the Dreamers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

caballera
I can't wait to see this movie! Bertolucci's awesome! The trailer looks interesting.... www.budweiser.com/1

anybody else have thoughts?

botankus
Any idea why your link is goes to Budweiser.com for age verification??

Are you trying to get me drunk?

amlap
too late over here
beer
cheers
drunk
sick

botankus
I'm with ya

beer
cheers

caballera
yeah...the link goes to the budweiser site, which has a trailer under "entertainment" for The Dreamers....it looks good

IceWithin
anyone seen this? it was a great movie loved it!

mardook
Meh... the movie sucked. It had pretentious art stink all over it. Oooh let's throw in a tight shot of a semi hard weenie in for shock. The only saving grace was the girl but all throughout it seemed like she and her co-stars were being exploited by the director to reclaim his stature as a controversial figure in indie cinema. Bah... >sad

IceWithin
pretensious art stink? would u care to elavorate?
and to think the only "saving grace" is a girl with big **** it's rather dumb

mardook
Originally posted by IceWithin
pretensious art stink? would u care to elavorate?
and to think the only "saving grace" is a girl with big **** it's rather dumb

I've seen the movie and It was a waste of time. Since you haven't even seen it you may as well go ahead. I've seen far better foreign indie fare on cinemax late night Vangard cinema when I was 8. The movie is basically about an American student and his freaky french buddies who happen to be fraternal brother & sister. Is there incest insinuated in the flick? Ohhh... indeed, yawn! The movie is so intent on being shocking its actually quite boring. The movie is flatout pedestrian as it rarely finds time to focus on its setups. It momentarily reminds itself it is set during some boring event in France's history. Furthermore, it never really developes it characters other than to show them as hallmark indie weirdos. The odd quirk about the twins is thrown in like an afterthought, it was rather lame. The American student is also so 1 dimensional it was rather pitiful to watch the young actor struggle through his scenes, the girl remained interesting shortly during the beginning. She carried the film until the writing was pulled under her feet. She diminished into being the biggest mess in the movie after all. It was also demeaning to watch her go through the latter scenes in the movie. In the end, this movie left an empty feeling in my stomach as it had nothing to say. So have a blast and remember all of this is IMHO.

MildPossession
I have been wanting to rent this for ages, haven't got around to it yet, looks an interesting film.

IceWithin
Originally posted by mardook
I've seen the movie and It was a waste of time. Since you haven't even seen it you may as well go ahead. I've seen far better foreign indie fare on cinemax late night Vangard cinema when I was 8. The movie is basically about an American student and his freaky french buddies who happen to be fraternal brother & sister. Is there incest insinuated in the flick? Ohhh... indeed, yawn! The movie is so intent on being shocking its actually quite boring. The movie is flatout pedestrian as it rarely finds time to focus on its setups. It momentarily reminds itself it is set during some boring event in France's history. Furthermore, it never really developes it characters other than to show them as hallmark indie weirdos. The odd quirk about the twins is thrown in like an afterthought, it was rather lame. The American student is also so 1 dimensional it was rather pitiful to watch the young actor struggle through his scenes, the girl remained interesting shortly during the beginning. She carried the film until the writing was pulled under her feet. She diminished into being the biggest mess in the movie after all. It was also demeaning to watch her go through the latter scenes in the movie. In the end, this movie left an empty feeling in my stomach as it had nothing to say. So have a blast and remember all of this is IMHO.

FYI I have seeing it... and I dont agree with one single word u said erm

Originally posted by MildPossession
I have been wanting to rent this for ages, haven't got around to it yet, looks an interesting film.
u should totally go ahead big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.