What 3d card do you have?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LeAtHerRFace
I have some just lying around like the:
Geforce 2
Geforce 3

But the one im recently using in my comp is the:
Asylum GeForce 5200 FX Ultra.

I want to get the top dawg Radeon one. Its like $400.

Neo_Version 7
I got crappy one.

GeForce 2 MX (32 MB)

I had to download Forceware for it like a coupla months back 2 play the latest games.

Thank god, Call of Duty worked.

And I heard Condition Zero and Half-Life 2's minumum video RAM is atleast 16. SO I think I'm good.

(For the time being)

Lord_Andres
Neo your not, Half Life 2 is gonna requier DirectX9 and only the latest GeForce cards(FX) are optimized for DirectX9, and it's probobly gonna requier 128mb GFX ram.

BackFire
That's not true. Half life will be able to run on a Geforce 2 card. It simply won't look very good and won't have any bells and whistles available.

Doom 3 on the other hand....that will require very good cards to run at all I think

BackFire
oh, anyways, I have a Radeon 9800 SE softmodded too a 9800 Pro

LeAtHerRFace
Nice.
GeForce 2 is not a crappy card. It is actually better than the 3rd version. GeForce 2 will work on any FPS high resolution game. But, you will need to install DirectX 9.0 for enchanced grafics.

Lord_Andres
GF2 better than GF3? PROVE IT find some tests
anyway if your gonna run HL2 with a GF2 its gonna lagg like hell trust me

sentinelrv
I feel lucky to have a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB.

BackFire
It won't lag really, you 'll just have to turn down all the graphical settings and make it look like a piece of crap. But it should run fine as far as framerate is concenered.

Lord_Andres
I doubt it, but we'l see when it'l be releast

BackFire
Hmmm...well valve has stressed that the game will be playable on a 3 yeard old system, it just won't look good.

Neo_Version 7
Well I do have DX 9b.

And did I mention it's actually a GeForce 2 MX 100/200 card, hmmm?

Well doesn't make a diffrence, rather get crap than nothing at all. I can't miss Half-Life 2.

JKozzy
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (128 MB) not too shabby, I'd say. Not the most powerful, but beats my old Geoforce 2 TNT (32MB)

LeAtHerRFace
You better be. eek!

Lord_Andres
well I found a test, and Geforce3 wins GF2 in all the tests big grin check it out

http://www.ixbt-labs.com/articles2/over2003/index.html#p1

eleveninches
its a 128 MB card. (i think its an ATI, but am not sure). I really want to get a nvidia, but doubt that I can afford it.

BackFire
ATI is generally a better brand right now then Nvidia.

HockeyHorror
i have geforce 2 and no lag at all. graphics are alright but no lag at all.

Lord_Andres
BF not true, Nvidia just launced the NV40 "GeForce 6800" and it kicks ass big time, check out the test

http://www.hardinfo.dk/show.asp?page=4360

the 3dmark2001 test http://www.hardinfo.dk/show.asp?page=4348

the 3dmark2003 test http://www.hardinfo.dk/show.asp?page=4349

BackFire
Of course it does right now, they're comparing nvidias new technology to ATI's technology of last year. ATI will be coming out with new technology shortly, that will almost definately destroy nvidias new stuff.

Also, the tests in 3d Mark 2001 are pretty close if you ask me. (I don't really pay attention to 3d mark 03, it isn't a good benchmark). The new nvidia only beats out the old ATI by 3000 points on 2001, nothing very special on that one.

Anyways, we'll see what happens when ATI releases their new big daddy. Because if the past few years are any indication, ATI is the new king of the video cards.

SaTsuJiN
I have Radeon 8500 64-MB -_- .. still with all honesty it manages to run todays games pretty decently. I do plan on getting 9800 pro 256 mb.. @_@!!

M® $¥®€Ñ
Asylum GeForce 5200 FX Ultra lying around out of a comp right now because it's about 1/2 cm too big for one comp.

My new comp i have running at home runs on a

Verto GeForceFX 5600 Video Card, AGP, 256MB DDR

and that thing is sweet. I can run pretty much any game on the market without lag or a slow framerate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.