The Chosen One

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blind Searunner
I was reading a discussion about the mystery surrouding the anakin's father. Someone mentioned the Obi-wan must have a father as only the chosen one could possibly be born of immaculate conception. (allegedly).

Now I assume the general concencus on the chosen one, is that it is he(or she) who will bring balance to the force.

I also assume that balance was brought to the force when the emperor was killed.

So who is the chosen one?

It was luke who sensed that there was good in vader and turned him to the good side. But it was vader (or anakin) who actually tossed the emperor to his fate.

If it was luke then the immaculate conception/chosen one theory is blown out the window, as he had a father!

Any thoughts!

ps - anyone worked out the origin of my username

Ushgarak
Err... didn;t we already handle this in Welcome?

Ok, first of all, the conception is not immaculate, the MCs are eminently biological.

Secondly, Anakin IS the Chosen One. George Lucas has said so. No arguing possible.

Luke, as GL put it, allowed Anakin to reflect on his life and decide to kill the Emperor.

yerssot
Deja vu wink

Like Ush said: chosen one = anakin

Julie
A certain rougish Jedi one said....."He is the chosen one, I can feel it"....in reference to Anakin Skywalker

yerssot
and who was that Julie?
I can't remember that quote

(QGJ: "He IS the Chosen One, you must see this!"

LanceWindu
Thats the correct one yerss.

yerssot
I never doubted that one cool

Ushgarak
As I just said in the Welcome area; his name is a pun on Luke Skywalker.

Julie
HUh???

So I can't quote right *sheepish grin*

yerssot
uhuh stick out tongue

Julie
Oh well, we all have our tragic flaws......

All the world's a stage...etc. etc...blah blah

master harmax
Here we go again ! Been there, done that ! wink

Kane_Starkiller
blind searunner - I get it. yeah, very good - although it's not very cool is it?

Anyway, for a 2nd post! ..... blimey!!

Better keep this on topic. anakinisthechosengeorgesaidso

Julie
uh huh....thanks roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kane_Starkiller
roll eyes (sarcastic) yourself

Julie
stick out tongue

Blind Searunner
OK - From the several posts it is established that Anakin is the chosen one. (Please no more!)

What I am still confused about is if anakin was spawn by the MC's themselves, what or who are they!

And what did shimi skywalker mean when Qui Gon asked of anakin's father she replyed something like (please do not correct if slightly wrong) "there was no father, I cannot explain it"

Please go easy I'm only a junior member

Ushgarak
There is no more info about what the MCs are than is given in The Phantom Menance; that they are a symbiotic life form that reside inside living cells that make a person's link to the Force possible (though they do NOT actually create the Force themselves as some people have thought).

So one assumes that Shmi mysteriously falls pregnant. Qui-Gon thinks she was in fact impregnated by these microscopic beings, in keeping with this Prophecy thing.

yerssot
Midi-chlorians are a microcopic lifeform that reside within all living cells and communicates with the Force.
They are in your cells. We are symbionts with the midi-chlorians.
Life forms living together for mutual advantage. Without the midi-chlorians, life could not exist, and we would have no knowledge of the Force. They continually speak to you, telling you the will of the Force
_____

Why can't I correct you? :'(

Well, she ment what she said, no father...

Amidala
you will find out about the prophecy in Episode's II and III. You will also find out that palpatine knows about the prophecy and assumes it has come to reality when annakin turns to the dark side. however, he is mistaken about a great many things.

I think Mace Yoda and OBI1 may have a chat about it at some stage....smile

yerssot
Amidala, ... every jedi knows the prophecy...

Amidala
True. smokin'

yerssot
excapt Luke and the ones after him

LanceWindu
I'm sure that after they got the holocron they found out about it.

yerssot
but we will never know... EU, remember

LanceWindu
True.

But I follow the EU and add it to the movies. Unless it contradicts the movies.

yerssot
that's still not exapted as cannon, although one considered to do that

LanceWindu
Like I said I don't care if it's not cannon. I still act like it adds to the story. Unless it completely messes everything up that GL had done with the saga.

yerssot
you keep doing that then... but you have to read all the books smile

LanceWindu
Don't worry I'm trying to read every single book published in the US.

ryamathart
Anakin did bring balance to the force as he killed all the jedi except 2 Yoda and obi wan and there were only two sith THe emperor and Darth Vader so he did bring balance to the force without killing the emperor.

LanceWindu
Yes but he didn't kill every Jedi. He had help. But why didn't he ever try to track down Yoda or Ben?

Ushgarak
No, that's wrong I am afraid.. For a start, George Lucas has described how by killing the Emperor, Anakin brought balance.

Second, balance is this case has NOTHING to do with evening out numbers of Jedi and Sith. How it works is this:

Normally the Force is balanced

The Sith seek to disrupt the balance and make their side stronger.

To restore Balance you must destroy the Sith.

sand person no. 10
therefore ush do you not think that that the sith are stronger, bearing in mind two of them managed too destroy all but 2 of the jedi.

Ushgarak
A tribute to Palpatine's planning; an astonishing achievement no matter which way you look at it. The sutff legendary stories are made of, in fact...

master harmax
Sand Person,.... we went into this topic in details on the thread posted by Jedi Fernando, " Who is the strongest ? ", which had a poll on it too .... so check it out.

Blind Searunner
Firstly, If the emperor knew of the prophecy of the chosen one would balence the force, he must of realised that anakin would betray him, which suggests that his prophecy was along completly different lines.

Also, if anakin was a jedi and then became a sith, does that mean that any jedi can become a sith if beconed by the dark side. And could potentially a sith become a jedi. What is a sith anyway is it the jedi equivalent of the dark side?

(sorry i managed to start a new thread on this by accident plesase ignore that one)

Ushgarak
Ok..

From what I understand from what GL has said, no-one s CERTAIN exactly what the Chosen One in the Prophecy is meant to do. Palpatine probably thought that he had neutralised any possible threat from Anakin when he turned.

Second- any Jedi can fall to the Dark Side but it is apparently very rare, presumably due to their excellent training.

Becoming a Sith, we would guess, is more difficult, because there are only two of them! So a Master without an apprentice would have to find you and train you as a Sith.

The Sith are an ancient organisation thayt was totally dedicated to the Dark Side (in the same way the Jedi study the Light). They used to be a serious problem but all of them being power hungry maniacs they fought each other as much as they fought the Jedi and the Republic, and were eventually decisively defeated.

After this defeat they started this 'Only two' thing, to help avoid detection and because, quite frankly, any more and they would start fighting each other again.

Blind Searunner
ok fine

But in your summary outlining how balence is brought about you said.

'Normally the Force is balanced

The Sith seek to disrupt the balance and make their side stronger.

To restore Balance you must destroy the Sith.'

This is surely not strictly true. ie

If the force is normally balanced ( ie equal dark/light) and becomes imbalanced by the sith for example becoming stronger. Then surely, you could restore balance by simply strengthening the light side so there is no imbalance as the original 'normal' state.

Therefore, you would not have to destroy the sith to acheive this balance.

In addition, you will never be able to acheive ultimate balance as there is always the chance of the jedi would become sith and topple this balance. - do you agree

(PS - Ush Brilliant synopsis on jedi/sith, what is the source of your information.)

yerssot
it's clear they don't really know who or what the Chosen One is...
"You refer to the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the force... you believe it's this ... boy?"

They don't know that he is the Chosen One, if the big giant head of the JC doesn't know if he's the one, why would Sidi know it?

Emperor Helmet
The reason why people get so confused over this, is because they think that "balance" refers to numbers of each. That isn't the case.

yerssot
ow please!
Look at what you have done!
Now Ush will give his explanation again! wink

Ushgarak
Yes indeed, King Headgear is correct.

To answer your point, Searunner, as to why strengthening the Jedi doesn't do the trick... it is because it is not a matter of relative power. The Sith unbalance the Force simply by exisiting (so long as they are actually active, of course). The Force will continue to be unbalanced so long as they are messing it up no matter how many Jedi they are.

The Jedi promote BALANCE, you see. They do not seek domination of the Force. It;s not just a set of scales with the Sith on one side and the Jedi on the other.

Mind you, in a sense, the Jedi being strong will help prevent the Sith from unbalancing the Force; this is why Palpatine needed them removed; and in the end it is Jedi who stop them.

But even if there were a billion Jedi and no Sith the Force would not be unbalanced- assuming the Jedi were doing their job.

Emperor Helmet
Correct.

jedi fernando
ush has it all correct
yall listen to him
i guess him being in these boards and reading so many points of view have given him a more centered and correct point of view.
i remember arguing with him in my "who is the strongest?" thread but now it seems i cant argue his points of view anymore.
good for u ush.

i tell u guys ush seems to be correct. just ask him.

Ushgarak
Why, thank you...

BTW, that stuff about what the Sith are comes from a George Lucas quote. Nice though it would have been for them actually explain it in the film.

yerssot
the history of the sith has been explained in the novelisation of TPM though

Ushgarak
One of Mr. Brooks few services he did when he wrote that; the rest of it was pretty uninspired.

yerssot
yeah well, now the history told in TPM is cannon... right?

Ushgarak
"Semi-canon". More important, as GL also described something very similar it can be taken as read.

It must be said that the modern day EU is done with FAR more reference to proper continuity than the old stuff; the novelisations even more so.

yerssot
I ... see...

well, with things like the NJO there are almost no references to the OT I take, since it takes place many years after the OT

jedi fernando

Ushgarak
Yes, though NJO really occupies its own seperate storyline; I was talking about the prequel-era set material.

So if, for some reason, GL DOES make episodes 7, 8 and 9, I expect that NJO would be as buggered continuity wise as the old Boba Fett stories are now.

yerssot
but he's not going to make them...

Ushgarak
JF, the mods are brought together under the auspices of the board owner, Raz. He chooses them.

queeq
Actually, he made a few as well by assembling them with parts from the junkyard. big grin

yerssot
*cough*finti*cough*

queeq
Your life, yerss.

yerssot
can I keep it?

queeq
I think you can keep the afterlife.

yerssot
you're too kind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.