5
Thank you shadowy, that would have taken me forever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.