Strange year...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
Well, with Valentine's been and gone, it means it's been a year since I crawled out my hole and joined this forum.

That's not quite true. I had been visiting Raz's site for ages (submitting an over-long fan theory in January 2000) and had occasionally popped into this place during that year; it freaked the heck out of me.

I made a couple of posts around September and December that year, but I couldn't join properly until British Telecom got off its backside and gave the UK unmetered net access. Which it didn't until February 2001. Which is when I joined proper.

Since then, I have seen several changes. For example, when I joined, the Ep. II and III discussion area was larger than the GDF! VERY strange! Xizor and UBH were JC members, and Merc and EJ were being... erm... difficult in the threads. I had barely started to argue with Merc about the canonicity of the EU before he buggered off saying that none of you cared about his tumour. Hmm.

I also remember I Got My Beat, the first member I know that Raz ever banned, for raising 'difficult' topics... you had to be there, really.

I remember the old RP area, moderated by EJ. It was a fan fiction area really, with several dozen odd stories being added to by posters like EJ, Gundy and Darth Daft... I was rather put off by an interesting stroyline being ruined by Vader farting. Hum.

After EJ went weird Raz shut the whole RP area down. It was only when I opened up a thread in support asking where the heck the RP area had gone that Raz actually noticed my existence, starting a relationship that lasts to this day...

Some things, though, have remained utterly and comfortably similar. Dim, queeq, Gundy, Raz, Finti and RC are all EXACTLY the same as they ever were when I first got here. All of them are lovely people; Gundy and queeq were the people who pretty much brought me into the fold (after I had been too terrified to post in the GDF); queeq noticed me before anyone after I seemed to be the only person who understood what his sig line meant.

And since then. it has been a strange year. The board has moved servers twice, tried tentative and then successful new areas in the form of the revamped RP area, the Welcome forum and the Movies expansion, gotten a LUDICROUS amount of posts and members joining...

Anyway, I just thought I'd say a happy thankyou to you all for a strange but wonderufl year here. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Oh. Of couse, especial thanks to Eleanor (Edna Witch), who has virtually transformed much of my life. She joined a month after I did, looking for Star Wars sites on behalf of a friend, answered a load of trivia questions, and then posted about her pyjama-wearing charity antics in the GDF, which made me so curious that I started talking to her and... err... you sort of know where it went from there.

It hasn't always been easy with us two but at the start of the month she finally agreed to officially be my girlfriend, which saves me the bother of having to insist there is nothing going on to everyone who asks. Which made this Valentine's doubly special, because it was the first anniversary of me being here, and the first Valentine's in which I didn't feel more lonely than what appeared to be the entire rest of the world.

Thanks, darling.

That's why I got her the pig, by the way...

p.s. Thank you, thank you, thank you... (that's to all of you...)

ToMacco
Jesus, that's deep. But sweet, nonetheless.

LanceWindu
Wow! I can't believe I've been here this long either.

I want to thank Ush, Ratcat (who was RC when I first joined), and yerssot for settling me in and helping me be a better member than I was.

Great site Raz hope it lasts for a long time.

ToMacco
No one thanks me. I'm outta here.

LanceWindu
Thanks To for being an idiot poster like me and yerss!

Captain REX
I joined a month or two before my 14th birthday. I had been surfing the net when I came across www.episode-ii.co.uk. I saw the link, asked myself "What's a forum?", and joined. Ush has been here longer than me (by, oh, let's say, what, about 10,000 posts?), and he's seen more than me, but he's welcomed me to the forums, and so have the rest of you. The only person I've ever dealt with that caused trouble was TrueFan, but that's it. And I'm growing ever closer to 1,000 posts. I think I've earned my stay, if you know what I mean.

I remember when I had my first argument with To. big grin

My closest friends here are probably Lance, Ush, and Yerssot. They've shown me the ropes. Also, I enjoy chatting with queeq, Edna Witch, RC, and the rest of the gang. Thanks for helpin' me out.

Captain REX
Also this month, I've earned my nickname from someone: Rexxy. Now where did they get Rexxy?

LanceWindu
I believe I was the one who started the whole Rexxy thing cause I was tired of saying REX or Captain REX.

You think of me as a close friend???

yerssot
Well, I think I'm obligated to say something too...

I've not been her for a whole year, nor did I understand you all in the beginning (or even now from time to time) and I wasn't planning on staying actually, I was just bored the next day I joined and I deceided to surf to the boards again and I was completely blown away by the activity here...
Every day was something interesting to watch, seeing how people reacted, so I stayed and even brought in some other Dutch speaking people so queeq and I wouldn't be alone in here...(ok, just two of them, and they are both inactive now, but it's a start)

I would like to do the same as the other people here and give a special mentioning of some (in no particular order):
Raz: for making the forums
Ushgarak: for staying awake when I was nagging, always ready to talk
Edna: thanx for staying online even after that
Dim: you know why! thank you! *give Dim a big hug*
Lara: for being nice to me wink
mah: for talking and laughing
Gundark: not only for the RP
finti: you can make a joke out of everything (in the good way)
To and Tex: great fun with those two
Lance: talking, RP and his very own board!
K: yup, even Keo, for the talks we had a few days back (and still going on ofcourse)
REX: Trivia would be dead without you
micky . nijs: you don't know him at all I think, but he's a great friend

Sorry if I missed a few out sad, wrote it without thinking

keokiswahine
*plants kiss on Ush's cheek* don't ever feel lonely; we're all here for each other.

thanks, yersssss

thanks everyone, you're all so wonderful cool

finti
That was one kind of cool report there Ush smile smile smile and damn Yers what happened to your spelling wink

yerssot
hmmm, I'm rather sure I've put some big spelling errors in it...

Ushgarak
Ta, everyone.

And how could I forget Keo? SHE is just the same as she was when I joined as well. Thoroughly insane. I remember her posting about throwing flower petals everywhere and running off into the night, laughing. No-one acutally told me she was a regular at the time and I thought it was a newbie messing around.

Raz
Its only been a year? It feels like a lifetime wink

Can I also take this opportunity to thank all the moderators for their help and support on running this magnificent board over the 2 years it has been running.

Thanks guys! smile

Captain REX
You really think trivia would be dead without me? Although, most of them say my name on the last update list. REX all down the page.

Yes Lance, I think of you as a close friend. You help me out a lot and it seems like we have a lot in common: too much imagination.

Dim
*Burst out in tears*
This is so *sniffle* sweet..
I don't know if I can handle this in the morning..too much.. laughing out loud

*sigh* I love this board..

yerssot
Since Mech isn't around, I'll yell it:

GROUPHUG!

Raz
Awwww smile

Dim
*HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
big grin big grin laughing out loud

Captain REX
*Lance & Yerss, being the biggest, accidentally squeeze everyones' heads off*

Oh no! It's happened again!

*I go around asking "Have you seen my head? Round, brown hair? Nose, mouth, eyes?"*

Captain REX
*Finds head and puts it back on*

(You'd have to read the Height thread to understand it)

I have one question: Will you be posting here even when your really old? Like 50-60 or more?

It'd be harder to talk Star Wars, and the General Discussion forum would become filled with "I just lost my teeth" threads and the "How old are you?" threads.

Dim
How can you talk without your head?

yerssot
Ow great!
Lance we did it again!

*takes head of Ush, places it on Mech, takes head of Gundark, places it on Queeq and vice versa*
Ow wait! they would enjoy that!

Ushgarak
Weirdos...

Lovely weirdos, though.

Captain REX
*Backs away from Yerss and Lance*

Ahh!!! The evil Head-Swapping aliens! They've come for me!!!

*Pulls out a gun, but they just replace it with Raz's head*

yerssot
ow! there's his head!
Give it here! I want to do some juggling smile

Captain REX
Here, have it. Just don't take my head!!!

yerssot
*sees REX's head on BG's*
sure, take it, if you dare... big grin

*takes the heads of mah and Lance, begins to smack them against the wall*
I was never good at juggling sad

finti
this thread started out so nicely

yerssot
you're right finti,
sorry sad

Captain REX
I've enjoyed my stay here. So many nice people.

LanceWindu
Love you all!

Captain REX
There's lots of activity here. Plus, I like greeting the new members. I've greeted most of them since December.

LanceWindu
Speaking of members there sure are a lot of them here. I remember that when I joined there were only 300 or so members.

Edna Witch
Ah isn't he lovely! Well of course I would say that wouldn't I!

finti
how nice.......

Dim
awwwwwwww...do we have little sourpusses??? hmmmmmmmmm?

finti
this is kind of a borderline to a barfbag eek!

keokiswahine
*pokes head into thread*

takes flying leap into group huggggggg. big grin big grin cool cool

finti
like a trapeze artist?

yerssot
Ow great, K is doing the stagediving again!
Ok people! All stand here, so she can land safely!

keokiswahine
*looks at body profile*

ummmm, nahhhh big grin big grin big grin

finti
and watch those foundeling hands Yers

Dim
Dont' be such a grump fint..

and yers..maybe you should go sit on your hands for a while..just to keep them out of trouble.

finti
Hey have to keep it kind of respectable stick out tongue smokin'

yerssot
Hey! K hasn't jumped so nothing happened...
Things you don't remember never really happened, right?

finti
like you dont remeber that hit on the head Yers. Right? .. evil face

keokiswahine
*lands on a sleeping queeq, crushes him*

ummmmm, queeqer, are you ok? geez, he's out cold.

*pushes queeq into corner to enjoy his slumber*

Dim
But we remember it..

finti
Remind me of it Dim

Dim
No..that would be too scandalous and embarassing..and illegal in some places.

finti
eah but we are not in Arkansas now so go ahead.

yerssot
*gulp*
what did I forgot??

Dim
I really can't say...I blush to even think about it.

finti
dont be such a virgin prune come on rolling on floor laughing

keokiswahine
*watches dimmy turning several colors of red* eek! cool smokin'

yerssot
I have a feeling this isn't going to be very nice...

finti
nice is boring, bad is ...is .is ME big grin

keokiswahine
*fills bucket of buttered popcorn, sits down next to yerssss, and munches popcorn, watches "soap opera* happening in front of us*

Dim
I could hand watching the part with the pony and the monkey and the melons but when I saw him looking at keo I had to close my eyes.

*craving one of Gundy's cupcakes now for no good reason*

yerssot
*takes some popcorn from K*
Here, you can have this drink

keokiswahine
*munch, munch, sip*

yerssot
and as in a soap opera, it goes slow!

Dim
Well, you're the show..do something.

Ushgarak
HEY! Stop doing this to my lovely thread!

ToMacco
Hey Rex, what you said about all of us being old, starting threads like "I've lost my teeth." That's funny laughing out loud

Texas
Congratulations Ush! smile
I remember when I first joined I thought you were like 40.
Very wise and mature you are

ToMacco
More like a wise-ass I'd say embarrasment wink wink

LanceWindu
I thought he was like 30 something. He just seems more mature than the rest of us doesn't he?

Dim
USH??? mature??? laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic)

(j/k Ushie..wuv you! stick out tongue )

queeq
I rarely say nice things, but this sounds like a good occasion.

Ush, I never regretted greeting you and inviting you in. Let's go for a few more years unless you do what none of us can: get a life. big grin

Dim
Shudder the thought..

queeq
Of getting one? Or of Ush getting one?

LanceWindu
I need two seperate lives: one for Star Wars and one for the real world

Dim
Well, Ush can have one..but I'd hate to see him go..as for me..well, real lives are costly, I'll just listen to Lance's tales of the real world laughing out loud

finti
aint Sar Wars real life confused confused confused roll eyes (sarcastic) cool

LanceWindu
I guess to us it's as close to Real life that we want to be.

finti
real then big grin wink

mechmoggy
*Runs in, completely out of breath*

Pant, pant....oh nuts...pant...I missed....pant...a group...pant...hug. sad

Dim
*grabs mech and everyone else for another group hug*

*HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGG!!!!*

finti
brings up the B- bags, getting closer all the time

Dim
*see's fint trying to squirm out of it and grabs him*
*HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGG
GG!*

finti
Finti places himselfs betweeen girls only big grin evil face

Dim
What??? not manly enough to give the other boys a hug??

finti
not gay enough stick out tongue

Dim
Not the Viking way huh??

finti
not the Viking way at all

Dim
Norway: Where the men are men and the sheep are scared?

finti
No that is Scotland or New Zeland, in Norway men are men and the woman are happy big grin

Dim
Pft...okay..believe it when I see it. THat's why they have such a hot reputation...oh wait..that's the Italians..

finti
Italians? Talking about wuss men

Dim
Ah you're just jealous.. laughing out loud Italian men..hehehhee

finti
Yeah Italian men laughing out loud laughing out loud we laugh at them too big grin

Dim
Aw you're just jealous becuase they get more women..

finti
more women than who??

Dim
You..(you can deny it but we all know it's true)

finti
well since none of you know my reputation and escapedes with woman......Zerelli looks like a choirboy big grin

Dim
Yeah..sure he does oh manly man roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

finti
you should only know................

Dim
Hmmm...must be the Arkansas years. eek! stick out tongue

finti
them too big grin

Dim
*pats fint's head* Otay..if you say so.

finti
otay? where is buckweath?

Dim
You left him in Arkansas with the sheep.

finti
I thought you found the sheep at Capitol Hill

Dim
laughing out loud laughing out loud Nice..
I just had to tease you some more about the sheep thing..wink

okay...closing this one before I get yelled at.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.