Sin City

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

<<Solo>>
It's an adaptation of a series of books. It looks pretty good because Leonardo DeCabrio, Bruce Willis, And Johnny Depp star in it and the fact that Robert Rodriguez is Directing it so I'm guessing it's going to be a pretty kool movie. http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808560209 ...

<<Solo>>
I guess Quentin Tarntino is going to help direct it. And it's a superhero story.

<<Solo>>
Trailer just came up, http://movies.channel.aol.com/movie/main.adp?mid=19736

viperthree
The trailer is f@&kin sweet. I cannot wait for this movie.

forumcrew
this movie looks really really great and it has an absolute killer cast

Bruce Willis, Jessica Alba, Mickey Rourke, Maria Bello, Kate Bosworth, Steve Buscemi, Benicio del Toro, Michael Douglas, Carla Gugino, Josh Hartnett, Jaime King, Brittany Murphy, Marley Shelton, Christopher Walken, Elijah Wood, Rick Gomez, Jason Douglas, Nick Stahl, Makenzie Vega, Katherine Willis, Clive Owen, Rosario Dawson, Michael Clarke Duncan, Micahel Madsen, Nick Stahl, and Jamie King

where did you here leonadro Decaprio(i assume u meant him) and johnny depp because i dont see them listed on anything

chilled monkey
Oh wow, that sounds like a great cast. Thank you, I'll look forwards to this.

KillTheLight
The movie actually looks promising.

Leonardo Dicaprio and Johnny Depp we're listed a few months back on Imdb cast list for the movie Kate Bosworth is no longer on there either.

forumcrew
comingsoon list is slight different from imdb.. i think kate bosworth was replaced with jamie king maybe

furryman
The trailer is amazing no expression though I was quite drunk when I watched it so I think I'll watch it again

Jackie Malfoy
Has a very catchy title.I might go see it when it comes out.JM

crickey77
Great cast. and awesome look.
I hope it stays true to the comic book POV.
The trailer looks awesome, though.

Myth
Looks awesome. Does anybody else get the vibe of QT meets Dick Tracy?

<<Solo>>
That was before the cast was officialized so....yeah.

forumcrew
either way its gonna have a killed cast and looks like something quite different and very tight

pr1983
jessica bloody alba... cracking body but can't act...

could be good though, trailer looks different...

<<Solo>>
Yeah,Rodriguez always makes great trailers. So it's going to be pretty hard to tell off of just the trailer.

FeLiZ_MaRcIaNo
i haven't read the book yet, but the movie looks awesome, i would like to know why Marv's face is so weird, i thought it was a something to reflect his massive appearence but im not sure.

Myth
Never read it but the make up is one reason I thought it looked a lot like Dick Tracy. Same sort of detective idea in the same time era with people with messed up faces (the man without a face looked awesome on Dick Tracy).

I just found out why I recognized Nick Stahl's (Yellow Bastard's) name as well. He was John Connor in T3.

TheFilmProphet
I'm definitely going to see this film in theatres. happy

<<Solo>>
Maybe because Rourke had surgery on his face and now he looks like a moron? So they had to make his face sort of....."cartoony".

T.M
i saw a trailer for this about an hour ago and i must say that it looks very interesting. I think i will have a look at it when it comes out

baracustastic
Jessica Alba *drool, dribble, slur, stupid giggle* That woman is unbelievably hot.

WindDancer
It looks promising...has been moved to rated R! I hope Rodriguez redeems himself with this movie after that catastrophe of Once Upon a time In Mexico.

forumcrew
yes and it looks as if she plays some sort of stripper or dancer

Morning_Glory
I havent even heard of this movie yet no expression where have I been no expression

forumcrew
well if you havnt gone and checked out the trailer yet do it now! http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4783

Solo
I've had the trailer up on the first page forever.

Myth
I just watched the intro along with 6 other minutes in a featurette my friend had. Looks good but 2 things bug me now.

1. I never liked Josh Hartnett but didn't realize just how bad his acting really is until watching part of this.

2. When they have flashes of comic strips in the movie, it looks pretty cool but they did it A LOT and it will get annoying if it happens too much. Hopefully that was just the intro where it does that a lot, but if it has comic flashes like that throughout the whole movie, I can imagine TONS of people hating this including me.

Other than that, looks very promising.

TheFilmProphet
Well the HUGE mixture of different talent and actors should make for a promising film hopefully.

forumcrew
i got tickets to see an advanced screening of this on the 29th a couple days before its april 1st release

ericadurancefan
alba as a dancer/stripper how brilliant take the focus off of her bad acting and more focus on her wonderful body

i like the look of the film,has a lot of promise

ragesRemorse
this film looks like it is one of two things. Either it tries to hard, or it actually succeeds in an artistic portrayel of the comic books style. The fact that robert rodriguz is directing lowers my expectations for greatly. This has to be one of the most overated directors out there. It does have a damn decent cast so it should be fairly hard to miss the target on this one.

cal31
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
this film looks like it is one of two things. Either it tries to hard, or it actually succeeds in an artistic portrayel of the comic books style. The fact that robert rodriguz is directing lowers my expectations for greatly. This has to be one of the most overated directors out there. It does have a damn decent cast so it should be fairly hard to miss the target on this one. Don't let it mislead you with the credits. Frank Miller directed this movie almost as much as Rodriguez did, but the film"authorities" wouldn't let them have two credited directors. Add to that that Quentin Tarantino directed a section of the movie, you should not have a negative opinion of the movie just because Rodriguez is the credited director.

ragesRemorse
Well thats good to hear. Miller has awsome vision. Wonder how it will turn out in film.

el barto
i've been loking forward to this movie for months and months alredy. anybody who have seen all 3 trailers that are out

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by el barto
i've been loking forward to this movie for months and months alredy. anybody who have seen all 3 trailers that are out

Yeah, i htink theres somthing wrong with them. Most of the scenes are in black and white, but some parts will be in color. I think someone is going to get in trouble for this mistake.

LanİeWindu™
Yeah, i htink theres somthing wrong with them. Most of the scenes are in black and white, but some parts will be in color. I think someone is going to get in trouble for this mistake.

rages,

That's the style the graphic novels are set in...mostly black and white with splotches of color.

They're just staying true to the book.

ragesRemorse

LanİeWindu™
If youdon't believe me, do a Google Image search on "Sin City"

ragesRemorse
no way man, i'm tellin you. they dont make comic books in black and white. That would just be silly.

Jimmy Buggs
anyone else with they could see a batman movie mad this way?

ragesRemorse
No. If begins works out, then maybe make one more installment with bale that doesnt co-exist with the other films and end it. I believe there was only one batman movie. and that is the original. The second was a great movie, but burton just used batman for artistic expression (inmy opinion) Batman forever was a spoof on the spoof t.v show from the 60's. and batman and robin was made soley to make fun of comic book fans.

Jimmy Buggs
im tellin you a bat man movie made in this style it would rock

King Burger
I just saw the tv commercial. Doesn't look too promising for
me.

The style seems annoying at best. Why try the impossible, of
capturing Miller's extreme black&white drawing style? It
won't work, atleast not without making the movie visually
un-watchable.

If one wants to see an example of a movie style that can
reasonably come close to the Sin City comics, then one should
look to the classic 1940's Film Noir films, like "Force of Evil"
of "The Asphalt Jungle". None of this CGI "Sky Captain"
bulls***!

And why the distorted faces? Again, this attempts to stick too
closely to the comic book's looks may end up ruining the film.

I also hope they didn't make Miho the super-killer than she
became in the comic books. like alot of people, I loved the
Sin City comic books when they first came out years ago. But
like alot of people as well, I hated how Frank Miller ruined
his own creation by turning Miho into a female Batman/Wolverine,
who can basically get the entire job done by herself if she wanted
to. Real stupid. Made me stop reading the comcs then.

el barto_1
no way man, i'm tellin you. they dont make comic books in black and white. That would just be silly.

eek! what about conan or agent x_9 theyr both in black and white, you really don't know what your talking about do you laughing out loud

Paola
here's another thread if you want to take a look: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292873

Soth
This is my most anticipated movie of this year. It looks so kick-ass. I'm gonig to be there opening night with bells on. I abso-f*ckin'-lutely can't wait. It's a by-the-book translation of Frank Miller's vision.

Originally posted by Solo
I guess Quentin Tarntino is going to help direct it. And it's a superhero story. Funny story- QT asked Robert Rodriguez to write the musical score for Kill Bill, and Rodriguez did it- to the tune of one dollar. And to return the favor, QT offerd to direct a scene of Sin City for the price of -you guessed it -one dollar. Hence the 'Special Guest Director' thing. It just shows how they're such good friends. smile

King Burger- since when did a faithful adaptation ruin a movie? Have some faith, man

fruits
this movie looks friggin sweet

el barto_1
can't wait

Alpha Centauri
This thread reminds me of when Jodie Foster said "I'm not doing Hannibal because Clarice wouldn't act like that". Thomas Harris just said "I wrote the book, I say she would. F*ck off".

Frank Miller found it quite appropriate to change Miho, he did so.

-AC

cal31
Well so far it's gettin really good reviews. It's at 100% on Rottentomatoes.com, out of 8 revies only though, but still sounds good so far.

Soth
It's coming out this Friday in the U.S.

Arachnoidfreak
CANNOT WAIT!

*joygasms*

whoopsey...

Morning_Glory
saw this movie today- it was really good! loved it

Arachnoidfreak
I saw it today too, IT WAS ****ING AWESOME IM GOING TO SEE IT AGAIN.

This is the comic book movie all others should be judged by. Every comic creator should have a hand in directing their own creation.

Deathwish
It was an awsome movie. I know the whole script.. &lt;-- yeah pathetic huh?

cal31
Ok finally saw it and thought it was great, although the Clive Owen and Del Toro part was the weakest out of the three. I'm lost about what the deal is with Josh Hartnett's character. *Spoilers* What is the meaning of the movie starting and ending with him?

Myth
He is an assassin. wink

Remember at the beginning, he said something along the lines of, "I'll never know what she was running from." That is because he didn't really know her, he just got close enough to kill her.

cal31
Yeah, but why was he hired to kill both of those girls?

LiL nAstY GirL
He was hired to kill Becky for her betrayle...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.