The 007 film franchise and it's future.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

killthesunlight
I read the interview about Tarantino directing the last Pierce Bronsan James Bond film and i think this is fantastic, his directing in a spy film is the best match up. What do ya'll think?

Cowboyography
Awsome, but he even said he didnt think he would get it. Oh Well, bond sucks anyway smile

Myth
I don't want him to get it. I'm too afraid that the way Bond movies are set up to be will limit what he could do with a fresh start on a movie.

roundisfunny
A quandry: if he does direct it, will threads about the movie be in this forum or the Bond forum? Or will they be in a constant state of flux between the two?

killthesunlight
I agree the newer bond films suck but the old ones were good

Fire
doubt he'll do it?

WindDancer
If QT gets the approval I doubt he will do a current version of Bond. More likely the Bond of the 60's.

JoshSquash2k4
Quentin Tarintino isn't going to make a bond film i can bet money on that. I also doubt he is going to cast Adam Sandler in his next movie. That's not his style

killthesunlight
you cant guess his style when it comes to casting people. who would have thought that he would pick pam grier? and you can read the article on killlermovies.com thats where i got it. finally he could cast adam sandler because they are good freinds hints why Tarantino was in little nicky

Samas-adian
Terantino is also very good at getting actors for the right parts. For example, he had Trovolta in Pulp Fiction, and also Bruce Willis and they were not well known for dramatic parts in movies but it payed off very well. He casts people for the characters, not for the box office revenue. If he had a character who would be played by Hilary Duff very well...then i would think he would try to get her to play it.

killthesunlight
great opinion

forumcrew
go to the bond forum.. i posted the article there, he wants to do it low budget, but hes not doing it yet he has to be allowed and he doesnt think they will let him

killthesunlight
oh sorry?

Fire
I dont think QT and JB are a good mix

WildIrishRose
Actually, it's not that suprising that he would cast Pam Grier,,,being that he's fan of hers & a fan of the old blaxploitation movies...then there's that whole Pam Grier conversation in Reservoir Dogs! stick out tongue

killthesunlight
I was just trying to make a point that the man can cast anybody, like Adam Sandler. thats all

WildIrishRose
No prob... I was just making an observation. smile I think it's great how he takes lesser-known actors or actors who haven't worked in awhile & casts him in his movies. Most of the other "top" directors wouldn't even think of doing something like that. All they look at is the bankability & box office draw of actors/actresses.

WindDancer
I don't like Adam Sandler, personally I think he is waaay overrated. He and QT are friends so there is a chance he might cast him in Inglorious Bastards. I don't see how Sandler would fit in a QT film, but then again who really knows? I willing to bet that Sandler will get the catchy lines, but I don't think he would be the main the character in a QT movie.

forumcrew
well u might not wanna bet money because he wants to, although on the bond producer side i doubt he is going to be allowed to, but he does want to do it

Yomammy
QT + Bond = pure uglieness. Sorry, I grew up loving Bond movies (the real ones with Connery, not the other losers who have played Bond) and I love QT's writing/directing but I don't see how on God's green earth this would be approved by anyone and even if it was, I don't see how it could be the least bit good.

JM2CW

Myth
The problem is, it could be a good movie but it wouldn't be what we think of as "Bond". This would wreck the series. QT says he wouldn't wreck the series which means that he would play by their rules and it would turn into nothing spectacular and I would be terribly disappointed in QT.

The Ones
I DON'T THINK TARANTINO WOULD BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING NEW WITH THEM BECAUSE OF THE STYLE OF HIS MOVIES AGAINST THE BOND MOVIES LIKE IN BOND THEIR IS KNOW BLOOD WHILE IN TARANTINO MOVIES BLOOD RUNS LIKE WATER

WindDancer
Having trouble removing the Caps lock?

Punker69
If he does direct it I hope he picks Uma Thurman to play the bond girl smile.

WindDancer
^lol I Hadn't thought of that one! smile

Good choice yes

Ice Mario
I was suprised when the details emerged about Kill Bill so you can never really tell what he's gonna do next, but I think that it would be a bad idea for him to direct a Bond movie.

Adam Sandler being cast in a Tarantino movie would be quite a suprise although he always does like casting comics, but in agreeance with WindDancer, I personally think that Sandler has no real range.

whatshisface
IMO, knowing how QT direct his movies, it will never work out for him or the movie. imagine a 007 movie starting out in the middle...

Myth
I have a feeling that if QT were to make a new Bond movie, the only thing he would really do to it is make better dialog and better camera angles (that way he preserves the feel of Bond and doesn't ruin the series for future directors).

Another thing I was thinking: What if he decided to end the Bond series? He killed Pai who appeared in 10 previous movies. Imagine if he killed Bond. I like to envision that the ending was kept as a surprise and the final scene would go to a first person view just like the video games. It could maybe be in first person and he gets shot in the head and it just plays the music and does the blood thing like in N64's Goldeneye. LOL. That would rule big grin.

Stigma
It's amazing idea!

Impediment
Why in Dante's Nine Circles of Hell would you bump an eleven year old thread for a preposterous rumor?

marwash22
Imp, is it possible to repurpose this thread as news about future Bond movies?

I didn't wanna make a new thread just for possible casting news or derail the existing 'Spectre' thread.

anyhow, David Oyelowo is purportedly the next person to take up the title of Bond.

sick

If we get a chocolate Bond, it's Idris or gtfo.

Kazenji
After seeing the Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie, Wouldn't mind seeing Henry Cavill take over from Craig.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Punker69
If he does direct it I hope he picks Uma Thurman to play the bond girl smile.

Or make Uma the new Bond.
Trust Tarantino to do that.

Bentley
Uma would make a mean Bond.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Bentley
Uma would make a mean Bond.

And make her a lesbian so they don't ditch the Bond Girls cool

marwash22
they're just now opening up to the idea of a chocolate-Bond, fem-Bond ain't happening anytime this millennium. if it were to happen, i wouldn't sneeze at Uma. good choice, imo. thumb up

Tzeentch
Craig iirc is contractually obligated to make one more Bond film after this one, so everyone suggested in here so far will be in their 50's at the time of making their first Bond film.

Mmm, nah. It's too late for Idris and Uma. Craig was 38 when he made his first, which is about the max age I'd want to see a new actor pick up the role.

marwash22
well yeah, i just meant hypothetically.

Idris can still do it tho.

Tzeentch
I wouldn't want to see a mid-50's Idris be Bond tbh.

**** the studio for making Craig do the last few instead of choosing someone else. He's hated doing these movies since Quantum. lol

marwash22
I liked Skyfall and the new one looks really good too. So if he hates it, he's hiding it well.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
I wouldn't want to see a mid-50's Idris be Bond tbh.
ageist.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22

I didn't wanna make a new thread just for possible casting news or derail the existing 'Spectre' thread.

anyhow, David Oyelowo is purportedly the next person to take up the title of Bond.

sick

selma dude is just recording a james bond audio book...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/david-oyelowo-james-bond/

marwash22
yeah, i followed up on that, but it was too late to edit my comment.

BruceSkywalker
but i do think that him or Idris would make a great Bond though

Tzeentch
I liked Skyfall and the new one looks really good too. So if he hates it, he's hiding it well.

ageist. http://www.ew.com/article/2012/11/09/daniel-craig-007-regret

lol'd when I read it. The Bond films were his claim to fame.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch
http://www.ew.com/article/2012/11/09/daniel-craig-007-regret

lol'd when I read it. The Bond films were his claim to fame.

I can understand if he's wanting to move on after doing three while looking at a contract for several more ahead of him. But wanting out after the first, especially considering it bumped his career, it's odd statement.

Kazenji
Lol...look at the year.

marwash22
Anthony Horowitz
"Idris Elba is a terrific actor, but I can think of other black actors who would do it better. For me, Idris Elba is a bit too rough to play the part. It's not a color issue. I think he is probably a bit too 'street' for Bond. Is it a question of being suave? Yeah."

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/eddiemurphyyesnodapprov.gif

Daniel Craig is way more "blackstreet" than Idris Elba.

Who is more suave than Idris Elba? lol, google search "suave man" and literally a picture of Idris Elba comes up. erm

Robtard
That's so 7hrs ago, Mouth.

But yeah, dick move, total dick move. **** that guy.

Though I think "too rough" was directed towards Daniel Craig when he was being considered and he turned out to be the best Bond to date.

Kazenji
He's bit of an idiot that guy is

i remember when they made a movie on one his Storm Rider books and he's going on about how James Bond is too old now.....yeah Storm Rider's first movie went down so well.

Impediment

sick

Sounds like a good enough idea.

marwash22
so, now Tom Hardy's name is out there to be the next Bond.

Love Hardy, but i honestly don't see it... funny enough, because i think he's "too street".

Robtard
Yeah, Hardy is way too street for Bond, possibly even too urban.

Ascendancy
I'm down for whoever connects to the part. Oyelowo would actually fit pretty well from what I've seen of his acting range, but Elba in a tux is hard to deny as fitting the Bond look and persona before a word is even spoken. Add to that that he can actually act and had done a smattering of action, drama, all the pre-reqs, I like him for it.

Mindset
I should be Bond.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.