Beastie Boys

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000482309

hell yeah.

total metalhead
oh no not the Beasties again. They were a joke 10 years ago, what chance do they have today?

loserib
man that sucks i really like the beastie boys but after reading the artical it looks as if i will not be picking this album if i wanted to hear about politics i would watch cnn

mechmoggy
I'll still give it a go, I've got a soft spot for the Beastie's. cool

loserib
i like em just hate when musicains decide its more importent to preach politics then make good music

ElectricBugaloo
Beastie Boys were probably one of the best bands of the 80s (along with Talking Heads), and they've just evolved (unlike a lot of bands) over time; their music reflects what they are going through at the time, and i think it's Ad Rock that says that in the article.

I can't wait for the new album. But i've always listened to political artists, like Bob Dylan, Rage Against the Machine and At the Drive In; the political thing doesn't really matter to me, if that's what spot in life they are in when they write this, then that is what they write about.

ElectricBugaloo
but the new album still can't equal Paul's Boutique...

HockeyHorror
agree^

ElectricBugaloo
i'd put this ahead of any of their other albums though

HockeyHorror
ehhh^ kinda agree

ElectricBugaloo
This album is solid all the way thgouh, no horrible songs, a couple of really good songs, unlike most of their other albums that have some just plain BAD songs.

<<Solo>>
Oh sh!t I got the new cd,"To The 5 Boroughs". And it is definately the best cd of the year,easily. I'll agree with Rolling Stone, 5/5.

(And on the edited version of Check it out, you couldn't even tell it's edited, it was amazin, I'd like to see what the rest of the edited cd is like.)

Df02
Beasties are great lol

WindDancer
I'm thinking of picking up a copy of the album. I heard one of the songs on the radio and is kinda of retro old school music. Haven't listen to the Beastie boys for awhile.

ElectricBugaloo
yeah, it's like old school rap with some sick beats from Mix Master Mike

el barto
No sleep till Brooklyn stick out tongue

Darth Revan
ehhh... I don't get what all the hype about the Beastie Boys is. They're not bad, but they're not that great either.

Linkalicious
I got the new Beastie Boys CD. And to tell the truth I'm not a very huge Beastie Boys fan. I'm seriously impressed with the music on this CD, and I would recommend it to anyone that even remotely enjoys their other music.

Sarah15
i like the beatie boys, i agree with you their not bad, but their not exactly good either..ill probably have to get their new cd

ElectricBugaloo
they totally reinvent themselves every album--unlike most artists who have been around for 20 years and have been basically been doing the same thing (AC/DC, Rolling Stones for the past 20 years, etc). Compare their sophmoric debut album to this latest one.

Spicy_Mchaggis
the beastie's are awesome. anyone see them on 2$ bill? anyway they have alot of good songs. i dont care what anyone says about them.

ElectricBugaloo
I'm listening to Paul's Boutique right now. damn, this is a brilliant album

kaz
the beaty boys suck. they were alright i guess when they first came out but once they got grya hair theyre through. man the they really ****ing suck. its shit like this that gives white rappers a bad name.

Turbo-Cajun
Man, the Beastie Boys have been making music for as long as I've been alive. While alot of stuff from them has been mediocre at best, there is some stuff they've done that is classic. Liscence to Ill? an essential album. They may not be the best ever, or what ever but I think during their almost 20 years of writting songs and putting out cd's that they have made some important contributions to hip hop/rap....

Ronny
i hate the beatie boys

Darth Revan
I didn't used to like 'em, but they've grown on me... I don't really take them seriously, they just make music that's fun to listen to.

kaz
they used to actually have a mark cause they were white rappers but that was about it. they never really had any talent. but despite that thye never should have tryed to make a come back, they have way to much compitition with artist like eminem and lil wyte.

Ronny
when im listening to 'fun' music its usally word up by korn or lazy boy

Darth Revan
I like Word Up embarrasment

It makes me laugh laughing out loud

kaz&gt; Competition? From Eminem? Christ, I could kick his ass in a freestyle battle. no expression

Turbo-Cajun
Fight for your right to party? brass monkey? have you not heard of these songs? everyone has... it isn't a really cool thing now, their best work happened a ways back in the past, however when they still pretty fresh and new they were fun to listen to. I think that they are one group that while we can admit were not really that talented, were pretty fun to listen to back in the day. Yeah most people have moved beyond liking the Beasty Boys as good conteporary musicians... and most of the true fans from back in the day feel that the stuff like The Five Bouroghs and stuff is like beating a dead horse. The Beastie Boys were good artists. Their new stuff however is dissappointing.

Ronny
thats almost exactly what i said nivek embarrasment i forget the thread

Turbo-Cajun
What?

D-Double
The Beastie Boys are hip-hop. Every single song might not be a gem, but on every album there are at least six tracks that are smoke'n. I can't believe they don't get the respect they deserve. They've gone through more changes than the Beatles. Started off touring with Run-DMC for pete sake and then went totally against the grain and pioneer a new sound of hip-hop with Paul's Boutique (the Dust Brothers are geniuses). Then they picked up their own instruments and played the hell out of them with Check Your Head. A little later they drop the NYC master blaster Hello Nasty. And finally they bring it all full circle with the old school, b-boy'n, pop lock'n 5 Boroughs. Twenty years of hip-hop. Wow! I love those frigg'n guys.

cool Happy Dance rock stick out tongue raver wink
Beastie Faves:
Paul Revere
Brass Monkey
Time to get ill
Shake your Rump
Hey Ladies
What you want
Ill communication
"And you don't stop" or "Sure shot"
Intergalactic
Alive
3 MCs & 1 DJ
Triple Trouble
Sabotage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.