ruff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BadBabe
welllll

i think screaming into the microphone ROX like chester drool

BadBabe
hey look 100% of the votes says yes happy

loserib
yes id do like screaming/growling lyrics but chester would have to be the worst example of this since everytime he does scream its only for a second and he has more range clean singing then he does with his screams

total metalhead
Chester has no range at all. He's a one note wonder.

I prefer growls to screams, anyone can scream but it takes real power to growl. I think Chino from Deftones has the best scream, even when he's performing live and leaping about on stage his screams are always clear and wild.

iluvpippin
not anymore! stick out tongue

§pearhead
As TMH said, growls are better. Ultraspank, Spineshank, and Ill Nino at times are other good examples of this.

total metalhead
Max Cavalera, Philip Anselmo, Corey Taylor and Jonny Santos are the best growlers i can think just off the top of my head.

but there are some vocalists who often dont need to growl or scream. Falling Away From Me by Korn is a perfect example. Its got a massive chorus with crashing drums and booming guitar riffs, but Jon Davis doesnt scream or growl to punctuate his words, he just kind of shouts melodically. Thats a stupid way of putting it, but the point is that screams and growls dont always equal agression, and some vocalists dont need to use either to generate power in their voice. I just wish more singers would realise this.

BadBabe
growls like what the lead in staind does sometimes or like a dog

total metalhead
Aaron Lewis??? he doesn't growl. Growls as in what Corey Taylor (Stone Sour/Slipknot) and Max Cavalera ( former Sepultura/Soulfly) do.

Df02
depends.....

Dillinger escape plan are good......

and i wouldnt say that Chester exactly screams.......whinges perhaps

total metalhead
he does scream, just in a pathetically over-theatrical way.

loserib
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.