Pulp Fiction and Film Noir

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

toothpick
I have an essay i have to do about how Quentin uses tequniqus of film noir in PF and how they contribut to the film or make it better.

any ideas of different fil noir used in this film?

also well reasearching i found out that the title is based on film noir comic books or magazines taht were caled "pulp fiction"

killthesunlight
well they we're actually referred to as escapist fiction, and Tarantino did use a lot of Film noirs. Two that I know are deffinent is the usage of the black brief case, which was recylced from "Kiss me Deadly" with Charlton Heston. The other is Psycho. Tarantino is a Hitchcock fan so the scene where Butch sees Marcellus at the cross walk was borrowed from Psycho when she sees her boss walking across. If you want more help, i have a lot of information about this because i wrote a 5 page research paper on Tarantino and did a presentation. So my advice to you is to view these films then watch Pulp Fiction again and it will help you under stand a little better

toothpick
i need mores specific film nior tequniques that were used

killthesunlight
find them yourself then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.