Power Supply?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
I'm confused....The machines used humans as batteries because humans nuked the earth which blocked the sun...well couldn't the machines have built big solar panels, seeing as the apocalyptic nuclear cloud only reaches to 20,000ft or so?

Seems alot easier than creating a whole matrix! stick out tongue

JKozzy
But see Tex, that just wouldn't be cool stick out tongue

JediHDM
Theres also the matter of what exactly is blocking the sun...those aren't just clouds, those are trillions upon trillions of nanomachines, effectively shut down any electrical signals traveling through them. That is why the Logos shut down, why the Sentinels that were following them were shut down, and why the machines couldn't build solar panels. sure, the solar panels would convert solar energy to electrical energy, however, that energy would never make it past the clouds. I would assume that the Machines indeed did try to do this, but it failed. It's not a nuclear cloud. Its technology at its best (or worst, whichever the case may be).

Tex
Oooooohhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I had no idea those were nanomachines!

WOW!
That's hella kewl! raver

That explains alot....but seeing as the nanomachines are created by the machines, and essentially machines...cant they just all be shut down revealing the sun?

Why were they created in the firstplace?

JKozzy laughing out loud

Korri
If they did that their would be no Matrix....therefore no film and thats just....stupid no expression

mook
watch the second renaissance parts 1+2

The Alpha
mook> I see that u lay a lot of stress on animatrix. Why is it so?

mors823
If the machines had a different source of power, then all the humans would have been wiped out. No humans, no Matrix, no movie. Period.

Korri
^^ exactly what i said

TheOne101
exaclty lol

Linkalicious
Not exactly....but sort of :P

mors823
The machines could of just used Energizer batteries. They keep going and going and going and going and going.....

animals_bunny1animals_bunny1animals_bunny1animals_
bunny1animals_bunny1animals_bunny1animals_bunny1an
imals_bunny1animals_bunny1animals_bunny1

mailedbypostman
*And crash into a concrete wall and short-circuit from the force of the impact.*

mors823
animals_bunny1animals_bunny1animals_bunny1animals_
bunny1animals_bunny1animals_bunny1animals_bunny1an
imals_bunny1animals_bunny1animals_bunny1

JediHDM
As was said before, watch the Animatrix, specifically Second renaissance. You can download it from the WB...you should be able to get there from the Matrix website. However, the nanomachines weren't created by the machines, they were created by the humans.

Korri
durecell bunnies!

Tex
I dont have broadband to dl the cartoon and I'm not really interested in renting the Animatrix...surely someone can answer this simple question: Why did the humans create the nanomachines?

Tex
Durrr Helen Keller, thanks for clearing that up! roll eyes (sarcastic)

JediHDM
because they were morons and thought that if they blocked the sun, the machines primary source of energy, the machines would run out of energy and just shut off...of course, they didn't think of what this would do to them, because they are MORONS... mad

Tex
Ah, that clears up everytihing! yes

Thanks! thumb up

Crash Overload
i wanted to say this forawhile... The MAchines USing the humans, and not sheep or cattle and stuff is REALLY smart, becasue, it Keeps Your Enemy Under Control Therefore they almost don't have to worry about them

Sifer
Don't have time to download a CARTOON?

It isn't just a cartoon, it is a work of art. There are no "toons" in the Animatrix, there are characters. Believe me m8, your opinions of "cartoons" would change after viewing The Animatrix. Amazing smile

JediHDM
yeah...especially after seeing FFOTO...hehehe...Jue...Jumpy

sum1butno1
So we're all morons? We're all members of the human race that would probably make that kind of mistake, aren't we? I mean, certain North American countries *cough*USA*cough* DID nuke entire cities, and others DID try to eliminate entire races. So we're just kinda a race of idiots who don't think about the consequences of our actions, aren't we?

Crash Overload
DUDE DON'T go there... your ruinning the Canadian image.... It was passed by the UN and anyways, I blame JApan for the Bots anyway...

Tex
Those must be very advanced nanomachines if they're able to remain functional for hundreds of years!

JediHDM
yes, we nuked two cities, which saved countless American and Japanese lives in the process...if we hadn't, the japanese woulda fought to the very last man. As they did on the islands in the Pacific. You wanna be mad at someone, you wanna say someone didn't think about the consequences of their actions. Fine. but Truman thought long and hard before dropping the first bomb. And still the Japanese didn't give up. If we had not dropped the second bomb, the Japanese would have kept fighting. Do not tell me that Truman was an idiot, or didn't think through his actions. He did. And i am proud to say that he was a President of the United States. We saved at least 250,000 american lives dropping those bombs. and countless Japanese lives. So spare me.

Korri
ill get my wife Milla on you....you know she will kick your ass stick out tongue

sum1butno1
Okay, okay. Everyone's a little sensitive about that. Sorry. I didn't mean to hit a nerve like that. I realize that Japan would have fought to the last man and the war very well might have gone on a lot longer, but it was meant to be some kind of sarcasm or something (though I can barely find it now myself). Guess I kinda sound like the stereotypical jealous neighbour or something.
But I'm still not convinced that those strikes were totally justified. I mean, that was quite a human sacrifice we shouldn't have needed to make, and I'm going to stick to part of my point; we do tend to kill each other pretty savagely.

But the moral of the story is, I'll try to phrase my posts better. Sorry guys and girls! (man, I'm really bad at getting people riled up in this forums)

Anyway, my point was that you were pretty quickly calling our race (the UN approved Dark Storm, didn't they?) a bunch of morons. Although that may be what image the Wachowskis were trying to give THESE humans.

Oh, and what do you mean by "the Bots"?

Crash Overload
bots = robts in other words the A.I.....

JediHDM
yes, the UN did approve of Dark Storm , although i don't completely agree with the UN either...but the whole idea of Dark Storm is ludicrous. I mean, does this sound like they are thinking to you?

"Lets blot out the sun so the machines don't have a power source...what's that? oh, yes, i know we will be killing ourselves in the process since plants need the suns rays to live and we need plants for oxygen, besides the nutrients plants provide us, and the Vitamen D(or is it E?) that we won't be getting from the sun. But we must stop those machines..."

I mean, really...that sounds like they aren't thinking to me...that they are being morons...does it not sound that way to you?

sum1butno1
Yeah, I do. Wonder if the Wachowskis are saying something? MiB comes to mind. Something along the lines of "A person is smart. People are dumb."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.