Let "The Hobbit" happen!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shadowy_blue
As some LOTR fans and TORn readers will know, a campaign is starting in which fans ask for The Hobbit to become a movie. The only way we are going to reach our goal of having a live-action version of The Hobbit from Peter Jackson and his team, is by doing our part to solve the legal problems between the studios who own the rights to make it and have the rights to distribute it: New Line Cinema and MGM/UA.

So, for those who want to see a The Hobbit movie, time to act now.

For more info,

http://www.thehobbitfilm.com/

big grin

OrliNElijahsGrl
Yes i saw that on onering.net DEFINETLY GOT TO LET THE HOBBIT HAPPEN! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

tassie
Well, I can't write to them, so I just signed the petition under all my email addresses big grin

Smodden
yes i'm gona write to 'em 7 leters a day.

that will be great..everybody has to do this its great...what should i put in the leter?

sauron
KILL CHRIS TOLK!!!!KILL CHRIS TOLK!!!!

or maybe just kidnap his dog and make a ransom

or we could just do the poll embarrasment

Thorondor
as much as i would love to see this made, i don't. It would have to have differnet actors and it just wouldn't be the same...sad and it can't be rushed or basically it might suck....sorry erm

shadowy_blue
Well, if PJ would do it, I'm almost definitely sure that we could get the old actors back like Ian and Ian..(LOL)..big grin

Iirima
^^ *agrees*

btw what 's your sig of, Shadowy?

shadowy_blue
The pic? Lulu from Final Fantasy X..smile Like it?

Iirima
big grin Yeah, it's really cool!

shadowy_blue
Yeah, thanks..does she look familiar to you in any way? big grin

Anyway, have you guys sent any letters yet..or signed the online petition? smile

smod, you're a great writer, you're gifted with words, and I've told you that already and it is proven. wink I know you could manage to write a touching and moving letter. Just follow what your heart tells you to write. big grin

pipschick
I've just signed the petition big grin

Smodden
*begins writing*...

which address...?...all of 'em?

i have Robert K. shaye(New line)

Alex Yemenidjian(metro-goldwyn-Mayer)

and Danny Rosett(EVP marketing and Distribution)

send it to all of them?

sauron
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?hobfilm&1

^^chris-sauron^^ thats meeee

Kitoky
jawdrop

shadowy_blue
LOL..Lordy..nice post...you've even plugged KMC..LOL..laughing

sauron
advertising, means more members which makes raz go well that sauron is one good guy, maybe i should give him a big avatar

Kitoky
laughing

shadowy_blue
laughing too..laughing out loud

sauron
something funny :confusing:

*disembodied voices fill the air*

pm raz....tell him to give me one....do it,,,,,do it.......i hate to say this, but if you dont...eek! youll die! eek!

whoah^^ what was THAt about

Discos
in an interview I seen, PJ said his next movie was King Kong and he said it will take a while, during that time he hoped the Powers that Be will sort out the rights and stuff.....

he didnt seem that concerned man!

sauron
well an official new line spokesman has said the hobbit will be made definately

thres too much money to be made for it not to

were his exact words i believe

shadowy_blue
PJ is concerned with The Hobbit. He have already expressed his interest to do it countless of times now. It's just that King Kong is his major priority right now because they are already starting to make it. He said that "while he waits for the decisions of The Powers regarding The Hobbit", all he can do is to preoccupy himself and WETA with King Kong.

Smodden
weta..hmmm...big grin

king kong...:erm:

Kitoky
Let's keep this at the top..

tassie
Make it into a sticky, like the Petition for Dom/Billy

Kitoky
I've decided to only have 5 stickies up at one time - I would have to take a sticky down in replacement.

tassie
okie, but can't you take down Elvish Fonts now?
stick out tongue

Kitoky
If everyone agrees

sauron
i agree

shadowy_blue
I agree too. smile

tassie
See smile

enya
wow i havent been on hear for months for sad and various reasons and missed everyone sooo much what a great way to say hey im back by backing and signing a petition saying i want the hobbit to a movie... come on how great would that be i so hope it happens then theres something else to look forward to.

shadowy_blue
Yey!! One more signature!! There is always hope! big grin Welcome back Enya!! big grin

pip-foot
I signed! I really hope they do it!!! cuz the hobbit rocks!!!! smile

Drifter101
since the trillogy came to a close we all wondered if he was going to do it, if peter jackson was going to now make the hobbit.

he says he wouldnt mind making the hobbit movie, but can it really wait?

how will it fit in w/ the rest of the trillogy?

Kitoky
Yes, Drifter I understand you're new here but can you please read the rules?

REALLY close?

I'd really appreciate it....

-Guys can someone find me another The Hobbit thread?

mors823
There's the "Let the Hobbit be" thread above this one

Kitoky
Give me the link

Nienna
Drifter101, please go here.

Kitoky
Merging with our official Hobbit thread I suppose-

thanks Ying wink

Smodden
ok i have almost completed my leter.....will post soon before i mail it for you guys' opinion

Raventheonly
The Hobbit is one of my favorite children stories.... as long as they don;t

BingaBonga
I hope that The Hobbit does become a movie. I don't know why Christopher Tolkien wouldn't give the rights to Jackson. After all, PJ did an awesome job on the trilogy. I don't think much has been done on the matter of making the movie, since PJ is working on another movie.

szhismine
*voted in the poll, now will sign the petition*

the only way i can see the Hobbit made is with Ian McKellen, Ian Holm, Hugo Weaving and Andy Serkis. i always imagined it as a pre-continuation of the LOTR movies with the same actors. smile

szhismine
i just signed the petition.

twice. big grin big grin

Julie
They already made cartoon version of Hobbit....but I suppose if they're gonna....whether I care or not doesn't matter...and quite frankly I would like it either way.....it's still a decent story

shadowy_blue
Christopher Tolkien doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the making of "The HOBBIT". The reason why it can't be made yet is because there are some problems regarding legalities. New Line has the rights to make the movie, but MGM has the rights to distribute it. They have to sort out the problem first and reach some compromise. smile And we as fans could do our part and help to make it possible. big grin

szhismine
the film being postponed because of the rights (i know it's not the only reason, but it's the principal reason) is incredibly stupid. the only people who care about who has the rights are the people at New Line and MGM/UA or whatever. none of the fans care, we just want the movie! i think that should be taken into consideration.

shadowy_blue
But we can't have the movie if they didn't sort their problems out, and it's not that easy either. New Line wanted to buy the distribution rights from MGM, but MGM asks for a freaking hell lotta ridiculous money.

Smodden
maybee pj can make it anyway without their permisionevil face

then just secretly give it to the fans untill he can distribute it...

i can dream can't i?

shadowy_blue
yeah..you can..shifty

airangel429
I thought they decided to make the movie anyway?

Aldaron
Yeah it's almost a done deal, just a little bit more legal stuff to do.

Different Actors? Well Sir Ian McKellen will be Gandalf the Grey again.
He said he's more then happy to play the part of Gandalf the Grey again just as soon as everything legal is taken care of. I'm sure they're going to have lots of new Actors but I'm sure that Elrond will be the same actor.

Daquiri
Sweet. I bet it'll be good. Not as good as the Rings...but good enough for a sellout. Yaaaay! I'm noticing everyone's LOTR signatures and feel so out of place. *blush*

Thorondor
sorry but it should not be made....sad

one it will be completely diff actors which will just suck
two it will end up getting rushed and suck

i want to see it as much as everyone else but it just won't and shouldn't happen.

sorry

shadowy_blue
That's fine, Thor. I see how you are..shifty

LOL..j/k stick out tongue laughing

It's alright. big grin Though I think they could still get the same actors, they're all interested..and..I don't think it will be rushed...they will take all the time they need I suppose. big grin

Thorondor
if that's the case then let the Hobbit happen big grin

kimahri03
they should make it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.