The Mirror of Erised

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
What do you think YOUR favourite HP character would see when they look into the Mirror of Erised? stick out tongue happy

tassie
ahhh... when Oliver Wood looks into the Mirror, he'd see me, of course! love stick out tongue

I'm sure McGonagoll would see Dumbledore...

shaber
Umbridge and Voldemort (the psychopaths) would each see themselves as filling a universe with everything else destroyed or rotten. sick

RebelPhoenix
My favourite character is Hermoine but I'm not sure what her most desperate desire is because she had so many things she's passionate about but in general I think either:

a) Where she will end up in life, what as and if her muggle side will affect it

OR

b) Whether they manage to kill Voldemort or not

celestial_moon
i have 2 many fav. characters. lol stick out tongue

Joy2dWorld
how about asking ourselves - what do you think YOU would see if you look into the Mirror of Erised?

on second thought, i think that would be too private to ask... hehehe

Elondra
At the moment,I would see who I'm going to marry in future.I really want to knowsmile

iluvsirius
if I looked in the mirror of erised...i would look at myself surfingsmile

celestial_moon
yah, some things best b unknown... shifty

myredmirage95
Thats funny that i saw this thread, i was just thinking about starting one to ask what others would see if they looked in that mirror.. WTG for beating me to it! lol I would see myself married to my boyfriend and living at the beach and never having to worry about anything else. *sigh* what a great life that would be.

hhhhr
thumbsup

celestial_moon
hehehehe

Balzi
What do you think Dumbledore saw???

celestial_moon
didnt he say he saw himself with socks?

iluvsirius
yeah but then Harry realized it was a lie because it was a rather personal question to ask...dumbledore wouldnt tell Harry what he saw thats rather intimate if you dont mind me sayin so cool

megajoint
for me it will be to be bill gates lol
voldemort= everyone worship him and their look in their eyes is fear
hermione =the largest library in the world
harry= sirius smiling
snape=harry hang from a tree (jk)
DD= maybe a tomb beside him most loved people or some replacment as the most powerful man (power=responsibility from spiderman)
ron=hermione kiss him or like the past
ginny=prince charming type of girl

celestial_moon
then again, dumbledore wouldnt lie unless it's necessary

Sarah_Sparrow
Harry thought he MIGHT have been lying. It's quite possible that Dumbledore actually did see himself with a pair of wool socks. He's quite a complex person.

celestial_moon
she makes a good point

Balzi
Or maybe DD would see a peacefull world.... a world without voldemort

pip-foot
I would see myself in middle earth living with the hobbits and drinking ale and singing smile

j/k

celestial_moon
i'll join ya!

Razul
I would se my self as being perfectly happy without any worries or needs... so I guess I would see myself as a drug addict on a rush... Forever!!!

RebelPhoenix
I'd see myself on top of a mountain meditating like a monk wink

celestial_moon
...niiiiiiiice

iluvsirius
well its a little private...so its true harry saw that it MIGHT be a lie...but if it was true then harry might have not realized that it MIGHT be a lie.. to me it would be pointless for harry to realize that it was a lie if it wasnt because why then jk said that?duh makes no sense....im not making much sense either but hope you understand and dont be so narrow- minded stick out tongue

celestial_moon
narrow-minded, huh? well hasn't jkr surprised us in the past? blah.

pottermad
i thnk i would see myself doin' magic (hary potter kinda magic)

dark1365
I think I would see myself, with happy, beautiful Claire.
Are you reading this, Claire?

~Air Angel~
mergied

dark1365
Oh....didn't realize there was one already. Sorry.

RoguePw25
It's okay, it happens. ::

Anyhow, I was thinking. Do you think if Voldermorth were to look in the mirror, what would he see? Himself kiling Harry? Being the most powerful?

terra grl 123
hi

terra grl 123
confused Anny body here? confused

lilsis
i think i wouldnt know until i looked into it

a1hsauce
i would see me partying, with harry on my left, and hermione on my right

dark1365
Yes that too.

~Air Angel~
So about the mirror of Erised..........

What do you think will happen in HBP that will have to do with the mirror?

I wonder if Harry looked in the mirror and saw Sirius now? sad

shaber
He's an adolescent now I think it'll be more ambitious naughty

dark1365
No way man!

myredmirage95
Originally posted by myredmirage95
Thats funny that i saw this thread, i was just thinking about starting one to ask what others would see if they looked in that mirror.. WTG for beating me to it! lol I would see myself married to my boyfriend and living at the beach and never having to worry about anything else. *sigh* what a great life that would be.

------------------------------

AAAAAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! I can't breathe I can't breathe! Oh man, wow. I said THAT? Oh how a year can change things! The mirror now shows me with an awesome job writing best seller novels, still at the beach, with or without someone (don't care)....and happy, really insanely happy. Now THAT would be a great life.

DanFan4000
Look and see,
an ocean be.

Alone, just me,
so leave be me.

That is what I see,
Me on the ever lasting sea.

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by RebelPhoenix
My favourite character is Hermoine but I'm not sure what her most desperate desire is because she had so many things she's passionate about but in general I think either:

a) Where she will end up in life, what as and if her muggle side will affect it

OR

b) Whether they manage to kill Voldemort or not

maybe, personally I'd have said that in a moment of weakness hermione would see all house elves being given rights, cause although she clearly is serious about voldemort and stuff she is obsessive about the house elves!!
who know's what's going in her mind??

and yes, i think harry might well see sirius if he looked in the mirror, cos b4 he saw his parents and eh never even knew them, but now that he sees (saw) sirius as a brother/father he could do!

shaber
Her house elf 'obsession' is due to the fact that she is not properly acclimatised to the wizarding world from the muggle world.

pumpkinpie4ever
hermione would see harry of course love
and harry would see himself, hermione and his parents and hermione showing them the engagment ring harry gave her.big grin

ron as said in the 1st moive ron would see him with wicked hair and the qudditch cuproll eyes (sarcastic) how predictable

NightCrawler341
I would see just myself. I'm as happy as I can be. (For those who see stuff, I am sorry if your life is actually bad.)

As for Harry, he will see entire family (Mother, Father, Grandparents, all a bunch of green eyes staring at him ((Is that how it was in the first book? A bunch of green eyes?))) along with Sirius, who is really part of the family.

Hermione would probably see a world ruled by House Elves with her the lead (JK) Hermione would probably see herself passing her exams.

Ron already saw him winning quidditch cup and being head boy (Has anyone notice that is slowly becoming true?) and he probably see Hermione with him.

Ginny would probably see her and Harry since it is still obvious she still likes Harry (though she said she didn't.)

Fred and George would see their own joke shop.

Hagrid will probably see his mother (since he is dying to see his mother)

Dumbledore I see him saying what he was seeing. Seriously, Dumbledore is a pretty plain guy and seems to be happy most of the time. Besides, if I kept losing socks like he said he does I would see myself with a pair of socks too.

Lupin would see James, Sirius, and even Peter with him when they were younger and happy, probably picking on Snape (and I see Lupin laughing as he looked into the mirror)

Voldemort would see Harry kneeling before, Harry telling him he will serve him till death (NOT HAPPENING, VORDY SORRY!)

Peter Pettigrew probably see Voldemort being HIS servent.

Mr. Weasley would see himself surrounded by muggle stuff.

Mrs. Weasley would see herself with Lockhart (Hope Mr. Weasley doesn't see this!)

Neville will see himself beating the crap out of Malfoy.

Malfoy would see himself beating up Harry.

Lucious(SP?) Malfoy will see himself has Ministery of Magic.

Dobby will see clothes and clothes and clothes!

Snape would see himself beating James, Lupin, Peter, and Sirius up.

McGonagal will see herself as Head Mistress.

All three Dursley's would see Harry gone (or dead) and themselves rich.

Percy will see himself as Ministry of Magic.

Buckbeak will see himself surrounded by dead ferrits. (GO BUCKBEAK!)

Umbridge will see herself has Ministry of Magic and Head Mistress at Hogwarts.

And if I missed anyone sorry!

shaber
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
I would see just myself. I'm as happy as I can be. (For those who see stuff, I am sorry if your life is actually bad.)

What the f**k? can I have some?

NightCrawler341
All out, sorry man. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance But I still see dancing bananas everywhere.

shaber
I would be driven mad by the mirror no expression

I might observe regarding the characters that Harry Potter would have been too if allowed to gaze at it indefinitely, but I highly doubt Ron would have been.

NightCrawler341
Has anyone noticed that what Ron saw in the Mirror is becoming true? What if that means Harry's might come true too? And I know how that will happen. It means Harry will die in the last book if Ron's keep coming true. Just another one of those theories of mine though.

shaber
I wonder what Freud would make of Harry's vision; "no tow heads...etc." raver

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.