Ancient Egypt: On the Nile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spaz_Gurl
Kamilah sighed, dragging her hand through the cool blue water of the Nile. She was on a large ferry(?Boat/barge thingy??) that was carrying the pharaoh and his court. She was waiting for the head priestess to come out of her room. She was getting impatient, though she knew that Larkah was just completing her morning rituals.

~Okie-dokie, you people can take it from here, no?~

The Force
Ramatez walked through the palace, he was very bored. There wasn't much to do in the palace so he walked outside to watch th eslaves worked, sometimes when no gaurds were around he would walk out and help some of the slaves.

Darth Revan
Rameses was up before dawn, as he always was. He loved to watch the sun rise over the hills to the East, reflecting on the Nile in brilliant shades of red and orange. To him, there was no place more beautiful in the world than his homeland. He loved the simple life; waking up early, putting in an honest day's work taking care of his flock, horses, and chickens, then unwinding at day's end beneath a date palm with a nice mug of beer.
He got dressed and had a quick breakfast before going out to take care of his flock. First he emptied the trough of water, cleaned it, and refilled it with water from the river. Then he went inside his small stable to feed his two horses, Ahmose and Kem. After he had gotten all the animals fed and watered, he went and sat down at the base of a tall date palm to watch the sun come up, feeling its warmth on his bare brown chest.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafirah looked up from her work. She was filling some jars. She looked up at Ramatez. Her brown eyes met his before she returned to work. She finished filling the jar and went inside. SHe quickly returned with the jug empty.

Darth Revan
"Rameses, we're out of barley flour!", yelled his elderly mother from the house.
"I'll go buy some," he shouted back towards the house. He stood up, hopped on a small raft he had built from date planks, and ferried himself across the river. The raft was attached to a rope that stretched from one bank to the other, so it wouldn't drift off in the strong current.
He went into the market and found a stall that was selling various grains and bought some barley flour. Judging the time roughly from the position of the sun, he figured he had some time to walk around town. He knew a family of slaves who he had met while he had been working on some irrigation canals for the king one year. He decided to go pay them a visit in the slave quarters...

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira was busy cleaning. She put the golden statue back. She shivered as her master walked in. He backhanded her. "I told you never to touch that. You have disgraced the gods." he shouted.

Zafira fell to her knees on the floor. She held her cheek that her master's hand had roughly connected with. She didn't tear up or anything. "I'm just doing as i was told...cleaning everything." she said.

SK88728
Enahs walked out side of the palce in a large dirty cloak and picked up some sand and rubbed it on his checks, he began to walk twords the market place. he didn't mind going alone, not that he could go with anyone, seeing that no one would allow it. He would lissen into his people and learn the latest news.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira went into the market place. EVen as a slave she had to buy things. This time it was for her master. She hoped the red hand print across her face was disappearing. She asked for some items.

Darth Revan
Just as he was starting to leave, Rameses remembered that he was also running low on grain for his sheep. He turned around and went back to the market. As he was walking through the narrow, crowded aisles, he saw a dark-skinned woman with a nasty looking red mark on the side of her face. "Are you alright?"

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira looked at Rameses. She didn't know him. "Um, I'm fine." she lied while paying for the items. The shopkeeper shook his head. Even he knew differently. Zafira's hand shook as she put the items in her bag. "Thank you for your concern." she said.

Darth Revan
Rameses knew she was lying, and it wasn't in his nature to let something like this pass. "No, you're not. What happened to you?"

SK88728
Enahs was easbropping on a strang convo with a slave and sheaperd

The Force
Ramatez had followed Zafira when he saw Rameses. He walked up to the two. "Hello Ramases." He said then turned to Zafira "Hello."

SK88728
"Well i guess i found a wierd bunch today," Enahs muttered to himself.

Darth Revan
Rameses had just become very aware that someone was watching him when Ramatez showed up. "Yes, your highness?" He didn't particularly respect the royal class, but he knew it was wise to be nice to them.

((You are a prince, right?))

SK88728
(((yeah))

Enahs pulled his hood to cover his face, "What are you talking about?! I'm only a slave, you have mistaken sir."

Darth Revan
((I was talking to Force))

SK88728
((( laughing ok, forget my post laughing )))

The Force
~yeah i'm a prince~

"Oh nothing you can carry on with your conversation....I was just inspecting the streets." Ramatez lied, he just wanted to hangout with normal people.

Darth Revan
"Right..." Rameses thought that was more than a little wierd--royalty didn't usually go outside the palace, and especially not to places like the market.

SK88728
(((wow, i feel left out, laughing out loud *sigh* )))

xeous
Naqada was obviously bored on this ship. There was no where to practice his martial arts and general melee combat techniques.
"So about how much longer until we arive back home?"

He couldn't wait to see his sisters and brothers once again.

Darth Revan
Rameses looked around, trying to find whoever it was who was watching him... Finally, his eyes fell on a man in a linen kilt, not unlike the one he wore, but dirtier. His first impression was that he was a slave, but something about the way he carried himself told Rameses otherwise.

The Force
"Well i guess i'll see you later." Ramatez said as he whistled while he walked down the streets.

Darth Revan
Rameses looked at Ramatez oddly as he left. They had never met before, and even if they had, it wasn't usual for a prince to befriend someone like Rameses.

Lee-Lie
Simone had watched the prince walk up to a reasonably tall and dark man from her stall where she was selling a few goat hides and fur. She also had some grain that didn't fit in their grannary (sp?). She wondered why a prince would be walking around the market place, she shrugged it off and attended a man who was intrested in some of her wares.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira turned to remeses. "It's a punishment. I have brought great cursing upon the gods" she explained. "It doesn't hurt so bad. I've gotten used to it, sie. Thank you." she smiled but it was small.

xeous
As the boat pulled into the dock, Naqada was eager to meet his people. He was new to being a king and didn't quite realize yet how to treat everyone. He was motioned along by his advisors, keeping him moving towards the palace to be briefed on the events that took place while he was gone. He never got the oppertunity to even say "Hi" to any of the locals between the talk of "rations of grain for the troops" and "your father's pyramid is almost complete". He was about to embark on the lonliest days of his life and he didn't realize it yet.

Darth Revan
"You're a slave?" Rameses was surprised.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira hung her head. "Yes, I am. Why do you sound so surprised?" she asks. She let her eyes meet his.

Darth Revan
"You don't seem like a slave... I don't know why, something about the way you carry yourself."

Lee-Lie
Simone had finished with her latest customer and watched the lady and the man talking again

Tela<3sHaldir
"Um, thank you." Zafira said. "Look, I'm really sorry, but if I don't hurry my master will kill me." she said. She really didn't want to go back.

Darth Revan
"You look hungry... Why don't you come back to my farm and have some food? I'll go back with you to make sure he doesn't hurt you."

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira's eyes widened. "I don't know. I guess it'll be alright if you came." she said. She began the walk back to her masters home. She walked in the door. She sighed.

sumi smirked as his personal slave entered. "Good to see you're back." he said then he notices a man walking in behind her. "May I help you?" he asked crossing his arms across his chest.

Spaz_Gurl
~shizzle. Can someone please (pretty please, with sugar on top) give me a recap? I know, I know, I'm a lazy gerfiddle...~

Tela<3sHaldir
(Well, Rameses the shepherd went to Zafira and Rudin's hous. And um, the others are well, i can't remember. embarrasment )

Spaz_Gurl
~Thanksbig grin~

Spaz_Gurl
Kamilah started when the door swung open and Larkah strode out. The ferry dock and she hopped ashore. "We're out of papyrus!" she called back. Kamilah followed her quickly.

Tela<3sHaldir
Dumi glared at Zafira. "Go put the items up, then you may come back."

Zafira walked into the other room. She knew this wasn't good. She hoped this man whose name she didn't even know, mush less he didn't know hers. She quickly put up the items and came back.

Darth Revan
((wait I meant that you could come to my place and have some food and a nice cold beer wink and then I'd take you back home to make sure the mean dude didn't whip ya again))

Tela<3sHaldir
(((Yeah, but Zafi thinks it's better if ya ask. gods i'm so countrified)))

Darth Revan
((ok then))
((by the way, I was meaning to ask you... Do you actually live in California, or do you just really wish you did? Cos if you do you get up reeeeeaally early...))

Tela<3sHaldir
(((Nah really just reeeeeeeaaaaallllly wnat to. laughing )))

Darth Revan
((That's what I thought... Cos whenever I get on in the morning it says "last post by Tela&lt;3sHaldir at 3:40 AM" and I'm Pacific time... So where do you live?))

Rameses looked at the man with contempt.

Tela<3sHaldir
Dumi waited. He wasn't a patient man. "So?"

Zaira step forward. "He invited me over for dinner. He came with me so that I may ask your permission." she said.

Dumi glared at Zafira. She had new found boldness.

Tela<3sHaldir
(let's just say my homestate nhl team are the Canes.)

Darth Revan
((mesa nosa watch'n hockeypockey... Mesa like'n it, 'xept'n mesa clan nosa watch'n sports))

"Well?"

Tela<3sHaldir
Dumi gave Zafira a certain look that made her shiver. "I know the consequences." she said leading Rameses out of the building. "Um, when I was putting the stuff away, I realize I don't know your name, and you don't know mine." she said. "My name's Zafira." she seemed a lot prouder outside of the house.

Darth Revan
"Rameses. Pleased to meet you."
Rameses made his way back through town to the river. He hopped on his small ferry, waited for Zafira to do the same, and crossed. He went to the door of the house, dropping the barley flour and grain inside.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira looked around the room she was in. "nice house." she said. Her brown eyes darted as she looked from one thing to the next. She went to the door way and looked at all the animals. "You are really lucky, you know." she says smiling.

Darth Revan
"I know. I don't spend much time in here though. I prefer being outside."

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafirah sighed. "Do you live alone?" she asks. it's obvious that out from under her master's repressive thumb she was curious and seemingly very arrogant.

Darth Revan
"My mother and younger brother live with me."

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira smiled. "It's so wonderful here." she said. "Um, if you don't mind how old are you and your little brother?"

Darth Revan
"I am 25. My brother is 14."

Tela<3sHaldir
"Your little brother must have a lot of energy. So, what do you do around here. I mean, i've never..." she stopped short.

Darth Revan
"Take care of the sheep, mostly."

Tela<3sHaldir
"What other animals do you have?" she asked walking outside and over to the sheep. She patted one on the head and smile.

Darth Revan
"Two horses, Ahmose and Kem, and a few goats."

Tela<3sHaldir
"You ride horses. I've never had the chance. i imagine it's really exciting." Zafira said. "You sure your mom won't mind having me over for dinner?"

Darth Revan
"Most free people do... She won't mind. My father was a slave, until she married him."

Tela<3sHaldir
"Your father was a slave? How?" Zafira asked confused.

Darth Revan
"When a slave marries a free person, the slave becomes free themselves. I think it's something they try to keep secret from slaves."

xeous
((Is it pointless for me to keep checking this thread?...It seems as if it's just conversation between lower class people.))

Darth Revan
((no... just talk to some of your siblings to get them to post in here))

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira nods. "Aw, that must be why neither of my parents were free."

Darth Revan
((what's the deal with your avatar? Sometimes it's the Iridonian guy from TPM and sometimes it's this high school kid...))

Rameses goes inside to find that his mother is done making dinner. He sits down at the head of the table (or whatever it is they ate on...).

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira walks in a little more slowly. She watched Rameses' mother.

Darth Revan
His mother laughs quietly and motions for Zafira to come in. "Sit down, have some food!"

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira blushed and smiled. "Thank you." she said sitting down. She began to eat.

Tela<3sHaldir
{Well, 1) i have no clue 2)he's no highschool kid}

xeous
(Jiggy? Do you mean Giggy? That looks like a hockey picture...)

Tela<3sHaldir
(wow, you're kuul 4 noticing. it is. i've always seen it as Jiggy never as Giggy If it's irks people i can change it.)

Darth Revan
Rameses finished eating and went outside to feed.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira watched Ramses leave. She finished her food and put rameses' plate on top of hers before carrying it over to the counter. "Thank you. It was delicious." she told rameses's mom.

Darth Revan
Rameses looked over at the sun to judge the approximate time. It was getting late. He went back inside to get Zafira. "You should probably get back to your master now."

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira's smile faded. "Yes, Master Dumi would be angry." she said. "Thank you for your kindness." she said as she and Remeses went to her master's house. Dumi was sitting on the couch reading a scroll, when Zafira walked in. "Master, I've returned."

Dumi looked up and smiled. "Have fun?"

Darth Revan
Rameses walked up to Dumi, stood him up, and whispered in a low hiss. "You lay so much as a finger on her..." With that he turned and left.

Tela<3sHaldir
Dumi arched an eyebrow and smirked at Zafira. "He just made your punishment worse."

Zafira shivered. The coldness of the control in his voice sent chills up her spine. "yes, master. I'll go clean the dihes."

Darth Revan
Rameses went to bed...

tigereyes456
sorry i've not been here i was aawy on a trip to alberta...Azura walked in silence to her chamber to sleep.

lady_summoner
Primly Yuma fanned the great pahroah checking the sun's position every three seconds. The pahroah looked at her and she fanned harder. The monk's Rahs Temple will be very mad she is late. "Yuma, stop staring at the sun and fan your great pahroah," barked the pahroah. Yuma sweated and started to puff as she became tired from this stupid task.

"Sorry my lord," Yuma said as she flapped the fan faster. The sun burned on her face and left red marks all over her as the pharoah sat under his feathers kind of umbrella.

"It isn't good enough Yuma. Go back to the temple!" hissed the pharoah angrily as he pushed her away. The priestess fell on her face and volted from his site hurrying away. Tears washed over her face as a beautiful golden dome loomed in front of her.

xeous
You're ruled by a different pharoah?

Darth Revan
I was going to say the same thing... Xeous' character is the pharoah, and we're all in the same place, so he's your king...

tigereyes456
Azura walked quietly into her father's chamber and saw him laying down. She knelt down at his side and waited for a response.

lady_summoner
*Woops I meant the pharoah's royal advisor please ignore what I wrote. It is the royal advisor.*

"Why are you late Yuma?" asked the monk of the Rahs Temple roughly. His hands were on his hips and he had a huge scowl on his face. Yuma looked at him with careful brown eyes and primly brushed off her dusty white robe.
"I was fanning the pahroah's royal advisor. It was an order. I'm very sorry." said Yuma as she knelt touching her head to the floor.
"Yuma, to be a good priestess you must do your duties even odd ones. Now go put incense on Rah's tomb for the ceremony tonight." the monk said bowing his head.
"Yes my lord." Yuma whispered as she ran from his sight grabbing the incense along the way.

Darth Revan
Rameses woke the next morning, feeling odd somehow.. He went outside and did his usual routine, but he just felt... Odd...

lady_summoner
After Yuma finished her duties she hurried to her bed in the temple. She slept until the sun shined through. Hurriedly she got up and ran out to market. Yuma went to buy new incense and supplies for the temple.
Purchasing all Yuma hurried and tripped over a rock spillling all of her stuff. A tan man walked up to her started picking it up and walking alongside her.

Darth Revan
Rameses decided to go for a ride across the dunes. He slipped a bit in Ahmose's mouth and hopped on him with no saddle. They walked for a few minutes to get warmed up, then Rameses nudged his horse into a flat-out gallop.

lady_summoner
After Yuma put the groceries away she saw a boy on a horse racing about. She sighed and hesitantly took her white horse racing after them. Yuma liked to beat people at horse racing. Quickly she caught up huffing and zooming past him smiling.

Tela<3sHaldir
(((Um, okay I'm lost could sum1 fill me in)))

Barf Heaven
Rameses gave his horse a good jab in the side. Ahmose took off even faster than he had been going before, if it was possible, and was neck-and-neck with Yuma. Neither horse showed signs of slowing, and they were already a good distance away from town, so Rameses held up his hand as a gesture to slow down. He slowly brought his horse down to a walk.

((not much has happened only stuff on this page is new))

Tela<3sHaldir
(Where's zafira now. still at her house)

Barf Heaven
((yeah I guess))

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira walked freely among the shepherd houses. She was looking for rameses. She hoped he was alright. She hadn't seen him in a while.(i hope)

Barf Heaven
Rameses turned his horse around and took off at an easy canter back home.

When he got there, he noticed Zafira walking around nearby. He tied Ahmose up next to a trough of water and went over to Zafira.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira smiled as Rameses approached her. "Hi, what's going on?" she asked noticing the horse was more thirsty than it should be if it had been resting.

Barf Heaven
"Not much... What happened last night after I left, by the way?"

xeous
"HARDER! FASTER! I need more of a challenge...I thought you were the best swordsman our army had?"

The other burly man replied, "Sire, I am the best we have...You're just...better."

In walked the Royal Advisor.

"Is there anything you need, pharoah?"

"Yes...Actually there is. Call a town meeting, anyone who wishes should attend. I want the people's perspective about what we should do about these parties attacking our convoys to the north. Make the meeting for later tonight."

"Consider it done, sir."

Tela<3sHaldir
(Y had evry1 changed there name?)

Zafira shrugged. "Nothing really. My master seems more lenient and accepting. He's treating more as an equal, which is starting to worry me." she answered. "So what have you heard of the new king?"

Barf Heaven
Rameses looked up as a man dressed in a very white linen loincloth came down the road.
"The pharoah has called a meeting tonight at dusk, if you wish to attend."

Rameses nodded.

Barf Heaven
((you mean why did I change my username? It was a joke between me and total metalhead... Renamed "total nettlehead" by me cool
It's only for a little while though))

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira looked saddened. "I'm sure it's very important. I know my master will tell me what was told." she said.

Barf Heaven
"Don't feel so bad. It's probably just the new king officially asserting his power," Rameses said with a chuckle.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira smiled slightly. She petted the horse but let it drink too. "So who were you racing against?" she joked.

Barf Heaven
"I don't know.. Some girl who thought she had a faster horse than me, I guess," he said jokingly.

xeous
"Sire, it's done...Most of the town knows of the meeting. Those we told, we ordered to tell at least one other person. There should be plenty of subjects..."

Naqada interrupted, "Citizens...Not subjects. I am a king but I will rule differently. I want their opinions, not just to order them but to guide and lead them. I want meetings to explain our actions...Many things will be secretive but many things that WERE secretive will now be open. This is a new era, not like the past. I will make sure of it."

lady_summoner
"Hey!" said Yuma from appearing behind the back of the house. "I've got a message for you from the royal advisor. Before you took off so I couldn't catch up. Here you go." Yuma huffed as she handed the bit of parchment to him.

Tela<3sHaldir
Dumi sighed. His work was quickly boring him. He looked up at the blue cloth draped as a door to Zafira's personal chambers.
~~~~~~~
Zafira shrugged. "I guess he'll be like the other kings. Slaves will be obedient and tolerent toys of pain again. But with this change in Dumi, I'm wondering if his Wife's Death is getting to him."

Barf Heaven
((I already found out about the meeting thingy...))

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira clapsed her hand over her mouth. "Please don't tell him I said that." she begged Rameses.

xeous
"I think I'll walk to the meeting...I must leave shortly."

"But sire, you might be killed in the masses."

"I have nothing to fear. They don't hate me yet. I'll go with a few guards...Don't make them look obvious. Many people still don't really know who I am, I'd rather troll around town for a little while."

Naqada grabbed a somewhat dirty robe and threw it over himself and walked out the door.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira sighed. "Maybe I can sneak into yje meeting." she said jokingly.

Barf Heaven
"He'll be there too..."

Tela<3sHaldir
"Who, Dumi?" Zafira asked. "He has a lot of work."

Barf Heaven
"If this is as important as everybody says it is, he'll be there."
Just then, Rameses mother popped her head out the door. "Rameses, I need you to take Kem to the farrier. She has a bad nail in her right hind," she called out from the house.
"Alright," Rameses answered. He took Ahmose and put him away in his stall, then went and got Kem out of hers. He sighed, realizing that he would have to take her down the river apiece, to the public ferry. His small raft wasn't big enough to support the weight of a horse. Letting her swim the river was out of the question, with the ever-present danger of crocodiles. He started down the road towards the public crossing.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira accompanied Rameses. "How did she get a nail in her?" she asked pitying the beautiful steed.

Barf Heaven
"I don't know... Farrier messed up last time, I guess. It's only been a few days since she last saw him, so that's probably it."

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira nodded. "You don't mind if I come, do you?"

lady_summoner
"Hey wait!" huffed Yuma as she caught up to them. "I can help your horse." Quickly Yuma took her shawl and wrapped it about the horse's leg. Pulling a bit of old dress robe out she took the nail out. Then she dipped the robe in a bowl of water and dabbed at the horse's foot. Chanting unknown words the cut slowly healed and Yuma stood back. The horse got up and trotted around a bit. Rameses lead her to the stable as Zafira walked with Yuma back to Rameses's.

Barf Heaven
((no this is a bad nail as in the shoer put it in the wrong place not as in the horse stepped on one))((meaning that just pulling the thing out is highly unadviseable and will probably just make the problem worse...))

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira petted the horse. "You'll be alright." she cooed to the horse.

lady_summoner
*Forget last post.
Yuma walked along beside them cooing and patting the horse gently. Her leather sandals brushed the sand as a sandstorm whipped the air. Yuma covered her mouth with her white silken hankerchief. The others covered their mouths until it passed. The priestess shook out her white robe until it was as clean as before. They walked on into the last rays of sun.

Barf Heaven
After about fifteen minutes, they reached the public ferry. Kem hesitated about getting on, and he gave her an encouraging pat on her rear to push her forwards. They both climbed on and started the crossing.

lady_summoner
The Nile ran alongside the desert so Yuma caught a glance of the pharoah going slowly across the river. She shaded her eyes from the sun and squinted at him in all of his gold finery. Yuma put her white robe hood up and trudged on through the sweltering heat.

xeous
What are you talking about? I'm walking to a meeting...Not on the river...And I'm in raggidy clothing, not "gold finery".

Naqada walked up to the royal entrance and was stopped by a guard.

"Excuse me, this entrance is for royalty only. You must go around front."

Naqada pulled down his hood to reveal his face.

"I'm sorry sire I didn't..."

"It's ok. Many don't. I've found out that many don't have fond thoughts of what kind of Pharoah I will make, I hate how people make generalizations before even knowing what's going on. Do you wish to come in and have somthing to drink? I'm sure you've been out here a while..."

"I..I'd love to, sire."

The duo walked into the back entrance of the 'meeting place'.

Tela<3sHaldir
(Let's just say Zafira left Rameses to take care his horse.) Dumi walked beside Zafira. "Are you sure that it alright?" she asked him. Dumi shrugged. "I see no reason not. It's probably nothing important and if it is I would want you to hear from the source first hand." He said smiling.

lady_summoner
*Then the person in the boat will be the stuck up royal advisor.
Yuma left Zafira and galloped away on her horse until she reached the center of town. Quietly she changed into a fresh blue robe and then headed to the meeting. Putting on her white cloak she walked through the crowd. She had a good view of the person who would talk.

Barf Heaven
The farrier finished fixing Kem's foot just as Rameses saw that the meeting was starting. He decided to leave his horse there for the moment and go watch.

Rameses made his way hastily through the streets and stood near the front of the crowd, shading his eyes against the sun as he looked up at the raised platform.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira fidgeted nervously. She didn't know what came over Dumi. She glanced at him. Dumi was looking towards the platform. He didn't looked impressed.

lady_summoner
Yuma saw Zafira and said,"Hi I didn't have a chance to talk to you earlier. I'm Preiestess Yuma from the Rah Temple. Who are you?" She extended her hand to be shook smiling.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira looked shocked. She shook Yuma's hand gently. "Um, my name's Zafira." she said not mentioning she was a slave. Dumi, whao was standing beside Zafira, looked on. He wondered who this Yuma was. He hadn't seen her before. He sighed. He hadn't been outside of the house much lately.

lady_summoner
"So how do you think the new pharoah will be like?" Yuma spotted a trio walk past them into a screen. She wondered who they were. "I wonder if he'll be better than our last pharoah."

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira shrugged. "I don't know." she said. Dumi gently bumped Zafira. Zafira glanced up at her smiling master. "Um Yuma, this is Dumi." she said blushing at her impoliteness.

lady_summoner
"Hello Dumi. I'm Yuma. How do you do?" asked Yuma as she dabbed at the sweat rollong down her cheeks. After that she held out her hand in greeting.

Tela<3sHaldir
Dumi smiled. "I'm fine thank you. It's nice to meet you." he said.

lady_summoner
"I hope Ramsese's horse is ok," said Yuma as a wind swirled around her.

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira watched as Dumi's smile disappeared. He looked away. She sighed. "I'm sure she will be. rameses is a skilled shepherd."

lady_summoner
"What did I say anything wrong?" asked Yuma worriedly to Dumi.

Tela<3sHaldir
Dumi forced a smile. "No, you did not." He lied. He sighed. "I am merely tired."

Zafira corssed her arms across her chest. "And I am a princess." she said. "Master, what's wrong. You haven't been yourself all day."

lady_summoner
"Honesty is the best policy," said Yuma as she smiled hopefully.

xeous
"Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to the first of many meetings between you and I. I've come here to ensure you that things will be different than before. You will have a voice in foregin matters but I may not always listen," Naqada joked.

"I am Naqada, your new pharoah. Many of you knew and loved my father, I hope that I can bring the same leadership to the great people of the Nile. I'm not one for beating around the bush so this meeting will be very short and very sweet. Now, are there any questions...About anything at all?"

Tela<3sHaldir
Zafira snorted at the "Many of you knew and loved my father" line. Dumi chuckled. "There are a lot of exceptions." he whispered so only she could here. They listened.

lady_summoner
"I never really knew the pharaoah well," said Yuma snorting with the others contently so only they could hear.

Barf Heaven
"I have a question. Why in the name of the gods did you call this meeting? What are we doing here?"

lady_summoner
"What is its purpose?" asked Yuma sweetly.

xeous
"The purpose is to let you know that I'm not living in the past, we're moving forward. I don't consider myself bred from a god, I feel as though I am one of you. Some of you know that I served in the military. I served along side your fathers, brothers, and lovers. This meeting is to ensure you that you can have a voice in the way this country will be run. I can guarentee that. I know that it will be literally impossible to hear everyone's pleas, I hope you understand this also. If there is something the population wants; new roads, more trade, and the like, get a petition together of a decent amount of people and bring it to one of the monthly meetings. If it's not an outlandish request, chances are it will be done. Anyone else?"

Barf Heaven
"Don't be ridiculous. You didn't call us all down here for that. There's something else on your mind."

Pallas Athene
Ramatez walked away from Ramses, slipping into the noisy crowd of hagglers and the market life. Somewhat puzzled, Ramases walked back to his dry home. The sun glaring menancingly over the cracked earth.
The Nile was blue jewel up against the sand. The sun refelcted off of it, showing a murky picture of Ramases. He thought for some time, his brow furrowed deeply. When it came to hiding emotions, he was very easy to read. An open book in a crowded library.
His home was small and had no door. He set down his purchases when he noticed Zafira in the doorway.
"Why are you still here?" Ramses asked dryly.
"Take me to Perisa," she begged. Tears streaked her face, making a highlighted path through the dirt and dust she was covered in.
"Perisa?" asked Ramses with wonder. Ramses glanced towards the window to see his younger sister, Kinjai, looking at him oddly. Her eyes widened at the word "Perisa" and she excliamed, "I'm telling Mother! She'll NEVER let you go!"
Zafari ran to Ramses and sank to his knees. A suge of pity washed over him. "Please," she begged, her eyes red, "take me away." Ramses bit his lip with rage for his over-powering compassion. He heard more footsteeps and in came his mother and his sister Kinjai, looking very important. HIs mother had a look of worry, puzzlement and rage. She a jar she had been carrying on the table, and turned to Kinjai.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>