cloning Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi212guy
Does anybody know if we will see an aged Palpatine transport his spirit into a youthful clone like he did in "Dark Empire"? I know that GL might ignore this, but what are your opinions? I already know that some of you believe that Darth Sidious and Palpatine are two different people. Your thoughts?

Gundark
Oh, they're definately the same guy, no doubts there. I think George is gonna stick with cloning mass quantities of bad guys and not mess around with Sidious. I think his whole life span from pre ep1 through ep6 is his own complete life.

finti
George might ignore it, he will ignore it. Dark empire is EU, both EU are badsmile , and that does not count in SW saga.

jedi212guy
Thanks for the imput. That's what I had thought. Just double-checking with some pros.

Gundark
Ooooo...I'm a pro...wait til queeq hears about this...evil face

Ushgarak
Hey! If we're pros, shouldn't we be charging?

Meanwhile, I cling onto the few remaining shreds of hope that it's all been a massive con and that Sidious isn't Palpatine...

Gundark
Really ? Interesting. Why, Ush ?

Ushgarak
Because as a secret reveal it's not great... I looked at the film, an a lot of the press around it, and thought 'Well, they've blown that one a bit early, haven't they? I can't beleive they still think it;s going to be a surprising reveal..." So then I ruminated on the idea that they were just tricking everyone into thinking the two were the same, and the Ian McDiarmind connection was a matter of cloning or something... which at leasts answers all those questions about how Palpatine remained unnoticed as a Sith Master...mind you, you can make up any reason you like for that one.

But the more time goes by the more it just looks like a rubbish secret, that they can't even be botheresd to keep secret. Oh well.

finti
Who said its gonna be surprising about Palpy/Sideous. It is pretty obvious and I think it was made to be so.

jedi212guy
I agree that an observant audience would notice figure out that Palpatine is Sidious. There are just too many times where it was blatantly obvious, such as the very end of the movie. "Who was killed, the master or apprentice?" and then the camera move to Palpatine. Too obvious to be coincidence. They want us to know.

DarthBorgie
They also do not purposely put sidious in the end credits

finti
Well that would be too obvious in my mind, but I must admit I never even considered that fact. Good thinking DB.

JediOasis
Even on the back on the movie box of TPM it says Palpatine, known from the OT as the dreaded Emperor, I would say that gives it away.

finti
No mention of Sideous though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.