Batman Begins Script

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Swordfish2k0
What is everyone's thoughts on the plot for Batman Begins? I recently read a review of the script and i sounds very good! It also spoke of a big and unexpected plot twist! Any ideas what this could be?

wuTa
my hopes arent that high after they ****ed up the last 2 batmans.....the studios are more worried aobut making money then making a descent batman film

ash007
apperently the script is out

i will try to find it

Gregory
I would never want to read the script before watching a movie. Talk about ruining the surprise.

ash007
indeed but most people dont like to be suprised smile

Also its good advertising as more people can look forward to the film knowing what to expect.

kal-el
Nah they're making it better and truer to the spirit of batman than ever this time Wuta.You won't be disappointed, especially if you compare it to the last 2(they sucked ass!).Trust Kal-el.Trust him!

ash007

ash007

Swordfish2k0
the Batman begins script does seem pretty kick ass, i am still intrigued to the alledged "twist" in the plot. It is a pretty strong rumor i just cant figure out what the twist might be???

ash007
indeed i hope its nothing to stupid that will ruin the history of Batman

DemonicGambit-2
I can't stand it when comic-movies run a character's history. I mean in the first one, the whole Joker thing was understandably and tolerable, but if they go and change a whole chunk that's just unbearable.

I want this Bat movie to be more like the first, I think that one was the best one made. It was darker and had more of a Batman feel to it

ash007
I have a feeling this movie will be dark but it will action i mean thats what people will be expecting

punkyhermy
i just hope this rachel girl doesn't ruin it...i HATE it when they pair him up with some stupid bimbo only coz he has to have a girl on his side!now it's a totally different story when he dates bimbos to be labled a playboy but in the films they actually make vruce interested in them!!!

Creechuur
I just read the script posted at MovieSpoilers.net and was pretty blown away. Does anyone know how accurate it is?

If that is the final script, this movie is going to be bada$$. I'm not into the final twist, but otherwise its a really good origin story.

slinger
I think Begins is gonna be awesome, but I don't want to read any spoilers, that would ruin it for me. I just wanna know one thing, yes or no. Do Ra's Al Ghul have a cool fight at the end?
And I agree with youpunkyhermy, I hope Rachel doesn't ruin this movie.

Creechuur
Yes and no. Sorry, but that would ruin it for ya.

slinger
Creechuur>are you saying that Bruce Wayne fights Ra's and not Batman?

Creechuur
Bruce, Bats, Ra's, and Ducard all duke it out together. All I can say without ruining it.

Further, all the spy reports and photos jive with the script I've read so far. It may have been updated, and I hope some changes were made, but that script is pretty accuarate as far as I can tell.

hoss2009
can someone please email me the script ([email protected])

I know you can get it at moviespoilers.com but for some reason i cant get it-so can someone please get it for there and email it to me

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE

I'm desprate!

FLIPMODE
That's all intersting. THERE'S JUST ONE HUGE THING BUGGING ME, about this pretty decent script.

RAS DOES NOT CROSS PATHS WITH BRUCE WAYNE BEFORE HE'S BATMAN!!!!!

It's really irking the hell outta me. It's a sad thing too, because Im ACTUALLY OKAY, with most of this story so far. But faithfullness to the bible (comic) is so important to me in any comic movie. And I have to give it to the Spidey Team for getting it the closest. So what the slingers were bio-slingers, small detail taken away....FOR A ARGUABLY GOOD REASON. If people were worried about Peter's Science strength being compromised, they can always have him in invent something else in another sequel.

But this Batman flaw to me, is a bit of a problem. You see a good plot point for the real RAS, is that he discovered Batman's I.D. on his own, and being such a wise being who has lived for centuries, choses one human to wed his daughter and become his successor. THAT is an incredible plot for Batman, hands down it cannot be touched. There is instant conflict.

Sure they MAY STILL use this story in a sequel, BUT, the problem is RAS ALLREADY knows who Batman is, AND Partly trains HIM!!?? Ofcourse he knows where he lives, it takes the coolness away. Plus there are a MILLION masters in the DC universe, all of which Batman gains from, WHY OH WHY did they make RAS a "master". To me that was a Cop out.
Ras has NO part in the creation of Batman, Not skills, not detective work, not Science...NADA! Ducard yes,..Ras no. I know Goyer wanted RAS in the Franchise so bad, he could have easily done it without altering his history. RAS kind of sounds like Lady Shiva or somthing.

Assasins he does have, yes, mixing the young Bruce in there is just wrong. I'll still go see it, but, it annoys me allot because when something is made into a motion picture, it's almost saying "HEY WORLD HERE'S WHAT YOU SHOULD REMEMBER ABOUT THIS CHARACTER", and I dont see how it's helpfull to have people gaining knowledge they dont really know about Batman, when it's NOT EVEN accurate. They'll watch the movie and say "OH now I see". Then go to the book and Say..."huh this sucks". Goyer hacked almost every other aspect of the script near perfect...WHY NOT THIS PART.

And the Gripe stems from the fact that...next to the mainstay of The Joker, RAS is THE BIG ONE of Batman villains, who's story is allready perfect as it is.

And here's more. It seems like RAS will be a constant in this series, and will probably end at part 3 cool, what no lazeras pits? Now those cool tests that Ras makes Batman go through cannot be done.

The final showdown will be based on nothing more than their history together in Bruce's Training that went sour....NOT the fact that Bruce rejects the throne of the Demon, and though he loves her, REFUSES to marry his Daughter. ANd NO PITS??? What Kind of showdown will that BE?? BOOO??

Like I said this is the best script since 1989, but to me the RAS error is worst than the bio-websligers.

FLIPMODE
Perhaps the twist at the end is that Katie Holmes character is Ras's Duaghter Thalia!

Creechuur
Yeah, the whole Ducard/Ras switcheroo thing at the end is bad. I don't think they'll go with that in the final cut, its just too lame compared to the rest of the script.

FLIPMODE
Im Sorry, but Im hoping this IS NOT the final Script.

Im finding TOO many things wrong with it. And some things are just dumb. Why did they mess with the REAL RAS story?? Whay does Bruce have a TRUE fear of Bats??? That's not true AT ALL. As a kid one scared him but that never developed into a phobia. Why does RAS almost single handedly hold responsibility for creating BATMAN. NO credit is given to Bruce in this rendition. RAS is given to much over all responsibility for what makes Bruce be a Batman. AND WHY OH WHY is RAS one of his many MASTERS that Bruce trains with???

Im sorry,...just many dumb things. I know why. It's because if he did it straight, he would feel like a hack. HEY GOYER, it's ok to be a hack...IF YOU DO THE STORY THE CORRECT WAY!

saintgx2001
listen flipmode mr.know it all you dont know what the hell your talking about batmanbegins is gonna be dark gothic and bad ass they have to change the storyline edit just like in every other superhero movies as well. just like in spiderman1 maryjane never had a relationship with green goblins son and just like in the punisher it wasnt howard saint that killed his family it was a mob shoot out and like in daredevil kingpin isnt black and like in x-men senator kelly never died in the comics and also like in blade whistler is handicap im a hardcore comic book collector i have over 3,000 comic books from spiderman to superman to my favoritte superhero the mother of all bad ass batman and i've read the script you see they have to change the story line a bit so like that the audience wont know what's gonna happen it's the element of surprise ras ghul isnt asian he's ****in middle eastern so if you dont know shit then dont say shit besides how cool is batman fighting with an immortal martial arts master that's just ****in superb this film is gonna put batman on top of the foodchain get ready spiderman because the bat is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie Malfoy
I guess it sounds pretty good.I am not sure if I want to see it or not.JM

Paola
saintgx2001: no calling names, please

Bat Dude
I hate to ruin suprises. That's what makes comic movies kool! Spider-Man 2 was the only great movie I've seen in theaters recently but this movie sounds pretty sweet. Katie Holmes will ruin the movie though(Punky, I finally agree with you) But if this is the new franchise, what will be of the first? I'll give Batman and Robin to charity,(though they will throw it out becuz of it's lameness) but keep the first three(BATMAN, Batman Returns, and Batman Forever) What I'll do is watch Batman Begins first(shows him being trained) Then I'll watch BATMAN(Encounters with Mr. J, sorry, Joker) Then Batman Returns and etc. That sound like a good Batman movie marathon?

vaya_the_elf
Have not read it. Not going to because I want it to be a surprise. I like surprises.

moviejunkie23
some people act like there is more things in the batman 5 script that is more differnt than the spider man scripts. And i am not just talking about his web shooters. look at gwen stacy for instance who is written out as peters first girlfriend killed by goblin. They did this though for reasons that movies are two hours and you never know if you can ever make a sequel. So in that two hours who are you going to make peter's girlfreind? Mary Jane of course big grin
Would you rather them not have Ras al gul at all? Becuase this is a begins story who would you like to have? Joker? Joker was already in the batman and they didn't want to be redundant with this movie that is trying to show they can do a better job than people before them. After thye have that established and if Batman begins is a success they will start to go through those villians and do them in their own way. But thye wanted two differnt villians that have not been done before in the movies. Who better than Ras and scarecrow?? You say oh but batman never ran into ras until far after the origin story. Yea well joker never killed bruce's parents. Joker was not a mobster, joker was a lousy stand up comic before he was the joker. So yea when you make a movie its the nature of the beast you have to alter some of the things to make a stronger movie. In that two hours batman figuring out joker killed his parents and then avenging them at the end worked perfect for movie form, but was not accurate whheld up to the comics, but i say so what??? I am more concerened when they make insulting movies like batman and robin. The changes they made in that are terrible and insulting!!! not chnages made out of neccessity. Like look at Bane, they made a intelligent interesting character thatw as responsible for breaking bruce's back into a big lumbering retard croney. That was a terrible change from comic to screen.
But some changes are a have to in making a film sad but true.
I don't agree with everything in this script but i will tell you its way better than 3 and 4 and there are some pretty sweet scenes!!!!
if your gonna be a diehard purist and not be open minded to the changes that must be made for an adaptation you won't like it though!!!!!!!

BlackC@t
I hope Scarecrow has a cool mask and looks scary.

Joker1237
I like the old Screcrow look, The guy in a scarecrow suit, May not be scary, but the Scarecrow wont look like the Scarecrow if he does not look like one.

EF100
Showdown?
Not really.
He's not the main bad guy at all..... AT ALL.
Let's say.... let's say his threat is neutralized early on.
Really early on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.