i got a question: mistake?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shanie623
A mistake! ---

In the 3rd book, Hermoine started subscribing to the Daily Prophet in the summer to "keep in touch with the wizarding world" (am I right or not?) That was how she found out about the Weasleys winning the thousand galleons prize for the Daily Prophet contest.

SO, why in the 4th book, Hermoine said to Ron and Harry in the Great Hall that she's "just started subscribing to Daily Prophet because getting tired of finding things out on the paper by the Slytherins."

This was after Rita Skeeter wrote the article about her "love triangle with Potter and Krum." The Slytherins (Pansy Parkinson) showed the trio this article (because the trio , didn't subscribe to the newspaper SUPPOSEDLY, right?)

The mistake?... Hasn't Hermoine already been subscribing to the Daily Prophet since the 3rd book?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

shanie623
I've found yet another mistake. If you look in the Goblet of Fire , page 724-725... Start from the new paragraph.

Okay, when the Hogwarts students go home from Hogwarts, they have to go to Hogsmeade Station first right?! They have to go there to get on board Hogwarts Express (as mentioned in pg. 724-725)... This was after Harry witnessed Cedric died!!! How come J.K.R. didn't mention Harry seeing the "horseless carriage" in the end of the 4th book when they'd gone to Hogsmeade station (read pg. 724-725)??? Harry should have noticed by then!!! Harry only noticed about the "horseless carriage" in the 5th book, when he returned to Hogwarts for his 5th year!!! What the---?

Barbossas Child
Number 1: Hermione may have subscribed for the summer only, did you think of that possibility? Oh, and you should try writing a series of novels and get the continuity absolutely perfect...

Number 2: Maybe she hadn't thought of the carriages being pulled by invisible creatures yet. Maybe it was too soon after witnessing the death. Maybe they had another way of getting to Hogmeade station at the end of the year.

shanie623
Number 1: *Ahem* I wasn't expecting absolute perfection from J.K.R. I was just merely stating that I was "wondering" about this certain mistakes if ever they were mistakes.

Number 2: Yes, maybe she hadn't thought about it yet since she wrote the 5th book much, much later. Although, it DOES gets some readers confused because Harry should HAVE really seen the horseless carriages when they left Hogwarts through Hogsmeade station in the 4th book.

And NO, there's no other way of getting to Hogsmeade station at the end of the terms BECAUSE the horseless carriage is the only known way JKR had mentioned. Please read pages 724-725 of GOF =)

iluvsirius
havent you read carefully!?it says that the death of those has to "sink in" for you to see the threstals,by end of book 4 Cedrics death was resent, but when Harry went to howgart for his 5th year summer had passed and i think death sank a little bit more for him to be able to see them.. wink

celestial_moon
harry didn't see cedric die! his eyes were closed, saw a flash and then opened his eyes 2 c cedric die.

shanie623
iluvsirius: Ohhh.. right, about the "sink in," part... I did read that part, but it's still weird... anyways...

celestial_moon: Coincidently I was just thinking about that right now. Harry didn't see Cedric exactly die huh? I just read the passage in the book when Wormtail casted the Avada Kadavra at Diggory. Harry Potter collapsed that time because of the pain in is forehead... hmm... that's got me thinking.

Barbossas Child
Ye need ta Get A Life Shanie (no offense)

shanie623
No offense or not, what do you mean by that? OR were you the one who's offended because I quoted you? Haha. YOU apparantly need to get a life more than I do. And oh, by the way, no offense too. laughing

Barbossas Child
Look Mate, what I meant was if ye have this great life that ya say ye did in tha PM, then y waste yer time criting and pulling apart the little things in a fantasy novel?

(Oh and by the way, My shit would be golden compared ta yours... No offense)

shanie623
That's why it's called a Private Message because what I wanted to say to you is not at all necessary to the thread's purpose. Unlike you who'd rather say moronic things here, because I think you merely want to draw attention to yourself, something that you can't do in your own real life (Oh, excuse me... do you have one?).

I didn't want to draw things out because it's just too shallow arguing over something ON THE FREAKING INTERNET about wasting my time "criting and pulling apart the little things in a fantasy novel" because I sarcastically "need to get a life."

I guess you didn't get what I'd hoped you'd understand in the PM I sent you. I'd have to say it straight out: THIS IS A FORUM. NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO TELL ANYONE THAT THEY "NEED TO GET A LIFE" BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT FORUM IS FOR: A FORUM IS A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TALK ABOUT THINGS THAT BOTHER OR INTEREST YOU ON A CERTAIN SUBJECT MATTER AS LONG AS IT'S RELATED TO THE FORUM'S PURPOSE.

That's the reason I sent you the PM. Unfortunately, you're the one who needs to get a life because why are you pretending to "not offend" a member in the forum when it's certainly how you're acting right now...

This isn't even related to the topic anymore. If you need to say something unnecessary, say it in PM like I did. Don't try and catch yourself some attention here. People might say YOU need to get a life. I'm done, mate.

Now back to topic.

celestial_moon

Amy Black
Guys, there are so many mistakes in the movies that I can hardly keep counting. I know now that the 3rd movie will be "illusion-destructing".

celestial_moon
?

Alar
even tho he woz a baby, wudnt he hv seen his mother die? maybe that didnt start 2 sink in till much l8r in his life, like after the events of the past summer. sorry if there's something that proves me wrong, but thats jus a theory for if harry didnt see ced die.

Amy Black
In the movie "Philosopher's Stone", Hermione speaks Voldemort's name. No need bigger mistake.

celestial_moon
not really cause i thought he was asleep when his mom died then he woke up...or was it he was in a different room

Alar
i didnt think so, coz of all that 'his mother died to save him' stuff, doesnt it say somewhere that she protected him, and kinda died infront of him?

airangel
bumping ....for combing a mistake thread

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin

Merry Lover
Harry didn't see his mother die, it says so on the JKRowling website. He was in the same room, but in his cot (or whatever you call it). Which makes the scene in the PS movie a mistake...

Also on the JKRowling website, it says that Harry DID see Ced die, but he was to preoccupied with that fact that he didn't notice the Thestrals.
I think thats just an excuse though, she probably just hadn't thought of the Thestrals yet, like iluvsirius and others have already said.

I love your name, iluvsirius!

big grin

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin Yup...We cant expect her to get every thing perfect big grin

Merry Lover
Exactly, we should actually give the poor woman a break...Right after she's finished writing the 7th book! big grin

ArrghPirateGirl
laughing Yup....Then we can all move on with our Lives

ladygrim
hmmmmm

ArrghPirateGirl
big grin.......hhhhmmmmmm?

ladygrim
smile

ArrghPirateGirl
blink

ladygrim
lol nice face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.