LexCorp or Wayne Enterprises

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jamaican
Hey I'm new here so I don't know it this has been done before...

Lex Luthor vs. Bruce Wayne....

Who is Smarter? Who has more money? Who has more power (pre-pres. Lex)...Do you think that if Bruce was more committed to his 'Day Job' he'd be more powerful than Lex (if he isn't already)...Do you think that maybe instead of it being Pres. Lex, it might have been Pres. Wayne?..............

....ALSO....

I've been trying to figure out what 'No mans land' is, or what went down during that story, i have no clue about anything to do with that, except for the fact that Lex had his hand in it...could anyone help me out...Thanks alot....

Matt - Jamaican Sensation

Gregory
I don't know about Wayne vs. Luthor. As for No Man's Land...

After Gotham was leveled by an Earthquake (Cataclysm), it was decided that it would not be rebuilt. Citizens were told to get out (but many of them were unable to evacuate), the bridges to Gotham were blown, and it was declared a no man's land; after the evacuation, those left in the city were not alowed to leave, and those outside the city were not allowed to enter.

Various gangs and villians seized control of parts of Gotham (Mr. Freeze seized the power plant, Poison Ivy took control of the park, and so on). The GCPD was reduced to just another gang, lead by Gordon. The Batman ordered his troops out of Gotham, and dissapeared. A new Batgirl appeared, and Batman came back. He fought for control of Gotham, and ordered his troops back into the city. Cassandra Cane becomes Batgirl.

Then, Luther steps in and pays for Gotham to be rebuilt. He claims he's there for humanitarian reasons; actually, he has a plan to take control of Gotham, which Batman thwarts.

If that summary didn't make much sense, it's because I was trying to condense over five TPBs-worth of material into a few paragraphs. If you want more detailed information (but I warn you, it's basically one spoiler after another), you can check out this site:

http://chipcentral.tripod.com/nml/nmlguide1.htm

Interestingly, Batman thwarts Luthor not as Batman, but as Bruce Wayne; he provides Fox with evidence of Luther's wrong-doings, and only steps in as Batman to keep Fox from being murdered.

Jamaican
I See.. Thanks for the explaination....another question, what exactly does TPB stand for , and could you tell me the names of the books that it took place over (i think you said 5).
Thanks Alot

BTW - why was it declared a no man's land? why weren't people to leave or enter at a certain point?

Matt - Jamaican Sensation

Speed doesn't kill you, its the sudden stop at the end that does...

Gregory
TPB stands for Trade Paper Back, which is nothing more than a collection of comic issues. They are titled No Man's Land 1--5. Unfortunately, there are a lot of issues that aren't collected in the TPB's, including all the adventures of Robin, Nightwing, and Azrael.

I believe that Lex Luther had something to do with Gotham being declared a no-man's land. The rational was that Gotham was a crime-ridden, generally unpleasant place in the first place, and that between the plague and the earthquake, it was no longer worth saving.

People weren't allowed to enter or leave because ... uh ... just because, really. There might have been some other explanation, but I didn't catch it. Maybe it was the government's way of cutting all ties with Gotham.

Darth Vicious
An the main question of LexCorp _vs_ WAyne Enterprises is answered in a recent issue of the Batman/Superman, as Wayne Ent. buys LexCorp from under Luthor, leaving Lex penniless!

Jamaican
HELL YEAH...
Thanks alot, could you give me the info on that issue...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.